Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Amazing picture: Allen, Norman, Blanchflower, White return to the Spurs end after scoring at Villa Park.

Cm3tuX3WYAITsJT.jpg

Spurs vs Chelsea – a policeman’s helmet goes flying as he wades into the crowd to stop an outbreak of fighting 1975.

Cm8b5L6XEAAbzzZ.jpg

The British Queen was well lairy
One of my mates from Somerset took his then girlfriend , now wife, to spurs for her first ever match.

I still can not believe they were still together when he said ' we had a breakfast near Paddington, then got the train up to WHL and went in the British queen for some pre match drinks.......'

After a long silence he then quipped that ' it was lively in there today'

The Lane in 1912. Opposition?

Will be interested in seeing if anyone can come up with a definitive answer for this.

After digging through the fixtures for 31-32 and 32-33 I'm fairly confident it's a league fixture as we only played 1 FA cup match at WHL in those years (drawing Sheffield Wednesday 2-2 before losing the replay).

If the opposition were in their preferred colours, and the provenance of the picture is definitely 1932, then digging through historicalkits.co.uk I think the possibilities are

United

manchester_united_1932-1934feb-o.gif

And Barnsley

Barnsley_1931-1932.gif

But I think Millwall is the larger probability if it's not certain the picture is from 1932 (or if the web history is a little inaccurate). Their 33-35 kit below.

millwall_1933-1935-cf.gif

Our kits really didn't change much in that era, so it's impossible to use ours to really establish the year. But we were wearing navy socks and shorts, which seems to match monochromatic very well with the opposition's top where the red I would think might look a shade or two off.

And, obviously, if it were any number of our 2nd division opponents of the day such as Swansea or Port Vale, among others, who would've had to play in their change kit then I haven't a clue. Historical record of change strips is much sportier.

And massive thanks to Joe Clash Joe Clash for asking an interesting question and wasting 3 hours of my life.

:chadliblow:

EDIT: Oh...it's 1912...well, fuck, not doing that again. Jesus. Not sure why I picked that up as '32. #nightwasted

Back
Top Bottom