Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not a photo as such... but a clip from the Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur FC - 100 Years Special.
(I was feeling mist-eyed and nostalgic stuck out here in Austria for another week...)

Watch it all if you have the time... but the reason I posted this, is to ask you all, before the match kicks-off tonight, to skip forward to near the end at 21:55 (just after Bill Nic has spoken)
John Motson asks Arthur Rowe (that Arthur Rowe... 'Push-and-Run' Arthur Rowe) what Tottenham Hotspur means to him...

I'll say no more, just watch, and maybe have the handkerchief ready!
(it might also help to be standing up, singing 'Glory-Glory Hallelujah' to yourself as you watch...)

For those going, enjoy the match tonight... for those who ain't, thank gawd for the internet!
I'll see you at the Southampton game!

Something is a bit suss here...
Ci-xHLTWYAAc1_X.jpg:large

Not a photo as such... but a clip from the Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur FC - 100 Years Special.
(I was feeling mist-eyed and nostalgic stuck out here in Austria for another week...)

Watch it all if you have the time... but the reason I posted this, is to ask you all, before the match kicks-off tonight, to skip forward to near the end at 21:55 (just after Bill Nic has spoken)
John Motson asks Arthur Rowe (that Arthur Rowe... 'Push-and-Run' Arthur Rowe) what Tottenham Hotspur means to him...

I'll say no more, just watch, and maybe have the handkerchief ready!
(it might also help to be standing up, singing 'Glory-Glory Hallelujah' to yourself as you watch...)

For those going, enjoy the match tonight... for those who ain't, thank gawd for the internet!
I'll see you at the Southampton game!

I remember this being aired on the Beeb at the time, and actually taped it. It would get played everytime we had a get together, and the bit you mention was everybody's favourite - 'Lots' . And doesn't Mr P look totally handsome!

Something is a bit suss here...
Ci-xHLTWYAAc1_X.jpg:large

It looks like an early audition for The Apprentice where Alan Sugar has given the squad a challenge.

"This challenge aint about winning the bleedin' FA Cup or finishing in the top six. No. It's sumin' more important then that. I wanna see what skills you 'av in marketing merchandise and making loadsa profit. In the back of me van is a load of crap that needs shifting. The team that flogs the most stuff by the end of tomorrow wins and the team that don't, loses, and in that team, one of yous gets fired."

Last edited:
But he's wearing what looks like a Lineker T-Shirt at the back...if you look at Thorsvedt, Van Den Hauwe and Durie they are wearing stuff with their own photo on them...
You'r right, Lineker was at the back.
Done before Lineker left for Grampas and they put ET's head on Lineker

Edit: probably done out of spite

The really sad thing is at the time I wanted to own everything Spurs in that catalogue and didn't think any of it was shit. Looking at it now...well um let's just say thank goodness I was a poor kid...and bullets seemed to have been dodged...along with a few school yard bullies who would have had a field day with me had I owned a few of what I would have thought was class merchandise.

What an appealing pic that is. As mentioned there are 2 sedgleys.
I wondered if one of those randoms was calderwood or was he bought later?
Calderwood was later, Klinsmann era wasn't he? Apparently he was signed by Ossie in 93. This pic was 92-93 surprised Gazza still made the picture as it have been just before he finally left us. No different Bale coming out for that UA kit launch before moving.

Back
Top Bottom