Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Waddle, Clive Allen and Mabbutt aside, none of them would get near our current squad...
And if anyone points out Mitchell Thomas or Gary Stevens, I'll swing for 'em!!!!

DQCK0eh.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW!! That puts the Delli-Dier Bromance into perspective, dunnit???
I don't recall ever seeing this photo, which is the main reason I posted it, but also have you ever seen Crooks looking so young? Problem of being a kid myself back then I guess things get a bit distorted and you end up remembering the players scoring goals and wearing the lilywhite.

it's an image created for our forthcoming 'memory lane' documentary SoCalSpurs SoCalSpurs .

it illustrates spurs's humble origins in the church, and characterises the religious fervour associated with supporting the club.

the photo appearing on the left-hand page is, perhaps, the first ever official team photo, featuring also rev john ripsher (the bible class teacher and father of spurs, second from the right, top row).

the image appearing on the right-hand page depicts the swashbuckling sir henry percy (aka harry hotspur), sword in hand at the battle of shrewsbury, where he lost his life rebelling against the double-crossing king henry iv.

Last edited:
it's an image created for our forthcoming 'memory lane' documentary SoCalSpurs SoCalSpurs .

it illustrates spurs's humble origins in the church, and characterises the religious fervour associated with supporting the club.

the photo appearing on the left-hand page is, perhaps, the first ever official team photo, featuring also rev john ripsher (the bible class teacher and father of spurs, second from the right, top row).

the image appearing on the right-hand page depicts the swashbuckling sir henry percy (aka harry hotspur), sword in hand at the battle of shrewsbury, where he lost his life rebelling against the double-crossing king henry iv.
Can't wait to see it. I thought that was a real book. Wanted to get my hands on it.

What's wonderful about that pic is that at least 4 or 5 players don't look out of place!
Kane, Dier, Eriksen, Vertonghen and Lloris all have a look about them that says they could've appeared in the original!!

....meanwhile Walker looks as if he needs explaining how he's managed to time travel!

Back
Top Bottom