Real Madrid V TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

spursin
I loved it, he didnt deliver so you won in my eyes, he had a chance to do the right thing and prove he wasnt lying, would have been funny if he did it.
I wasn't going to get into technicalities. I wonder how he's getting on with the execrable Spursinho Spursinho ? I can't imagine it's a lot of fun - but none of this is. One has to pick and choose.

Sadly not Joe, I fear like you as we edge towards this franchise league, a good season is 5th a bad season is 7th an average season is 6th, we havent bought in the players for 4th - sad when we already know whats going to happen isnt it

Lets just hope we stay up there until stadium built
Agree. I thought Poch worked a near miracle getting 5th last season, but clearly most of our "fans" weren't happy - oh well, fuck them.

Our squad being misbalanced and thin has nothing to do with Audi Cup though.

I understand the point you're making and I do agree with you. I'm just saying that fatigue shouldn't be the issue that it's being made out to be.

But they both have plenty to do with fatigue and risk as players we're depending on are having to be used too much. Sound familiar, like from Jan 2015 to May 2015?

And it's not just the physical fatigue from playing twice in 2 days now, they were in the U.S. just a few days ago and have all the basic schedule of logistics and travel to go through from Thursday right through to kick off on Saturday.

Thursday/Sunday shouldn't be a problem either according to many but the facts are that it is a consistent problem. It's not just down to 90minutes twice in 72hrs, it's all the flannel inbetween with travel and stuff and having no time to prep and drill for the next opposition etc.

I understand the point you're making and I do agree with you. I'm just saying that fatigue shouldn't be the issue that it's being made out to be
But it is a factor whether you choose to believe it or not - have you not watched us in the Europa over the last few seasons? Or the subsequent league games? Fatigue is not the problem mate, it's the time spent on travelling that eats into the coaching for the next league game that's the problem.

Instead of preparing for the upcoming league game, we're fucking about in Russia, trying to keep everyone injury free. Footballers like to be told how, and where to play. They need a game plan. "Ok Benjy, you stay tight to their no. 7, that kind of shit. We are neglecting this. It's not all about fitness.

Last edited:
Just re-watched the match well because why the fuck not. Few things that stood out…

- Against Real Madrid, we were not as bad as people thought. Especially in the first half.

- Biggest issue to me - Rose and Walker had tons of room on the wings and failed to get the ball into dangerous areas. They either had their cross blocked or made a poor decision ruining the attack.

- Eriksen, Lamela, and Dembele are too redundant. Lamela is the only player willing to make runs, but since he played centrally, he did not make many.

- Dembele slimmed down a lot, but he's still no RW/RAM.

- NEED PACE. A player that will run behind defenses.

And that's enough Cooper. Bin me again, like the early adopters did with sammy. You're all a bunch off massive cunts, who want to be liked. Wheedling wankers. Please love me. Shithouse. Fucking children.

Grown men talking about a sin bin? Have at you, you loathsome reptile. Do your worst you fat little creepy man. Urgh. My bowels are empty.

Last edited:
And that's enough Cooper. Bin me again, like the early adopters did with sammy. You're all a bunch off massive cunts, who want to be liked. Wheedling wankers. Please love me. Shithouse. Fucking children.

Grown men talking about a sin bin? Have at you, you loathsome reptile. Do your worst you fat little creepy man. Urgh. My bowels are empty.
OK

I thought so - nothing to say except an insult. I won't stop commentating because I enjoy interacting with the forum.
So "righto" was one of your well thought out arguments? I couldn't give a fuck what you want Mick - I will pick you up every time you talk bollocks - which is going to be every day. Seriously, do you stand by that shit you said earlier - about training? Sitting around on your fat arse on a beach must give you real insight. Don't take the piss out of fans who put the effort in. You're an embarrassment.
commentating? I hadn't realised I was a sporting contest
righto = I read and see your argument - I have nothing to say to it, and have no desire to get into a heated debate over a difference of opinion that is unlikely to be resolved without a deterioration in the quality of the thread.
I would be embarrassed if my only object in life was to start arguments and post insults about other Spurs fans because I didn't have the self control not to.

righto = I read and see your argument - I have nothing to say to it, and have no desire to get into a heated debate over a difference of opinion that is unlikely to be resolved without a deterioration in the quality of the thread.
I would be embarrassed if my only object in life was to start arguments and post insults about other Spurs fans because I didn't have the self control not to.
Hey Mickey. You really spoil it for me.. I go for a run up to the offy and back, but my calves tighten up like motherfuckers, and all I've got is a load of Rastas laughing at me. Well them niggas smooth my white boy calves - we're playing doms - but I'm not getting rid of those mofo's till I've got my money back.

Edit: Fuck off Tommo (our Tommo) it's G sharp.

What phones can do these days.

Banno, whammo. Make it so.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Yes I'm juvenile. You win.

Last edited:
having no time to prep and drill for the next opposition etc.

They've had the entire summer to prep for United. I know they haven't spent the entire time working on a game plan for that one specific game, but you're seriously not giving the coaching staff any credit if you think that they didn't look at this run of friendlies and not work in time to train specifically for United.

If there is concern for playing these matches so close to the start of the season, then why weren't the likes of Adebayor and Soldado brought along to play and give Kane a rest?

I mean they are still under contract, right?

If there is concern for playing these matches so close to the start of the season, then why weren't the likes of Adebayor and Soldado brought along to play and give Kane a rest?

I mean they are still under contract, right?

I think Poch doesn't want Ade near the squad & he has been told not to take Roberto in case he were to play & get a knock as it's harder to sell damaged goods.

Was walking back to the U-Bahn from the ground yesterday and a bunch of fellow Spurs supporters were having a good little sing song, and I heard from a Bayern supporter "What are they singing for? They lost."

:pochfacepalm:

Was walking back to the U-Bahn from the ground yesterday and a bunch of fellow Spurs supporters were having a good little sing song, and I heard from a Bayern supporter "What are they singing for? They lost."

:pochfacepalm:

VIctory "Sieg" is everything in Germany. Recognition of worthy opposition is very seldom indeed. I've heard this type of comment lots of times over the years.

• Watching a Man U v Real Madrid game in a German pub, the real Ronaldo was substituted to a standing ovation from the Man U crowd. "Why are the applauding, he scored against them and the are losing."
  • When Ukrainian Manager, Valeriy Lobanovsky, passed away, several clubs held a minute silence in his honor."Why should anyone give a shit about a dead fat fucker from the Ukraine?" was the comment in the pub at the beginning of a UEFA Cup game.

PS Edit: Leaving the house this morning, the guy upstairs SHOUTED AT ME, that Spurs were beaten last night in such a way that I almost thought I should apologies. Bloody hell.

Last edited:
Loose against Real Madrid in a friendly match and all of a sudden, we're fucked for the coming season.
Would be a completely different story if we beat Real Madrid yesterday, wouldn't it...

Some of you on here are honestly embarrassing, most of which only comment when there is something to moan about because I don't see your name pop up on here any other time. :adethumbup:

Loose against Real Madrid in a friendly match and all of a sudden, we're fucked for the coming season.
Would be a completely different story if we beat Real Madrid yesterday, wouldn't it...

Some of you on here are honestly embarrassing, most of which only comment when there is something to moan about because I don't see your name pop up on here any other time. :adethumbup:

You wait til our 2nd string lose to a poor Milan side today, meltdowns everywhere.

I do like how our pre season teams have been essentially my FIFA15 manager mode side: Onomah, Winks, Carroll, Alli, Coulthirst, Dier, Yedlin, Bentaleb, Pritchard etc.

I even have Vorm in goal since Lloris fucked off to Man Utd and won't come back

Back
Top Bottom