Ray Evans???

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My friend from Seattle just told me that a girl's dad that he's friends with played for Spurs. Anyone know anything about Ray Evans?

Thelonious said:
Read about him in The Glory Game. Was on the fringes of our first team in the early 70s.

From that wiki link, he played 140 times and in the 1974 UEFA Cup final. In an era with 1 sub(?) thats a pretty impressive haul for a fringe player!

YidoBuckler said:
Thelonious said:
Read about him in The Glory Game. Was on the fringes of our first team in the early 70s.

From that wiki link, he played 140 times and in the 1974 UEFA Cup final. In an era with 1 sub(?) thats a pretty impressive haul for a fringe player!
He played in the 1972 final as well I think, played alongside Mike England.

remember ray very well!.. scored a blinder from around 25 yards in a night home game v the chavs mid 70's.. tall dark haired cultured full back who loved to get forward.
was first choice fullback for a few seasons in a veery average spurs team.

Back
Top Bottom