Race for top 4 still on?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This should be edited to 'The race for top 6 still on?'.

Has anyone else considered the fact that it is now a real possibility that Sherwood could take Villa into Europe at our expense? I am sure that would vindicate some of the Sherwood fan boys on here, but it would make me unable to look at any sports pages for the next 6 months or so.

Not even sure who we were supposed to be catching with this easier run-in but with Newcastle, Everton and Southampton away and City at home in our last 8 games I'd have swapped with the Scousers, Southampton and City I think. If we were going on 10 games then Scousers just had two tougher ones, got spanked in both, still above us with a game in hand.

Looking back over months and not weeks, great results and performances against Chavski and the Scum, otherwise we've even made hard work of games we dominated against Leicester and Swansea and, scraped by QPR.

We have won 5 games in 15, that is shit.

Lose at home to Baggies, Geordies, Stoke & Villians you don't deserve 4th. Out of these 4 games which I had the displeasure of attending, the Stoke performance was THE most inept display I can ever recall down the Lane. I've let friends have my season ticket for Citeh & Hull games. I've dugout my flip flops same as our team and putting this season to a distant memory. Best part of yesterday was watching Alex Pritchard score for Brentford while drinking 1664 in the Billy Nick. I'll still be renewing my season ticket for another season of a few highs and I suspect quite a few lows. Very pissed off Yiddo.

Louisiana Hotspur said:
We still had the easiest run-in if everyone else's was harder. It was never a predict

on of results, just recognition of one factor that was in our favor. Make a straw man equating "easi-est" with "easy peasy" if you want, but the singular point was that we would not have taken any other team's run-in. The fact that we had poor results--in fact even if we lost every game--does not change that premise.

Results (predicted or actual) is an entirely different conversation. As a matter of logic, the only way to make the argument that our run-in is not the easiest is to argue that another one is easier.
Tottenham Hotspur FC and easy can not be used in the same sentence. They are not compatible. Like healthy fat guy or Soldado top goal score its paradoxical?

On our day we can beat anybody. It's all about consistency which we haven't had in a zillion years.
True. I think the final feather in our cap this season would be to get something out of the City game. Then we could say we took points from all of the top 4 (unless Liverpool is one) this season, including dominating wins over the top two. That's something to build on and a far cry from last season. Consistency comes with stable management and experienced players, an area we should continue to improve upon.

We won't, but if we was to win our last 6 games, we'd still get 4th. Realistically, we'll get 9 or so points and come 7th.

Our chances stand at around 0,1% perhaps and here is what needs to happen:

Next weekend we beat Newcastle while City draw to West Ham earlier on the day. Liverpool doesn't play on the weekend. Southampton lose to Stoke away of course.
4 City 33 62
5 Liverpool 32 57
6 Spurs 33 57
7 Southampton 33 56

The weekend after we beat Southampton away ending their hopes of Champions League qualification. Liverpool gets a draw at WBA, but win at Hull a few days later. City manage a win vs Villa at home, as they find form again.

4 City 34 65
5 Liverpool 34 61
6 Spurs 34 60
7 Southampton 34 56

The first weekend of May is a huge shock though as Spurs smash City at the Lane! Liverpool beat QPR at home and Southampton get back on track winning away to Sunderland.

4 City 35 65
5 Liverpool 35 64
6 Spurs 35 63
7 Southampton 35 59

Leicester are desperate for points and win a point at home vs Southampton, their hopes of catching Spurs seems pale. Liverpool gets beaten by Champions Chelsea and City beats QPR at home.

4 City 36 68
5 Spurs 36 66
6 Liverpool 36 64
7 Southampton 36 60

Liverpool beat Crystal Palace, but Spurs beat Hull at home too. A unmotivated City team suddenly lose again, while Southampton beast Timmy.

4 Spurs 37 69
5 City 37 68
6 Liverpool 37 67
7 Southampton 37 61

On the last weekend Spurs play Everton who can't use their in-form player Lennon and have nothing left to play for. Spurs, who suddenly found their form in the last six games end up at 72 points thus making the result of the City and Liverpool games irrelevant.

4 Spurs 38 72
5 City 38 71
6 Liverpool 38 68
7 Southampton 38 61

Next week I'll tell you how Spurs are going to win the League next season.

Next weekend we beat Newcastle while City draw to West Ham earlier on the day. Liverpool doesn't play on the weekend. Southampton lose to Stoke away of course.
4 City 33 62
5 Liverpool 32 57
6 Spurs 33 57
7 Southampton 33 56

The weekend after we beat Southampton away ending their hopes of Champions League qualification. Liverpool gets a draw at WBA, but win at Hull a few days later. City manage a win vs Villa at home, as they find form again.

4 City 34 65
5 Liverpool 34 61
6 Spurs 34 60
7 Southampton 34 56

The first weekend of May is a huge shock though as Spurs smash City at the Lane! Liverpool beat QPR at home and Southampton get back on track winning away to Sunderland.

4 City 35 65
5 Liverpool 35 64
6 Spurs 35 63
7 Southampton 35 59

Leicester are desperate for points and win a point at home vs Southampton, their hopes of catching Spurs seems pale. Liverpool gets beaten by Champions Chelsea and City beats QPR at home.

4 City 36 68
5 Spurs 36 66
6 Liverpool 36 64
7 Southampton 36 60

Liverpool beat Crystal Palace, but Spurs beat Hull at home too. A unmotivated City team suddenly lose again, while Southampton beast Timmy.

4 Spurs 37 69
5 City 37 68
6 Liverpool 37 67
7 Southampton 37 61

On the last weekend Spurs play Everton who can't use their in-form player Lennon and have nothing left to play for. Spurs, who suddenly found their form in the last six games end up at 72 points thus making the result of the City and Liverpool games irrelevant.

4 Spurs 38 72
5 City 38 71
6 Liverpool 38 68
7 Southampton 38 61

4 City 36 68
5 Spurs 36 66
6 Liverpool 36 64
7 Southampton 36 60

4 Spurs 37 69
5 City 37 68
6 Liverpool 37 67
7 Southampton 37 61

4 Spurs 38 72
5 City 38 71
6 Liverpool 38 68
7 Southampton 38 61

Next week I'll tell you how Spurs are going to win the League next season.[/QUOTE]

Can I subscribe ?

4 City 33 62
5 Liverpool 32 57
6 Spurs 33 57
7 Southampton 33 56

4 City 34 65
5 Liverpool 34 61
6 Spurs 34 60
7 Southampton 34 56

4 City 35 65
5 Liverpool 35 64
6 Spurs 35 63
7 Southampton 35 59

4 City 36 68
5 Spurs 36 66
6 Liverpool 36 64
7 Southampton 36 60

4 Spurs 37 69
5 City 37 68
6 Liverpool 37 67
7 Southampton 37 61

4 Spurs 38 72
5 City 38 71
6 Liverpool 38 68
7 Southampton 38 61

Better clean myself up

Back
Top Bottom