Race for top 4 still on?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With City's loss today, is the race for top 4 still on? 6 points behind City with City meeting a well playing United next week they could lose another 3 points. We also have a game against City in may.

no its not on. 5th is gettable. liverpool are falling away & there priority has to be fa cup. i dont think the saints wil finish above us. so i fancy us to get 5th. we arent playing well enough to get 4th & the players are already on their holidays.

It's over buddy, just watch the rest of the season with numb disinterest like the rest of us. It will be easier...trust me
agreed. u can just relax & watch knowing a win or loss will make no significant impact on us. just playing for pride now.

It's the hope that kills you. Fourth is not on. It's still possible, sure. Just like it's still possible for Woolwich to go and win the league, but it won't happen. I'd love nothing more than to pip lottery winners for a Champions League spot but I think our focus should be just finish as high as we can and take one game at a time.

Remember, we're still fighting with Liverpool for fifth right now and I think it's disrespectful to rule out Southampton.

With City's loss today, is the race for top 4 still on? 6 points behind City with City meeting a well playing United next week they could lose another 3 points. We also have a game against City in may.
You're right - we keep going until it's impossible. Or I could just say bollocks because it's unlikely - and easier. Fuck the realists. Miserable bunch of cunts.

It was over before it started really as we stared in a mess but definitely after the Liverpool and West Ham games. Mathematically possible with a hint of optimism when we won 2 games after being beaten in the cups but, completely buried by United.

We actually haven't been all that at all since the scum win. We even managed to make nervous, hard work of games we have won against Swansea, QPR and Leicester.

4th place is not even a question. After today's game and our performance yesterday the target os 2nd place. If Chelsea throw a game then we should go for first place, but at night time when they are sleeping.

Please No talk about getting 4th. We are not good enough. If we had the pick of some Soton players, the enthusiam of Palace - yes, but no we are not there yet.

At this point, it's funny to think that Man City actually look like an easier team to overtake than United. Crazy season.

Though I did predict something like this could happen to them... (March 14th)

Man City could drop a lot of points now.

Nothing breeds poor form like disappointed mercenaries.

And yes, I may have gone on to say this...

Anyone fancy sealing Champions League football at the Etihad again?
:crouch:

Edit: bugger. Forgot we're playing that fixture at WHL...

But yeah, barring a miraculous turnaround in our form twinned with City fucking up royally, that ain't gonna happen.

Would be fucking glorious though.
:pochohshit:

Back
Top Bottom