Pre-Season in Aus

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really like the look of that grey UA training wear.

Anyone know where could get some?

Last edited:
No Bentaleb - sad.
Ok no NJie but surely NKuodou could got a ticket.
Pritch another gone.
It is a tough workplace, great if you are fantastic but for those not elite.

We got any Tottenham XI games going on while the rest are in Australia?
Surely the euro guys are not going just cos of the travelling.

Why are Walker Peters and Onomah going when they have literally just finished a european tournament then?

Maybe Bentaleb and Pritchard need to stay and work on their fitness after long term injuries and those two have gone to make up the numbers?
Whatever we better be quick then as we need to offload these two, along with Fazio, and get in replacements all ready in 3 weeks.
That is unless Poch thinks that CCV or Ball can step into Fazio's place and two academy players can take the place of the other two.

Also Poch did say last year that he is against pre season tours he'd do it post season and be in England with the team preparing for pre season.
Mauricio Pochettino: Tottenham won't cash in on pre-season tour
Now we are doing exactly the same as the teams he didn't want to copy by playing a tournament 2 weeks before the season kicks off.

Last edited:
Chadli going suggests he is not pushing to go. Why is Wimmer & Lamela going when both played International matches as late as the English guys?
Looks like Njie going to France. Bentaleb, Pritchard & Fazio are also presumably surplus to requirements.
Big question is how many of those Euro players will be match fit for 13th August. I think the likes of Trippier, Wanyama & Janssen will start the season as we cannot play all of last year's first 11 or they will run out of steam.

Chadli going suggests he is not pushing to go. Why is Wimmer & Lamela going when both played International matches as late as the English guys?
Looks like Njie going to France. Bentaleb, Pritchard & Fazio are also presumably surplus to requirements.
Big question is how many of those Euro players will be match fit for 13th August. I think the likes of Trippier, Wanyama & Janssen will start the season as we cannot play all of last year's first 11 or they will run out of steam.
If that is true and we can give Kane a rest with Janssen, Walker with Trippier and Dier with Wanyama we are still going to have to use most of the players who were at the euro's. Davies and Rose for LB , Alderweireld and Wimmer will have to play in central defence, who do we start instead of Ali and who plays alongside Wanyama?

So there is 5 players out of the starting 11 who have been at the euro's, with Lamela who has had a copa america and gone to Aus.
Lloris trippier Rose/Davies Alderweireld Wimmer Wanyama Mason Ali Eriksen Lamlea Janssen?

Sorry to all the Aussie yiddos, but i'm so glad you're only gonna get to see the youth squad / bench this summer.

Spurs travelled the most out of any team in pre-season last year (32,000 miles including those ridiculous "post" season games).

We've got 22,000+ miles to cover this season, and this after our squad played more minutes in the Euros than anyone else (3,544, over 900 more than any other team).

Poch will get a chance to see a lot of young / fringe players in action in what, let's face it, boils down to very little more than a commercial exercise.

not fussed at all mate. if it gets us an extra point or two by keeping the top boys fresh then i'm all for it. looking forward. spurs in my backyard.

If that is true and we can give Kane a rest with Janssen, Walker with Trippier and Dier with Wanyama we are still going to have to use most of the players who were at the euro's. Davies and Rose for LB , Alderweireld and Wimmer will have to play in central defence, who do we start instead of Ali and who plays alongside Wanyama?

So there is 5 players out of the starting 11 who have been at the euro's, with Lamela who has had a copa america and gone to Aus.
Lloris trippier Rose/Davies Alderweireld Wimmer Wanyama Mason Ali Eriksen Lamlea Janssen?
Yes we will need to play many of the players that were at the Euro's but 3 of them can be subbed. what I am saying is that we will need players that have had a full preseason to take the strain or we will run out of steam. Some players will have higher fitness levels than others by 13th and that may determine team selection.

Who is Will Miller? Not a name I've seen before for us.
Very tidy player. Plays central mid, heads up player. Reminds me a bit of Harry Winks (probably more athletic than Harry). Towards the end of last season I'd say he was one of our best players, easily the best player in the Ajax/Amsterdam tournament thingy but bizarrely player of the tournament was given to Edwards (who I thought didn't do very mush at all).

Sorry to all the Aussie yiddos, but i'm so glad you're only gonna get to see the youth squad / bench this summer.

Must admit it's a little sad not to see Kane, Alli, Dier and co.
But will be stoked to see Eriksen and Lamela.
Watching the kids will still be good.
And seeing Wanyama and Jannsen for the first time...:pocheyes: :freundgoal:

I'm not concerned too much about not having all of the main guys there,
Not like I'm going to stalk the team hotel to get autographs and stuff anyway lol
:levyeyes:
It's all a money grabbing PR exercise anyway, $80 AUD for the cheapest seat, ridiculous,
But then who am I to complain? I paid for it lol

Most of the crowd will be there for Juventus anyway on the Tuesday

Spurs travelled the most out of any team in pre-season last year (32,000 miles including those ridiculous "post" season games).

We've got 22,000+ miles to cover this season, and this after our squad played more minutes in the Euros than anyone else (3,544, over 900 more than any other team).

Poch will get a chance to see a lot of young / fringe players in action in what, let's face it, boils down to very little more than a commercial exercise.
A sentiment I agree with. Whilst I'm out of town on the Tuesday and unavoidably busy on the Friday I do feel for my compatriots who won't get to see the best of the best from the club I 100% understand and agree with the reasoning behind not bringing them along.

They need a rest and we're as far away as is possible.

You never know we could get lucky and find an A-league club to sell Fazio to ;)

Only got 3 CB's (CCV, Wimmer and Ball - who I'd hoped would do a Dier this year) and no natural left backs.

Hope Winks and Wanyama start in the midfield 2. Don't see any of the others having much of a future so may as well see if Winks is a viable 4th/5th choice.

Back
Top Bottom