Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've just watched both friendlies with the Potch in charge and I have to admit I love what I see. There is a bounce in our step and two touch (On average) football gets us on the front foot rather quickly. If this is a tired team coming back into their game with half the team youth players then I cannot wait to see what the first team does.

Hello all,
finally decided to stop lurking, and start posting. For the first time in a while feel genuinely positive about the season ahead. I've been impressed with Poch's influence on our play/organisation in just over 3 weeks and 2 friendlies, and I know we're waiting the world cup boys to return, but the rest look really happy with all facets of the new man's philosophy.
Perhaps what pleases me most is the way Poch has gone about sorting out our problem areas first (LB, GK cover), before strengthening (hopefully) key positions further up the pitch. I'm also looking forward Lamela & Soldado finally showing us what they're capable of.

Once again greetings to all, this is a fantastic Spurs forum.

Hello all,
finally decided to stop lurking, and start posting. For the first time in a while feel genuinely positive about the season ahead. I've been impressed with Poch's influence on our play/organisation in just over 3 weeks and 2 friendlies, and I know we're waiting the world cup boys to return, but the rest look really happy with all facets of the new man's philosophy.
Perhaps what pleases me most is the way Poch has gone about sorting out our problem areas first (LB, GK cover), before strengthening (hopefully) key positions further up the pitch. I'm also looking forward Lamela & Soldado finally showing us what they're capable of.

Once again greetings to all, this is a fantastic Spurs forum.
Shows us some tits.

I too have been happy with how we've looked under Poch. Love the high pressure system and working to get the ball back as quickly as possible.

I still think we are a little too stagnate in the attacking half. Would like to see more players making runs behind defenders. Right now I'm see way too many players wanting to be on or behind the ball.

Wouldn't personally read too much into this meaningless friendless - more concerned with individual player performance

Real show starts in 4 weeks time

I too have been happy with how we've looked under Poch. Love the high pressure system and working to get the ball back as quickly as possible.

I still think we are a little too stagnate in the attacking half. Would like to see more players making runs behind defenders. Right now I'm see way too many players wanting to be on or behind the ball.
It does seem a little narrow up top.

It does seem a little narrow up top.

Am I wrong in assuming that'd be the reason to switch Lennon and Erikson? With Lennon providing width and attempts to beat players on the left, and Walker doing his bit on the right...Last season I felt we spent most of our time with 20 players on the right and Rose just standing on the left wing waving at his mother.

Am I wrong in assuming that'd be the reason to switch Lennon and Erikson? With Lennon providing width and attempts to beat players on the left, and Walker doing his bit on the right...Last season I felt we spent most of our time with 20 players on the right and Rose just standing on the left wing waving at his mother.

Our left hand side was a complete abortion last year which cost us dearly. Hopefully we can find some balance this year

Our left hand side was a complete abortion last year which cost us dearly. Hopefully we can find some balance this year

Well with a left back who can defend and perhaps a left winger (Depay, Kony, Guizmann) it might end up being quite a strong side for us hopefully.

Well with a left back who can defend and perhaps a left winger (Depay, Kony, Guizmann) it might end up being quite a strong side for us hopefully.
guizman.
nawh
its quizman
Quiz_Thumbnail.jpg

Back
Top Bottom