Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm surprised by his english, other than alot of "errrrm ehhhh" it's actually rather good, and his interpretation is good too, rather than looking dumbfounded "can u repeat the question plz"

Also nice to see him acknowledge that it's a different club when asked about his style of play at Southampton so he won't necessarily just rip the same old formation/tactics from Southampton and actually try and cater it to our strengths! Or am I being too hopeful lol.

I'm surprised by his english, other than alot of "errrrm ehhhh" it's actually rather good, and his interpretation is good too, rather than looking dumbfounded "can u repeat the question plz"
This shows for me, like many have already hinted at, that his use of an interpreter was a way of avoiding difficult question. He won't have that luxury at Spurs, but it may already have done the trick as he seems well liked by the journos (famous last words!)

This shows for me, like many have already hinted at, that his use of an interpreter was a way of avoiding difficult question. He won't have that luxury at Spurs, but it may already have done the trick as he seems well liked by the journos (famous last words!)
He wasn't my first choice but far from my last either, I'm really starting to buy into the guy, he's come in, first problem he is trying to address is LB which is what all fans were screaming out for, and from the way he speaks in the conference that his main target is to bring some excitement back to the lane and give us a damned identity.

He wasn't my first choice but far from my last either, I'm really starting to buy into the guy, he's come in, first problem he is trying to address is LB which is what all fans were screaming out for, and from the way he speaks in the conference that his main target is to bring some excitement back to the lane and give us a damned identity.

Yes, after listening to that I'm feeling quite positive as well. No attention seeking remarks really, but calm and measured responses. I like.

Yes, after listening to that I'm feeling quite positive as well. No attention seeking remarks really, but calm and measured responses. I like.
Nice to see! As much as I liked AVB, it's nice to get away from his rigid persona, and well Sherwood the less said the better lol, excitement building for the new season, COYS! Lets smash those pikie scum!

Hot damn...Brad is one of the most professional athletes I have ever seen. I really hope he gets an opportunity to manage a top side one day.

EDIT: also, around the 12 minute mark Pooch gets asked a question in spanish...and its about individual players...can anyone make it out?

Last edited:

tbh I don't know why Tottenham don't just let him use the interpreter now too, they sit up there talking to each other laughing while mugging off the journos aka pack of cunts

I guess I am the only one who wishes he'd carry on using his translator in front of the media. He just about manages to communicate. When the poopoo hits the fan he may regret not being able to articulate a point properly. On the other hand, that may be a good thing... oh well. Kudos to him for trying.

Also nice to see him acknowledge that it's a different club when asked about his style of play at Southampton so he won't necessarily just rip the same old formation/tactics from Southampton and actually try and cater it to our strengths! Or am I being too hopeful lol.

Poor 'the system' Cahspur. He wasted his summer on 1000s of reasons why half the midfield wont fit the Southampton System.

:avbhumph:

This has probably been touched on already, but I hope he's given a realistic chance to get us playing successfully and attractively. I've really had enough of the merry-go-round that is our manager's chair. It may be that we have yet another season of rebuilding, but we just have to live with that and get on with it. I really don't think yet another manager after six months is the answer or an option!

This has probably been touched on already, but I hope he's given a realistic chance to get us playing successfully and attractively. I've really had enough of the merry-go-round that is our manager's chair. It may be that we have yet another season of rebuilding, but we just have to live with that and get on with it. I really don't think yet another manager after six months is the answer or an option!
"Agreed. Unless he's sheit!" - Forum:levystare:

Back
Top Bottom