Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Resurrection of the famous five coming up...
...unless the advice was never ever ever EVER pull a stunt like that again!!

...maybe he should just read these instead to brush up on his Eeeeen-gleeeesh!
FamousFive-series.jpg

(and antiquated casual '50s racism!)

Oh come on, are you telling me that you don't miss this??

harryRedknappCar_2697795b.jpg

There's only two coaches press talk that I miss because honestly, Arry could host his own TV show and I would watch. The Price is Right with Arry Redknapp? Yes Please.

I also enjoyed AVB's press conferences because he's just rambling about philosophy and everyone's saying what the hell is he going on about. I am still a huge AVB fan. Was sad to see him go. But he needs to learn better man management skills and until he does he's no good to us or any team. I hope one day he gets over that and finds his place. Think hes a fantastic tactician otherwise and super intelligent which seems to put off a lot of people. All though his ban on Ade was pretty ridiculous and in hindsight inexcusable.

All other coaching self promotion is annoying. Sherwood was one of the worst because he sounded like an Assistant Coach or someones dad in a kids league instead of the head coach of a pro team. Man I hated Sherwood. To get rid of a guy like AVB and then bring in a guy like Sherwood (who is not NEAR Harry Redknapps class of manager, Harry is super underrated even though I didn't always agree with his tactical choices) seemed absolutely absurd to me. Sherwood was one of the last guys I would of brought in had I known him. Frund would of been a better choice even.

I am very excited about Ponch. So far I like what I see. I like how he played he's teams in the past and his style of coaching (which I actually think is very similar to AVB, but with a much more congenial personality). And I think he will do a lot of the same stuff AVB did, but it will likely work better because he'll play his best hand and probably wont be stubborn about player choice.

It looks like we chose Poch over De Boer.. FDB wanted the job and would have said yes if offered the post..

Frank de Boer has revealed he came very close to taking over at Tottenham Hotspur before they opted to appointMauricio Pochettino.
The north London club named Pochettino as Tim Sherwood’s successor on a five-year deal earlier this summer, with De Boer among the other candidates linked with the White Hart Lane job.

I was really close to a move to Tottenham, but they chose Pochettino

Frank de Boer

And the 44-year-old Ajax manager says that he was on the verge of taking over at Spurs, before they chose the ex-Southampton boss as their next manager.

“I was really close to a move to Tottenham, but they chose Pochettino,” De Boer told AT5.

“It’s the same in a corporate company. Eventually the board will vote and they came out with [Mauricio] Pochettino. If they wanted me, I would probably have said yes.”
artbul2.png

ya, i honestly felt that de boer would've been a better option, but looks like that boat has sailed and it's sad that he actually wanted to join us and we rejected him

we'll probably come knocking on his door in a while and he'll reject us

There's only two coaches press talk that I miss because honestly, Arry could host his own TV show and I would watch. The Price is Right with Arry Redknapp? Yes Please.

I also enjoyed AVB's press conferences because he's just rambling about philosophy and everyone's saying what the hell is he going on about. I am still a huge AVB fan. Was sad to see him go. But he needs to learn better man management skills and until he does he's no good to us or any team. I hope one day he gets over that and finds his place. Think hes a fantastic tactician otherwise and super intelligent which seems to put off a lot of people. All though his ban on Ade was pretty ridiculous and in hindsight inexcusable.

All other coaching self promotion is annoying. Sherwood was one of the worst because he sounded like an Assistant Coach or someones dad in a kids league instead of the head coach of a pro team. Man I hated Sherwood. To get rid of a guy like AVB and then bring in a guy like Sherwood (who is not NEAR Harry Redknapps class of manager, Harry is super underrated even though I didn't always agree with his tactical choices) seemed absolutely absurd to me. Sherwood was one of the last guys I would of brought in had I known him. Frund would of been a better choice even.

I am very excited about Ponch. So far I like what I see. I like how he played he's teams in the past and his style of coaching (which I actually think is very similar to AVB, but with a much more congenial personality). And I think he will do a lot of the same stuff AVB did, but it will likely work better because he'll play his best hand and probably wont be stubborn about player choice.
I believe that Freund is still at the club for the exact same reason that he wasn't appointed interim boss.

Coming onto the forum just reminded me that I had a dream last night we played our first league game under Tino. We were fuckin dull as and drew 0-0 - fans were booing at the end. :pochfacepalm:

I can still see Tino's face...:walkercry:

Back
Top Bottom