Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Working from home today so had SSN on in the background.

Just now, for the first time, they report on this.
According to them we are in advanced talks and hope to announce in the next few days.
Pochettino is first choice.

Interview with Le Tissier - who is very disappointed. Says we are getting a progressive manager, plays the way our supporters would want. Doesnt say its done though, ratehr "If he goes...".

Working from home today so had SSN on in the background.

Just now, for the first time, they report on this.
According to them we are in advanced talks and hope to announce in the next few days.
Pochettino is first choice.

Interview with Le Tissier - who is very disappointed. Says we are getting a progressive manager, plays the way our supporters would want. Doesnt say its done though, ratehr "If he goes...".

We could do a lot worse than him. It's going to be interesting to see what he does in preseason if he's the one.

Because you don't rate de Boer, doesn't automatically make the other fella better.

I'm sorry I assumed you don't watch the Eredivise but that's just because a lot of people seem to have opinions on Ajax and De Boer specifically without seeing both in action. My mistake. And just to point out, I do rate De Boer. I actually want him ahead of Pochettino because 1) I think he's more of a longterm solution, and 2) the squad of players we have fit very well in with his ethos. What I'm saying is that I don't think there's that much of difference between him and Pochettino. They both have their pro's and con's.

The club has zero responsibility to keep the general public informed as to their inner dealings - what a bizarre premise. Has never happened before and doubt much will change.
what - you mean their customer base?
The people that pay them.

I see your point, zero responsibility - particularly before the corporate box sales for the new season.
What an idea that they should bother to give people confidence to buy.
sheesh

the squad of players we have fit very well in with his ethos.

Our players made an absolute pigs ear of AVB's tactics. We were ripped apart time and time again and looked like a joke in attack (relatively due to the cost/skill of our squad). I don't think we have a very good footballing IQ as a team to adhere to Dutch style of coaching (which is the best IMO).

Jan, Eriksen, Ade, Holtby etc will take to it like a duck to water, but we have so many other head down braindead players (bless em) it could be more of the same.

I see your point, zero responsibility - particularly before the corporate box sales for the new season.
sheesh
I like your sentiment Mick but demand exceeds supply and that is where Levy has it over us!

I'm sorry I assumed you don't watch the Eredivise but that's just because a lot of people seem to have opinions on Ajax and De Boer specifically without seeing both in action. My mistake. And just to point out, I do rate De Boer. I actually want him ahead of Pochettino because 1) I think he's more of a longterm solution, and 2) the squad of players we have fit very well in with his ethos. What I'm saying is that I don't think there's that much of difference between him and Pochettino. They both have their pro's and con's.
I admit to letting my heart rule my head on this. Perhaps It was FdB saying that he wanted the job that did it! Of course you are right to point out that they both have their pro's and con's.
I am pro FdB, but if it turns out to be Pochettino, as looks likely, then I'm fine with that too.

sheesh
Are you suggesting we should be providing running commentary on our ongoing transfer dealings, irrespective of how that might affect 'pricing' or lead to contractual infringements?

Last edited:
Was wondering when the first ITK would throw a time out there. Balls out. Laying it all on the line. Well played, TalkerTottenham. Well played.

Back
Top Bottom