Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And 85% of those posting have not been seen for a while.
I was not convinced but he is winning me round all the time.

This is the most exciting squad I've seen in the time I've followed spurs

But you're just a youngster!

Only one Billy Nic!
:bow:

But he's way up there with Burkinshaw, Venables etc

I love the work ethic and support for each other!

Getting stronger by the week!

I don't think Poch will have his head turned by other clubs yet, as he has a project going a Spurs and he's getting the support and love back from the fans, players and board which would be hard to get at some of the other big clubs.

I wouldn't be surprised if clubs like Chelsea, United and City began to take notice, especially with the Home Grown rules taking place and the system Poch players is very attractable. Even clubs like Bayern and Barca who like to use the youth academy as often as possible.

But I believe he is making us a very attractable club to be part of. At the moment, I wouldn't want anyone else in charge and couldn't think of many players I'd want in the starting XI who could improve it with the system we play.
Attractable?

After this evening's performance ...well from being less than convinced(last season!)...from there to being frustrated about the rigidity of the system...
now we've arrived at a point where, Alli for example, has been given the freedom to disrupt in the attacking third & Toby tonight was allowed to move into the attacking third (a lot)...
and this against a team who's record in European football deserves respect, especially at home...well I think we're getting there!

I don't think Poch will have his head turned by other clubs yet, as he has a project going a Spurs and he's getting the support and love back from the fans, players and board which would be hard to get at some of the other big clubs.

I wouldn't be surprised if clubs like Chelsea, United and City began to take notice, especially with the Home Grown rules taking place and the system Poch players is very attractable. Even clubs like Bayern and Barca who like to use the youth academy as often as possible.

But I believe he is making us a very attractable club to be part of. At the moment, I wouldn't want anyone else in charge and couldn't think of many players I'd want in the starting XI who could improve it with the system we play.

Some won't like this, but IMO it's the team that is stellar. I think we have an amazing team.

I think Poch is just a decent manager. With the players at our disposal and the way other teams have been failing, I think Poch has done almost a bare minimum.

I never knee jerk after 2 months of great results. We were 3rd under AVB this time of the year and almost the opposite was true.

I though the team was average and the manager was below average. I thought we were lucky to be third and slowly Defoe, Hudd, Lennon etc had form issues.

IMO our players are studs. I've never seen such a solid unit in all my decades supporting Spurs. They are not capable of that form drop, but I think if anyone does drop the ball it's going to be Poch.

He can mess us up by either putting out slow teams or compound weak players with oddball selections/instructions.

It takes a LOT for me to change my mind about a manager but I still think tactically he's not very good in some aspects and he's still green.

His strength lies in he's a no nonsense hard worker, defensively he's great for us but the rest of the game he's doing ok.

I'm not doing cartwheels about Poch yet. I feel with this team of phenoms, the run we had is good solid management.

So the team we are left with is amazing, Poch had a large hand in that so he should get applause like this thread.

Before people freak out, he is the right man for the job. Perfect for my main issue of soft entitled party boys we used to have. He's given me 80% of everything I wanted. I've said in the past that I back him despite his potential shortcomings. Let's get that out of the way. I like to look at the cracks (oh er) not just the obvious defense and fitness.

He cleared out the tiny dancers, he cleared out the drunk spice boys. My main issues for a decade.

Though I would not get too carried away with talk about Real Madrid coming in for him. He's not a cerebral mastermind. He's punching IMO slightly above his weight at Spurs, let alone Real when you take his CV into account.

He mentioned he wants to manage at one of the big clubs, but IMO we are already more than enough for his level.

If anything, he has to prove that he's the real thing because last season he dropped the ball in 3 competitions when IT REALLY MATTERED. When the pressure was really on and we needed a genuine tactical genius he failed us.

To be fair, he did not have that much time as they were not his team.

I have yet to be 100% convinced that Poch isn't just being lucky in this run. Injuries and suspensions dictated many of his lineups.

Would Alli even be playing if Eriksen didn't get injured? Would Dier be on the bench if we got MS. Would the team be moulded around Dembele and Alli if Chadli and Lee not been injured and Lamela etc suspended and Bentaleb injured?

I'm very stubborn. I said a while back that I back Poch. Esp the fitness aspect which probably won us the game today again.

There are more than one way to skin a cat. Not all managers have everything. I think our players do have everything.

What I'm trying to say is the TEAM is better than last season. I think our players could get in the top teams in a few years time (some sooner) , but I'm not convinced Poch can.

I'm going to call it the Les Ferdinand curve.

Some won't like this, but IMO it's the team that is stellar. I think we have an amazing team.

I think Poch is just a decent manager. With the players at our disposal and the way other teams have been failing, I think Poch has done almost a bare minimum.

I never knee jerk after 2 months of great results. We were 3rd under AVB this time of the year and almost the opposite was true.

I though the team was average and the manager was below average. I thought we were lucky to be third and slowly Defoe, Hudd, Lennon etc had form issues.

IMO our players are studs. I've never seen such a solid unit in all my decades supporting Spurs. They are not capable of that form drop, but I think if anyone does drop the ball it's going to be Poch.

He can mess us up by either putting out slow teams or compound weak players with oddball selections/instructions.

It takes a LOT for me to change my mind about a manager but I still think tactically he's not very good in some aspects and he's still green.

His strength lies in he's a no nonsense hard worker, defensively he's great for us but the rest of the game he's doing ok.

I'm not doing cartwheels about Poch yet. I feel with this team of phenoms, the run we had is good solid management.

So the team we are left with is amazing, Poch had a large hand in that so he should get applause like this thread.

Before people freak out, he is the right man for the job. Perfect for my main issue of soft entitled party boys we used to have. He's given me 80% of everything I wanted. I've said in the past that I back him despite his potential shortcomings. Let's get that out of the way. I like to look at the cracks (oh er) not just the obvious defense and fitness.

He cleared out the tiny dancers, he cleared out the drunk spice boys. My main issues for a decade.

Though I would not get too carried away with talk about Real Madrid coming in for him. He's not a cerebral mastermind. He's punching IMO slightly above his weight at Spurs, let alone Real when you take his CV into account.

He mentioned he wants to manage at one of the big clubs, but IMO we are already more than enough for his level.

If anything, he has to prove that he's the real thing because last season he dropped the ball in 3 competitions when IT REALLY MATTERED. When the pressure was really on and we needed a genuine tactical genius he failed us.

I have yet to be 100% convinced that Poch isn't just being lucky in this run. Injuries and suspensions dictated many of his lineups.

Would Alli even be playing if Eriksen didn't get injured? Would Dier be on the bench if we got MS. Would the team be moulded around Dembele and Alli if Chadli and Lee not been injured and Lamela etc suspended and Bentaleb injured?

I'm very stubborn. I said a while back that I back Poch. Esp the fitness aspect which probably won us the game today again.

There are more than one way to skin a cat. Not all managers have everything. I think our players do have everything.

What I'm trying to say is the TEAM is better than last season. I think our players could get in the top teams in a few years time (some sooner) , but I'm not convinced Poch can.

Sorry but this is your most retarded post to date, I'm 99% sure ur just looking to start an argument with people - how the fuck 12 games unbeaten becomes lucky and nothing to do with the manager is beyond me???

Ffs gibbs all u do is ignore any rational questions that are asked of u and start up more ridiculous crap, really why do u do it?

Last edited:
Sorry but this is your most retarded post to date, I'm 99% sure ur just looking to start an argument with people - how the fuck 12 games unbeaten becomes lucky and nothing to do with the manager is beyond me???

I'm only saying things I've already said. This is me being consistent.

I don't think Poch is ready for Real Madrid. He has his hands full with our own squad.

Shut up gibbsy
the-walking-dead-ko.gif

Right, bollocks. Has it crossed your tiny mind that it is the very man you're criticising who has got us playing like this? Who has got the players dying to play for him? To believe in him and each other? Your continued criticism is so asinine, so arrogant, so utterly mental....

You, an armchair critic who has never even played a game of football, pontificating from on high like the jabba the hutt of park football punditry. Educating us mere mortals with a constant diet of 9 at the back and Eriksen standing on the halfway line, fatty food for fat headed people with a sickening dose of saccharin sweet, ersatz player love. You need to take your head out of your arse gibbins - jeez even my Mum said 'Mauricio has got your lot playing', but then again she grasped the fundamentals of football a while back.

I'm sorry, but a life ban would be too lenient.

Back
Top Bottom