Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch seems the overwhelmingly obvious choice to me at least to succeed him
Surely you're forgetting the clear choice for the England job...

Newcastle-v-Clug-Brugge-Alan-Pardew_2850742.jpg

I dont think Poch is anywhere near a big enough name for Madrid or Barca but I think he's the natural choice for the England managers job , the only thing against him is he is not english and he doesn't have a great command of the english language but he manages English players very well and there isn't an english manager that should even be considered for the job , In my opinion what ever happens in France Hodgson wont be taking us to Russia and when the search begins Poch seems the overwhelmingly obvious choice to me at least to succeed him, hopefully out of allegiance to his mother land he wont be interested.

The good thing, as we have seen repeatedly, is that the FA always do the opposite of what is obvious and sensible.
Also, it is quite possible, I would imagine, that Mourinho would be offered it should he be sacked by Chelsea. Important we smash them this weekend.

Poch is a terrible choice for England. It took him a year to develop and bring in players for our team. He can't do that for England. They'll never learn the system with only a week or so of training together at a time.
He's already trained half the England squad though. That's one of the things that would make him so appealing to the FA.

Just when you think, you cannot hold him in higher esteem

"Spurs are one of the world's most attractive clubs for ALL players" says Poch

Surely, this is either a heads up to Levy of you need to support me in the transfer market, or better still an indication that Levy has already promised to do so (but they're - Poch and Mitchell - painfully aware of spending right). Either way he doesn't sound like someone on his way out the door any time soon...
Very interesting he talks about the title and says it's not just about developing players, and his references to big players. Not older players, but big players. I guess he feels, as I do, that with the right big player joining we could really Challenge for things. Wonder who he has in mind?

Just had a scour over the early season discussions in this thread.

Quite amusing, and terrifying how little faith some had in Poch.

I've only ever been truly displeased with him once, Scum in the cup. If, as a Spurs manager you've only managed to piss me off once, you are truly class.
image.png

Long live Poch.

P.s. we've also got the best looking manager in the league. Which is worth an extra point.

What do you mean? I might have got this wrong, but no one is saying 'l told you so'. Just glad it's working out without the bitching.

Yeah you got it wrong, purely an assumption as I'm sure he's had his critics on this thread, that's only normal. Personally I've never quite known a manager at Spurs to have such a strong belief in his system and a mentality of playing the game. It's very re-assuring.

When do we start to worry about another team taking him...

But what about Timmy and his win ratio......

Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

I don't think Poch will have his head turned by other clubs yet, as he has a project going a Spurs and he's getting the support and love back from the fans, players and board which would be hard to get at some of the other big clubs.

I wouldn't be surprised if clubs like Chelsea, United and City began to take notice, especially with the Home Grown rules taking place and the system Poch players is very attractable. Even clubs like Bayern and Barca who like to use the youth academy as often as possible.

But I believe he is making us a very attractable club to be part of. At the moment, I wouldn't want anyone else in charge and couldn't think of many players I'd want in the starting XI who could improve it with the system we play.

Back
Top Bottom