Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really starting to question Pochettino. Take Soldado as an example. Villarreal are playing 4-4-2 and he now has 2 goals and two assists in two games. It's obvious that 4-2-3-1 does not fucking work. We get put under shit tons of pressure by teams like Stoke and Leicester and are now sitting on 2 points out of a possible 9.

If we lose against Everton today then he has got to change his system. We still only have one striker in Kane. Son is a left winger and N'Jie plays on the right. When are Levy and Pochettino going to stop cutting corners and start buying the right tools for the job. We're still short a defensive midfielder and a striker; we've only got 2 and a half days until the transfer window slams shut and we are completely unprepared (oh, and we still have Adebayor on our wage bill).

Fucking shambles.
Soldado scored two goals because in La Liga is easier to score than in Premier League, that's all. He wouldn't have cut it even if Poch was playing him in a 4-4-2.

We may have fell short of supporters expectations, whatever they were, Im confused? We finished a good 5th. This season we need to push on and hopefully we will. Poch should be judged at the end of this season and only then should we change.

Really starting to question Pochettino. Take Soldado as an example. Villarreal are playing 4-4-2 and he now has 2 goals and two assists in two games. It's obvious that 4-2-3-1 does not fucking work. We get put under shit tons of pressure by teams like Stoke and Leicester and are now sitting on 2 points out of a possible 9.

If we lose against Everton today then he has got to change his system. We still only have one striker in Kane. Son is a left winger and N'Jie plays on the right. When are Levy and Pochettino going to stop cutting corners and start buying the right tools for the job. We're still short a defensive midfielder and a striker; we've only got 2 and a half days until the transfer window slams shut and we are completely unprepared (oh, and we still have Adebayor on our wage bill).

Fucking shambles.

I agree with the second paragraph, but Poch did switch to 442 a couple times and its not his fault that Soldado was garbage. I thought he should have played Kane furthest forward instead of Soldado, but like I said, Soldado was just shit in the PL.

Fucking 442 :pochfacepalm:

Do people forget the games we played 442 in previous seasons and the midfield got outnumbered and overpowered? In the games it did work you could argue it was a 4411 going forward, 451 defending as VdV was heavily involved in the midfield.
Who has it worked for recently? Two out and out strikers is retarded in this day and age unless you got super quality players in midfield, or are chasing a game and it's your last move. Silva, Toure, Nasri etc got away with being in a 4 man midfield because 2 of them are worldclass with exceptional movement, passing and awareness. Even now City play 1 up top.

We won't magically see more chances and possession in the final third just cos an extra CF is on the pitch. We'll see less possession cos the midfield are chasing shadows and a backline with even less protection than now.

Do you literally expect Poch to completely drop the system he's adapted into his footballing philosophy?

4231 works fine for many teams all over europe and in the prem.

btw sammyspurs sammyspurs I started writing this before your post, coincidental. I've quite liked you today :townhmm:

====================

I'm just looking back on the original thread, and bet the author feels like a right plonker.

Arguably one of worst managers of all times, and I include, Ramos, AVB and Santini. LOL
I would like to shower you with abuse, but don't feel you're worth the Sin Bin votes.

He's a good coach, with a good idea. The idea has been working, we've just had horrible luck. When Son and N'Jie are starting and Eriksen's back everything will get a lot easier to notice and hopefully our luck will turn.

If this fucking Moron is given 3 years to fashion a team in his image we will have a team that is confusing, slow to adapt, hard to understand, stubborn & way way short of the top level. Seems like he's got a team in his own image to me already, bravo that man ahead of schedule !!

^^^^^^^^^^

My opinion. Based on my perception of evidence over 18 months....I could be wrong :) it could all equally come good

Last edited:
If this fucking Moron is given 3 years to fashion a team in his image we will have a team that is confusing, slow to adapt, hard to understand, stubborn & way way short of the top level. Seems like he's got a team in his own image to me already, bravo that man ahead of schedule !!
Have you tried constructive critisism? Name a potential solution instead of "U STUPID, BLAY GUD FUTBAL IDIET U SO STOPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Have you tried constructive critisism? Name a potential solution instead of "U STUPID, BLAY GUD FUTBAL IDIET U SO STOPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
360_borat_lebanon0109.jpg

I think Poch put out a winning team today. It's not clicking yet but we have such a young team, if we stick with it along with new signings they will gel.

I'm upbeat. Sometimes the ball does not drop for us. But we have dominated every team for long periods so the positives are there.

The biggest being seeing our kids destroy bitches. We are no longer a pushover.

Fucking shambles.

Didn't Poch say just this week that that is exactly what they are trying to do?

He has his system and it clearly can work.

For what it's worth i don't think Poch has done much wrong this season and has been handicapped by the lack of striker options on the bench. Maybe he should have integrated Ade into the squad until we bring a striker in...that's actually one thing he probably should have done.

Performance wise we've been v.good. not since the 11/12 season did i enjoy us creating as many clear cut chances as we have done so far this season. He's also implemented a system that stops the opposition doing anything through the middle thus we're not being put under pressure through the middle (we are on the wings though). We need to cut out the individual mistakes which we seem to be doing on a regular basis but i like what i've seen so far.

For what it's worth i don't think Poch has done much wrong this season and has been handicapped by the lack of striker options on the bench. Maybe he should have integrated Ade into the squad until we bring a striker in...that's actually one thing he probably should have done.

Performance wise we've been v.good. not since the 11/12 season did i enjoy us creating as many clear cut chances as we have done so far this season. He's also implemented a system that stops the opposition doing anything through the middle thus we're not being put under pressure through the middle (we are on the wings though). We need to cut out the individual mistakes which we seem to be doing on a regular basis but i like what i've seen so far.
Blimey your a happy bunny.
Love to be on your magic carpet .

We should believe him. At least 3 years. Make a team, It is not to be done in a day.
Look Swans, they hold their style even if manager gonna kicked out. So now they flow up to the league with Gary Monk who played in the ground just before 2 years. It's not because he is second Ferguson!
Poch's football is just starting now. We must trust him.
monks done a lot better for swansea than poch has for us so far.

just shows how we all see the same thing differently.
id never have said so far this season our performances have been very good.
high praise indeed king dawson.

just shows how we all see the same thing differently.
id never have said so far this season our performances have been very good.
high praise indeed king dawson.
I actually don't see how you can see things any other way but i understand that results will cloud some peoples judgment.

1) Against United we created 3 clear cut chances whilst they had zero. In fact, did they create anything bar the goal that came from a mistake? we bossed most of that game.

2) Against stoke we peppered their goal and should have been 3 or 4 up. yes they got into the game midway through the second half but they didn't look like scoring until we gave them a bullshit pen.

3) Against leicester i think it was an even game but as the away team we again limited them to nothing. We then take the lead and due to stupid defending we fuck up.

4) Yesterday we created 3 clear cut chances and Everton created diddly squat.

We could easily have picked up 9 to 12 points had we had luck on our side (and a striker option on the bench). Compare this to the utter dross avb served up where we couldn't create a clear cut chance in about 10 games. it's like night and day (except AVB had luck and bad refereeing decisions going our way).

I actually don't see how you can see things any other way but i understand that results will cloud some peoples judgment.

1) Against United we created 3 clear cut chances whilst they had zero. In fact, did they create anything bar the goal that came from a mistake? we bossed most of that game.

2) Against stoke we peppered their goal and should have been 3 or 4 up. yes they got into the game midway through the second half but they didn't look like scoring until we gave them a bullshit pen.

3) Against leicester i think it was an even game but as the away team we again limited them to nothing. We then take the lead and due to stupid defending we fuck up.

4) Yesterday we created 3 clear cut chances and Everton created diddly squat.

We could easily have picked up 9 to 12 points had we had luck on our side (and a striker option on the bench). Compare this to the utter dross avb served up where we couldn't create a clear cut chance in about 10 games. it's like night and day (except AVB had luck and bad refereeing decisions going our way).
i wouldnt bring luck in to it. diouf missed 2 easy chances so u could say we could have lost.
leicester hit the post & morgan headed straight at lloris at the end. so we could have lost that too.
oh & they should have had a pen as well.

& kone should gave really scored that header.

some of u seem to be giving too much weight to the part luck plays.
& u seem to be just including bad luck. u are blocking out all the good luck.

in fact, a lot of the bad luck is actually just bad finishing.
which also comes from not having enough good finishers in the team. which actually boils down to not buying them & being left with 1 striker.

if u have only 1 striker & miss a lot of chances then this is what ud expect.

ease up on the sooo unlucky spurs spursy speel.
luck does play a factor but we have some good & some bad.
& most of the luck we have claimed as bad, is actually just poor finishing.

comparing it to avb is silly.
id expect most managers to give us more entertaining football. if u are going to do that then i can just compare it to harry. which was obviously way more entertaining.

Yesterday I think Poch was onto something.
The other three games, he got it wrong.

Terrible that now Dembele is out too, as it only fucks our midfield even more.

Its also Pochs decision to not use one of our strikers, so cant blame options up front.

luck. u are blocking out all the good luck.

in fact, a lot of the bad luck is actually just bad finishing.
which also comes from not having enough good finishers in the team. which actually boils down to not buying them & being left with 1 striker.

if u have only 1 striker & miss a lot of chances then this is what ud expect.

ease up on the sooo unlucky spurs spursy speel.
luck does play a factor but we have gad some good & some bad.
& most of the luck we have claimed as bad, is actually just poor finishing.

comparing it to avb is silly.
id expect most managers to give us more entertaining football. if u are going to do that then i can just compare it to harry. which was obviously way more entertaining.
Nah you're missing my point (which is my fault for maybe not articulating).
There are two issues i've seen this season. Ok our finishing has been bad but the players that are missing these chances are not generally bad finishers (well except Mason).

Issue number 1 is that we have to cut out the bullshit individual errors. Errors that we do not need to be making but we shoot ourselves in the foot and then our head drops. Even yesterday Walker makes a stupid error that could have cost us YET AGAIN. We need to cut that shit out.

Another issue i see (that hasn't been mentioned) is that our CB's keep letting the runner get infront of them and get the header in. It's quite alarming how many times this has happened but it needs to stop. Even yesterday Kone got his chance by the same damn thing...opposition cross ball from their left and runner gets infront of our cb's.

Back
Top Bottom