Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Three games in and the vultures are circling, and the worst thing is that (as usual) they are wearing our own colours.

If only there was a place, an online document or record of opinions say, where we as fans could look back and reflect on our previous conduct and behaviour and the bearing it had on the football club long term when those fans got what they asked for.

Three games in and the vultures are circling, and the worst thing is that (as usual) they are wearing our own colours.

If only there was a place, an online document or record of opinions say, where we as fans could look back and reflect on our previous conduct and behaviour and the bearing it had on the football club long term when those fans got what they asked for.

I haven't seen a single Poch out post. Maybe it's in your mind?

If only there was a way of looking back in time at past behaviour of our dear leader and extrapolating some information that could show us the future?

I haven't seen a single Poch out post. Maybe it's in your mind?

If only there was a way of looking back in time at past behaviour of our dear leader and extrapolating some information that could show us the future?

More from what i heard walking out the ground.

The signs are all there:

We're lucky to have 2 points!

This is the most disappointing start to a season I can remember!

We're shit alright!

More from what i heard walking out the ground.

The signs are all there:

People are more sick of the rinse repeat rinse repeat saga from Levy.

He knows there will be massive uproar if, Poch fails. It's a very tricky time for this cunt. If we carry on playing utter dirge and drop down to 9th or 10th which would be an achievement with the current squad then he risks even more when we play away for a whole season. Moving into a new stadium with a shit team taking on the mantra of most boring team in the pl. It's hardly going to be the second coming. and all because he wanted to save a few bob in August 2015.

This could turn out to be a more important window than the Redknapp Jan one where he fucked up again.

FWIW, I think we simply have to stick with Poch. I think stability will breed success on the pitch. It's no fucking use hitting the panic button every time we hit a rocky patch. Everyone knows Levy's track record. Maybe the manager is trying to play conservative football to grind out results (with the players we have got ) so he isn't the next manager on Levy's chopping block? It may not be the most attractive football at the moment but for a couple of individual errors we may have been sitting much prettier than we are, with a couple of signings to come in. I would prefer more swashbuckling football. I think we all would. But we haven't been as bad as some seem to think. & keeping your job with Levy's record is a fine balancing act. We get jerky about 3-4 games & Poch gets the bullet, see where that leaves us- a laughing stock again. We need to be ready for the long haul here. Fergie was reportedly one game away from the bullet, but the board & fans reaped the rewards of patience with him. Poch would be a great manager if he had a fraction of the success of that whisky nosed bulldog. There have been signs of what this team can do to top class opposition. Let's not give levy any reason to repeat history with managers.

There's very few anti Poch comments on here or that I've heard talking to fellow Spurs. Most of it is " Why the fuck does levy do this?" Although , of course, the manager has to take some accountability for on the pitch performances But most mumblings I hear is firmly directed at levy's transfer policy that has been going on for years, the difference is that more are seeing it these days

FWIW, I think we simply have to stick with Poch. I think stability will breed success on the pitch. It's no fucking use hitting the panic button every time we hit a rocky patch. Everyone knows Levy's track record. Maybe the manager is trying to play conservative football to grind out results (with the players we have got ) so he isn't the next manager on Levy's chopping block? It may not be the most attractive football at the moment but for a couple of individual errors we may have been sitting much prettier than we are, with a couple of signings to come in. I would prefer more swashbuckling football. I think we all would. But we haven't been as bad as some seem to think. & keeping your job with Levy's record is a fine balancing act. We get jerky about 3-4 games & Poch gets the bullet, see where that leaves us- a laughing stock again. We need to be ready for the long haul here. Fergie was reportedly one game away from the bullet, but the board & fans reaped the rewards of patience with him. Poch would be a great manager if he had a fraction of the success of that whisky nosed bulldog. There have been signs of what this team can do to top class opposition. Let's not give levy any reason to repeat history with managers.

To be fair I think most fans are sensible and know exactly where the fuck ups are, our transfer policy, not to mention our pre season schedule, that's Levys responsibility in the main.

If we lost a few and Poch got sacked I really think this time people would turn on our chairman rather than just blame the manager.

Particularly as we have appointed a manager who works at developing players which takes time, he is a long term type appointment. If Poch goes then we would be better just appointing man managers and pragmatists like Redknapp and Sherwood who will generally work with what they have got and are flexible.

Mostly, when I have watched us play under Poch I have been unimpressed. There have been a few pockets of very good bits, but some really utterly shit stuff in abundance. Last season I actually could have had a sleep in the first half v Hull !

I have been no more impressed this season so far & after a full pre season I am not sure that should be the case.

What I am still seeing are tactics that are consistent with last season that are inflexible and not akin to exciting football.

From the players There is body language constantly displayed that suggests tiredness / disinterest - that is very concerning. There is a lack of "joy" to our overall play.

I think Poch has more questions than answers at the moment. But, and this is the big BUT, from Chairman down something's fishy & therefore Poch is getting away with it ( a bit )

Klopp will not come to Tottenham, don't do it to yourselves.

The football we're playing is atrocious, and it was atrocious for the majority of last season. Late goals from Eriksen and Kane's purple patch papered over the cracks. We still play AVB football. Doing a 200 mile round trip to watch that turgid football is not conducive to strong backing for the head coach, who is in charge of footballing matters.

Jesus.... and there was me waking up this morning with some positivity about today... stuff that, back to the negative...
we're DOOOOOOMED! serious relegation fears... Pochettino out, AVB out, Harry out... twist-and-shOUT! !

This is the worry for me & it has Levy's trademark written all over it.
Poor start to the season in terms of points on the board. Late activity in the transfer window. Manager struggling to integrate late signings into squad, due to lack of time on the training pitch. Levy, expecting miracles, sees that the fans are restless & that things are not going to "plan". Manager gets the sack. All the money we have saved by leaving the transfers late is squandered on the compensation deal to release the outgoing manager & the compensation package to the club of the incoming manager. If we add up what we have saved by driving the hard bargains in the transfer window & deduct what it has cost us in managers (either getting them in or getting rid of them) I wonder if there has been any true savings at all? What it does do, is leave us in a state of permanent transition. I'm not sure why that would appeal to Levy, but this has an all too familiar ring to it.
I dont see why leaving the transfers until late saves money. Teams see we are getting desperate and amp the price up - just like Levy does with our assets.
See WBA for details
But I agree, the repetitive policy of sacking managers simply prevents long term progress.

Jesus.... and there was me waking up this morning with some positivity about today... stuff that, back to the negative...
we're DOOOOOOMED! serious relegation fears... Pochettino out, AVB out, Harry out... twist-and-shOUT! !
ah yes, and don't forget that the manager once had a poor start to the season 7 years ago with a team in the Patagonian 3rd division, so there are clear signs that we will be in the conference next season

This is the trouble with having an iffy start, everything gets distorted out of all proportion. If we had this run of results in the middle of the season, no-one would bat an eyelid. As I've mentioned before, we really need an old head out there, just to stabilise things, and cut out the schoolboy errors. Changing managers ad nauseum is not the solution! How many times does it need to happen before the penny finally drops with the board and the doubting supporters that this not the way to go?

If Pochettino becomes available after all this falling out in Southhampton we should make a move for him...it would be the fastest way to regain the "vision" the club lost when it fired AVB. His side plays plenty of attractive football and is a manager that we can build bigger and better things around.

I want this to happen. #endtheexodus #Holtby #Capoue
====================

I'm just looking back on the original thread, and bet the author feels like a right plonker.

Arguably one of worst managers of all times, and I include, Ramos, AVB and Santini. LOL

Really starting to question Pochettino. Take Soldado as an example. Villarreal are playing 4-4-2 and he now has 2 goals and two assists in two games. It's obvious that 4-2-3-1 does not fucking work. We get put under shit tons of pressure by teams like Stoke and Leicester and are now sitting on 2 points out of a possible 9.

If we lose against Everton today then he has got to change his system. We still only have one striker in Kane. Son is a left winger and N'Jie plays on the right. When are Levy and Pochettino going to stop cutting corners and start buying the right tools for the job. We're still short a defensive midfielder and a striker; we've only got 2 and a half days until the transfer window slams shut and we are completely unprepared (oh, and we still have Adebayor on our wage bill).

Fucking shambles.

We should believe him. At least 3 years. Make a team, It is not to be done in a day.
Look Swans, they hold their style even if manager gonna kicked out. So now they flow up to the league with Gary Monk who played in the ground just before 2 years. It's not because he is second Ferguson!
Poch's football is just starting now. We must trust him.

Back
Top Bottom