Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I like Poch and I think with backing we will get somewhere. Cant help but feel that we should have just backed AVB and stuck with him though. Happy we have Poch, just would have preferred a lack of upheaval.

I like Poch and I think with backing we will get somewhere. Cant help but feel that we should have just backed AVB and stuck with him though. Happy we have Poch, just would have preferred a lack of upheaval.
I think Levy would've as well, but I think AVB quit as much as was sacked.

Regardless, the club seems to be reorganizing around Pochettino, with a lot of long-term elements falling into place. It's early days yet, but these are some good signs.

I think Levy would've as well, but I think AVB quit as much as was sacked.

Regardless, the club seems to be reorganizing around Pochettino, with a lot of long-term elements falling into place. It's early days yet, but these are some good signs.

Yeah that's probably fairly accurate actually. Still, if we'd backed him before then would he have felt that way?

Thats rhetorical by the way, we dont need another AVB debate. Sorry to bring it up.

C'mon the Poch.

I think all this talk about Mitchell is proof that he is getting behind Poch. Although (dont mean to be negative) it could be bad for Poch if he doesnt work out as he has apparently bugged Levy to sign him.

To be the devil's advocate here ...

Those that are saying that Mitchell to Spurs signals some sort of backing for Poch .... well to that I say ... Many of us said something similar when Baldini got hired (as in, we thought AVB would be well backed and what not).

This is Levy and ENIC here, fellas.

To be the devil's advocate here ...

Those that are saying that Mitchell to Spurs signals some sort of backing for Poch .... well to that I say ... Many of us said something similar when Baldini got hired (as in, we thought AVB would be well backed and what not).

This is Levy and ENIC here, fellas.

That was his 2nd year though. But good point.

Won't matter a shit who the Coach / Manager is, the current squad are not good enough to get a top 6 place. Ever

Although, it will matter a lot if Ponch does not sort out his tactics & motivational skills as he is more than capable of a bottom 6 position ! That's the real danger with this on going "mistake" and it is a mistake

Seems we have Week after week of "bouncing back" after every sham performance under a coach who, with respect, can't speak fucking English !!!!

Stupid appointment from the minute it was made. As for this magic "black box" crap that will save the day.......May I state Dani Osvaldo ?

Last edited:
Won't matter a shit who the Coach / Manager is, the current squad are not good enough to get a top 6 place. Ever

Although, it will matter a lot if Ponch does not sort out his tactics & motivational skills as he is more than capable of a bottom 6 position ! That's the real danger with this on going "mistake" and it is a mistake

Seems we have Week after week of "bouncing back" after every sham performance under a coach who, with respect, can't speak fucking English !!!!

Stupid appointment from the minute it was made. As for this magic "black box" crap that will save the day.......May I state Dani Osvaldo ?
Oh please. Borderline xenophobia. Plenty of rational criticisms could be made of a coach, but being a non-native English speaker really isn't one of the strongest.

But Harry Redknapp, another non-English speaker did so well!

Harry did better than any other Spurs manager in Premier League history, he was triffic'

I watched Ponch's interview on Sky Sports earlier . Fucking embarrassing I felt. "positive result" said time & time again, I feel for him a little though to be fair. It simply can't be easy to deal with such pressure, Hull away. That's scarey stuff indeed.

However, he was quick to point out he is NOT a Manager he is head coach.

That raises an interesting to consider. Do professional players need coaching or do they need managing ?

Last edited:
Harry did better than any other Spurs manager in Premier League history, he was triffic'

I watched Ponch's interview on Sky Sports earlier . Fucking embarrassing I felt. "positive result" said time & time again, I feel for him a little though to be fair. It simply can't be easy to deal with such pressure, Hull away. That's scarey stuff indeed.

However, he was quick to point out he is NOT a Manager he is head coach.

That raises an interesting to consider. Do professional players need coaching or do they need managing ?
If you listened so closely perhaps you noticed that he frequently deliberately ignores the questions asked. The press are scum, and giving them as little as possible is a sound strategy, if you can't avoid them entirely.

But Harry Redknapp, another non-English speaker did so well!
C'mon, you're being incredibly unfair towards Pochettino for not being a native speaker. He can speak English, quite fluently in fact. Of course he's not to a native level of proficiency, but comparing him to Ramos who would notoriously respond "Que?" is extremely cynical on your part.

Highlight reels could easily be made of Mourinho or Wenger butchering English or sounding awkward in their pronunciations, not to mention a great many other foreign managers that have achieved a great deal in the premier league.

I really don't think that there's any question of his ability to articulate basic points. The problems that we've had have gone on long enough I think for most of us to view with skepticism the pretense that there has been something fundamentally wrong with our recent managers at Spurs. For that matter, I really don't think that Pochettino has yet had a sufficient run in order to impose any sort of style or tactics into the squad for anybody to damn him for the lack of attacking intent or authority, etc.

I just think that you're very far out of line.

C'mon, you're being incredibly unfair towards Pochettino for not being a native speaker. He can speak English, quite fluently in fact. Of course he's not to a native level of proficiency, but comparing him to Ramos who would notoriously respond "Que?" is extremely cynical on your part.

Highlight reels could easily be made of Mourinho or Wenger butchering English or sounding awkward in their pronunciations, not to mention a great many other foreign managers that have achieved a great deal in the premier league.

I really don't think that there's any question of his ability to articulate basic points. The problems that we've had have gone on long enough I think for most of us to view with skepticism the pretense that there has been something fundamentally wrong with our recent managers at Spurs. For that matter, I really don't think that Pochettino has yet had a sufficient run in order to impose any sort of style or tactics into the squad for anybody to damn him for the lack of attacking intent or authority, etc.

The board were keen that he spoke in English - do you think that this is putting unnecessary pressure on Poch? And do you think that it is 'borderline xenophobic' of them do do so? It seems a reasonable prerequisite when dealing with an English speaking media.

I think you quoted the wrong person here.

Back
Top Bottom