Paulinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If he has issues with depression then he has my sympathies. The only mention I've seen on this though is some articles describing his first stint in Europe. He was racially abused and didn't earn much money, and ended up going back to Brazil considering other careers.

For us he's been the poster boy for our problems. Soft, slow and with a bad attitude.This goes back to last season as well, and I'm aware he hasn't played much this fall. I think performance in training and matches is the only reason he's out of the squads.

I don't see how everybody is happy to give Lamela so much time and barely any to Paulinho. The guy scored 8 goals last season, some important, had flashes of brilliance, if Pochettino refuses to give any gametime to either him or Chiriches I'll be dissatisfied. As long as we're paying huge wages we should always be prepared to give players another chance. Why the hell should we have last chances if we're still going to pay him another million pounds until the next transfer window?

I don't see how everybody is happy to give Lamela so much time and barely any to Paulinho. The guy scored 8 goals last season, some important, had flashes of brilliance, if Pochettino refuses to give any gametime to either him or Chiriches I'll be dissatisfied. As long as we're paying huge wages we should always be prepared to give players another chance. Why the hell should we have last chances if we're still going to pay him another million pounds until the next transfer window?
They're not comparable though. Paulinho looks like a player who'd benefit from a "rest" period, rather than getting loads of games to find some form. Horses for courses.

If our squad wasn't 97 % midfielders he would probably get more chances.

They're not comparable though. Paulinho looks like a player who'd benefit from a "rest" period, rather than getting loads of games to find some form. Horses for courses.
Well he hasn't played in a while so maybe he got a rest. Brighton haven't won in 10, I hope to see Paulinho and Vlad at some point against them, even if we're aren't starting them.

If Paulinho is the supposed missing link we might as well get prepared for trips to Millwall, Ipswich, and Huddersfield next season.

Are they the teams getting promoted? If your sure we can get some good odds.

Actually the championship, Paulinho's level. If he spent a season in the championship I'd gamble hundreds of pounds he wouldn't make the team of the season.

Last season Paulinho scored eight goals and had two assists in all comps. One against a team from Georgia, one against a second choice Villa team in the cup, an admittedly fantastic winner against relegated Cardiff, a goal against should have been relegated Sunderland, a goal against relegated Fulham, an assist against relegated Norwich, a goal against Hull, a tap in during a blow out of awful in the second half of the season Newcastle and a goal in a completely meaningless final game against Villa. He scored one goal against team that wasn't in the bottom six and it was against Newcastle who were cratering when we played them last season.

I really hate to be negative about a player but I see nothing in Paulinho. He's an okay athlete, he can't pass, can't shoot, can't tackle, doesn't track runners well, is generally soft. The only thing he can do with any consistency is back heel flicks, which while they look nice generally don't contribute any more to the run of play than a regular pass.

The guy is our worst senior player and it isn't close. He adds nothing. Calling him Brazilian Jenas is an affront to Jenas's career here. Jenas had periods of quality form and scored big goals for us. Paulinho has 50 minutes and three backheels against Stoke and a winning goal against the worst team in the league. I would pay £15m for Bentley over £17m for Paulinho and wouldn't even think about it. He might be the worst transfer in the history of the club.

Actually the championship, Paulinho's level. If he spent a season in the championship I'd gamble hundreds of pounds he wouldn't make the team of the season.

Last season Paulinho scored eight goals and had two assists in all comps. One against a team from Georgia, one against a second choice Villa team in the cup, an admittedly fantastic winner against relegated Cardiff, a goal against should have been relegated Sunderland, a goal against relegated Fulham, an assist against relegated Norwich, a goal against Hull, a tap in during a blow out of awful in the second half of the season Newcastle and a goal in a completely meaningless final game against Villa. He scored one goal against team that wasn't in the bottom six and it was against Newcastle who were cratering when we played them last season.

I really hate to be negative about a player but I see nothing in Paulinho. He's an okay athlete, he can't pass, can't shoot, can't tackle, doesn't track runners well, is generally soft. The only thing he can do with any consistency is back heel flicks, which while they look nice generally don't contribute any more to the run of play than a regular pass.

The guy is our worst senior player and it isn't close. He adds nothing. Calling him Brazilian Jenas is an affront to Jenas's career here. Jenas had periods of quality form and scored big goals for us. Paulinho has 50 minutes and three backheels against Stoke and a winning goal against the worst team in the league. I would pay £15m for Bentley over £17m for Paulinho and wouldn't even think about it. He might be the worst transfer in the history of the club.
Your saying that like the goals weren't important, Cardiff, Hull, it is all very saying they were shit, which they were, but we have plenty of players who didn't score those goals. Look, he was obviously on shit form last season, but a player who has 32 appearances for Brazil must have something.

Last season Chadli's only goal was against Newcastle, he is now doing much better in front of goal. Why rule out that he might improve? How many times have we seen him this season? Once in his position and once out on the left wing for some random reason. What harm can a chance do? We've played some shit teams this season and failed to score enough goals (Newcastle, Sunderland, West Brom) and additional goal isn't anything to be sniffed at, surely?

Back
Top Bottom