Paul Stewart

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What makes you think it doesn't go on to the same extent in other countries? And in some parts of the world a lot worse?
This is the terrifying truth. It definitely does go on globally in every sport. Canada's faced a wave of these cases in youth ice hockey. There can be no doubt that some very big clubs across Europe might have some very dark skeletons in closets they really don't want to open.

I'm afraid that this might just be the tip of the iceberg. I can't comprehend what makes someone want to go near a child in that way, especially anyone who has children of their own. Castration is too good for them.

This private investigator must be shit hot, he has only be on the job 12hrs. Unless of course the club have knowingly swept stuff under the carpet. Imagine paying a player to keep quite so a pedo can be protected and possibly continue with his activities.

Surprising that Chelsea want to do the right thing when they are bank rolled by money gained by abusing others ( albeit not sexually )

Having been through the FA Coaching levels personally I can say that there are sessions that are about the protection and support of youngsters.

The FA are aware of the vunerablity of young children and they do try to instill that coaches have a responsibility to look out for the wider welfare of their pupils when and where possible.

The issue is of course if your a "wrong un" going into the situation you won't give a monkey's what the FA courses say. That said it's right that the rest of us who are sane and care about people are reminded that the world is full of scum, and everyone must do their bit to limit the damage the scum do when and where possible.

Last edited:
Heart breaking piece. I fear we're only scratching the surface.

Former Newcastle player on being abused: ‘It was horrific. He thought it was normal’

Former Newcastle player on being abused: ‘It was horrific. He thought it was normal’

There in lies the issue, these young boys are impressionable and at that age don't know any different. If coaches are supposedly making promises in return for 'favours' what are they going to do? Also the feeling of disgust and shame more than likely stop them from saying anything as they don't know who else is in on it. Much like Savile at the BBC, these coaches are able to abuse their positions of power. It takes a lot of courage for these now emotionally scarred adult men to come forwards to reveal the true extent of their anguish.

I thought Bristow must have been pissed when he wrote those tweets. But he is standing by his original statements, just putting them in a new context, that if you stand up to them, the perpetrator gets caught and he can't abuse any longer.
But the issue with this is the abusers deliberately pick on the quiet, shy ones.
Bristow is out of order and sometimes his worst enemy. I've met him before and he's a funny bloke, but obviously not the most sensitive of people.

Eric Bristow interview:

So I'm guessing you support Chelsea. But weren't you born in Hackney?
Hackney Hospital, mate, in walking distance of Woolwich. My dad was an Woolwich supporter and he used to take me there, but I've always been Chelsea. No idea why, maybe I just liked the colour.

Small Talk: Eric Bristow

This private investigator must be shit hot, he has only be on the job 12hrs. Unless of course the club have knowingly swept stuff under the carpet. Imagine paying a player to keep quite so a pedo can be protected and possibly continue with his activities.

One would hope that the Chavs have opened themselves for possible criminal prosecution if this has allegadley happened? We need Smoked Salmon Smoked Salmon for a legal def>

One would hope that the Chavs have opened themselves for possible criminal prosecution if this has allegadley happened? We need Smoked Salmon Smoked Salmon for a legal def>
Given that the article suggests the individual went to the police I can only assume that the scout in question was deceased by the time he did as there was clearly no referral to the CPS and with him dead I doubt any kind of effective criminal prosecution for vicarious liability could proceed. But then I am not sufficiently knowledgeable in criminal law to answer conclusively.

I assume the individual threatened to sue the club in order to pursue a civil claim for damages on the bases of civil vicarious liability (in principle not unlike the recent case against THFC for the actions of employed medical staff in respect of the permanently injured youth player Radwan Hamed) and The Russian simply decided to pay him off to get rid of the poor publicity it would bring. The interesting thing is how this has come out. If it has come via the "victim", it's possible he has breached the terms of his settlement agreement.

Surprising that Chelsea want to do the right thing when they are bank rolled by money gained by abusing others ( albeit not sexually )

Having been through the FA Coaching levels personally I can say that there are sessions that are about the protection and support of youngsters.

The FA are aware of the vunerablity of young children and they do try to instill that coaches have a responsibility to look out for the wider welfare of their pupils when and where possible.

The issue is of course if your a "wrong un" going into the situation you won't give a monkey's what the FA courses say. That said it's right that the rest of us who are sane and care about people are reminded that the world is full of scum, and everyone must do their bit to limit the damage the scum do when and where possible.
Thanks for this.

I think the bulk of these problems will come out as being from the older generation of players that came through before the current system was fully implemented, but that's still going to be a potentially massive number. And you can only wonder how this may extend across the continent, especially in countries with less resources to devote to these kinds of issues.

Back
Top Bottom