Paul Mitchell resigns

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is this Mitchell's replacement?

Apparently, he scouted Modric for Spurs and also scouted Suarez before Redknapp turned him down.

rudd says of the two:

‘They asked me all kinds of questions about Suarez, so I just point blank said: “You have to snap him up, without any hesitation, in a heartbeat.”

click bait that isn't it? Could quite easily just be them keeping their cards to their chest - don't want to tell everyone you are desperate for a player do you.

Harry Says:
“Despite all that has happened in his career since, one of the biggest regrets of my life in management is not taking Luis Suarez to Tottenham when we had the chance. ‘You’ve got to take him, Harry,’ Ruud Gullit told me. ‘He’s fantastic’.

Is this Mitchell's replacement?

Apparently, he scouted Modric for Spurs and also scouted Suarez before Redknapp turned him down.

If he was involved in the final recommendation on Suarez he needs shooting

Redknapp said:
"We kept looking at him but people thought he couldn't play up as a striker,"

"They said he's like Rafa [van der Vaart] and you can't have him and Rafa or you'd have two players who want to drop deep, so that was the problem. We were looking for someone to play up front with Rafa"

Manchester United and City to battle it out for transfer guru behind Dele Alli's move to Spurs

Spurs’ former head of recruitment Paul Mitchell is on gardening leave after tendering his resignation at White Hart Lane

pleat%20david.JPG

I really don't fucking care about the Suarez stuff. I'm absolutely happy that he never touched this club.
Agreed. But we're not talking about Suarez, we're talking about a group of professionals who somehow told Redknapp that Suarez would never be able to play as a striker.... Frighteningly incompetent!

rudd says of the two:

‘They asked me all kinds of questions about Suarez, so I just point blank said: “You have to snap him up, without any hesitation, in a heartbeat.”

click bait that isn't it? Could quite easily just be them keeping their cards to their chest - don't want to tell everyone you are desperate for a player do you.

Harry Says:
“Despite all that has happened in his career since, one of the biggest regrets of my life in management is not taking Luis Suarez to Tottenham when we had the chance. ‘You’ve got to take him, Harry,’ Ruud Gullit told me. ‘He’s fantastic’.
Suarez is a racist.

QI from Gaurdian

The transfer hunters: how Premier League scouting set-ups compare
Tottenham Hotspur

Steve Hitchen, the chief scout, worked at the club between 2005 and 2010 as the scout in France. He quickly became the main overseas scout and he returned in February this year, at around the time Paul Mitchell, the former head of recruitment and analysis, was leaving. Tottenham have said that Hitchen is not a like-for-like replacement and he fits into a slightly different structure, in which he makes his player recommendations to the three-man football committee of the chairman, Daniel Levy, the manager, Mauricio Pochettino, and the academy manager, John McDermott. Hitchen went from Tottenham to Liverpool, where Damien Comolli, the director of football, said he was the “main reason” why the club signed Luis Suárez. Hitchen worked at Queens Park Rangers and Derby County before coming back to Tottenham. DH

Back
Top Bottom