On the fringes

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Given that its a directive of the club to cultivate and promote youth, and that our two main managerial targets are well known for promoting youth, Im going to go out on a limb and suggest Tim leaving wont make a jot of difference in that respect.

We have, for years, always been willing to give young players a chance.

The only concern I have in Tims leaving is who will manage the Academy talent, I like the loan system we have with them - its great development - and always thought that was Tims remit?

Given that its a directive of the club to cultivate and promote youth, and that our two main managerial targets are well known for promoting youth, Im going to go out on a limb and suggest Tim leaving wont make a jot of difference in that respect.

We have, for years, always been willing to give young players a chance.

The only concern I have in Tims leaving is who will manage the Academy talent, I like the loan system we have with them - its great development - and always thought that was Tims remit?
Wasn't it Chris Ramsey who was in fact managing the youths?

I really dont know. I thought as "Technical Director" Tim was essentially in charge, and to his credit I think they have done well under him.

Sherwood was responsible for the development of the players more than actual coaching I thought, managing relationships with clubs like Yeovil and Swindon for example.

How about we get back to raw basics . What I find very disturbing is the lack of technical ability of some of these youth players. Number one on that list is andros townsend. He can dribble, run past players but then suddenly he is befuddled what to do in the final 3rd. To shoot or pass?. Upfront you have another player (soldado) who is painfully dependent on his attacking midfielders to supply him, To his fustration, andros either blasts the ball over the net or picks the wrong pass. Now, I may be wrong but with some form of training and teaching. Is it hard to believe he could shoot a few more on target and improve his decision making?

If we want to persist with this youth academy lets get some trainers or employers from southampton and ajax, not people who can spot talent but those who will actually get stuck in to do the dirty work by helping these players read the game better.

ramsey did the leg work, tim oversaw it all.

debatable whose responsible for making our kids better

How about we get back to raw basics . What I find very disturbing is the lack of technical ability of some of these youth players. Number one on that list is andros townsend. He can dribble, run past players but then suddenly he is befuddled what to do in the final 3rd. To shoot or pass?. Upfront you have another player (soldado) who is painfully dependent on his attacking midfielders to supply him, To his fustration, andros either blasts the ball over the net or picks the wrong pass. Now, I may be wrong but with some form of training and teaching. Is it hard to believe he could shoot a few more on target and improve his decision making?

If we want to persist with this youth academy lets get some trainers or employers from southampton and ajax, not people who can spot talent but those who will actually get stuck in to do the dirty work by helping these players read the game better.

But you're completely ignoring the likes of Pritchard and Kane who have both shown incredible techincal ability and decision making. I would also argue Andros' technical ability is top notch, his decision making isn't quite yet but I believe it'll get there.

Oduwa imo also will be outstanding. In fact since we have no decent left winger (townsend could be but he's too concerned about shooting) why not give him a go there for the first team in a few pre season friendlies. His goal in ledley's testimonial was superb.

Back
Top Bottom