North American Tour

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pretty late, but big shout out to Seattle spurs. Had a great time marching to the stadium. Loved all the people on the sidewalks taping the scene since they've never seen anything like us before

Hi, thanks for the answer.The disparity in attendances So why is Seattle so soccer crazed?
I live far from Seattle so I'm not entirely sure. It's not like they don't have other sport teams (they have a MLB team and their NFL team won the Super Bowl). I think it just became the trendy sport that started as a niche and grew. Maybe somebody else has a better answer but that's all I got.

Not just Seattle but Portland and Vancouver too. Something about the Pacific North West!

I just think that people from Seattle view themselves as perhaps a bit different and a bit more European than other US cities and see football as a way of expressing those differences?

Apologies for the sweeping generalisations!

Not just Seattle but Portland and Vancouver too. Something about the Pacific North West!

I just think that people from Seattle view themselves as perhaps a bit different and a bit more European than other US cities and see football as a way of expressing those differences?

Apologies for the sweeping generalisations!

I think that's probably a fair assessment.

Had a blast in Chicago, a ton of Spurs throughout the stadium. Probably couldn't tell on tv, but it was probably close to 50/50 from where I was sitting.

Btt_CRaCYAECaaa.jpg:large

Yeah I wish I could have met some more people up there. I didn't get to Atlantic as soon as I wanted too (f'n uber driver), but great crowd there. Really cool pulling into the stadium in the lot full of Spurs fans tailgating.

Looks awesome, but "Oh When The Spurs' was sung SO fast. Oh well, we really don't get enough practice over here.
Yeah, but I do have to say that I was disappointed because that was probably the worst version of it the whole night. I just didn't think of recording the singing until the end and this is the only version I got.

Yeah, but I do have to say that I was disappointed because that was probably the worst version of it the whole night. I just didn't think of recording the singing until the end and this is the only version I got.

You did catch the guy on the left standing by the flag that looked like he was about to keel over (and then yawned...who yawns at a fucking Spurs match BTW??)

http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/mlb...n-by-exhibition-soccer-on-espn2-saturday.html

As I've said many a time, I'm delighted to see the advance of soccer in the States. It seems we're making some good inroads too, with a higher audience than Woolwich, and outscoring some baseball games too. Maybe some of our many US posters can flesh out the detail.

A fascinating quote re the key 18-49 demographic

'In fact, Chicago/Tottenham drew more viewers in the Adults 18-49 demo than either MLB game drew total.'

While FS1 is trying, they aren't close to ESPN in terms of relevancy. I don't think too many care to watch some random baseball game. They were probably more worried about their own team (like me).

A little surprising though, especially that we beat Woolwich. Saturday night while "primetime" still isn't very good for ratings since a lot of people are out.

Back
Top Bottom