Njie Clinton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

N'Koudou has shown in his handful of cameo appearances that he's potentially an upgrade on N'Jie...
And the way Son has been performing recently makes me SO relieved we got rid of N'Jie [albeit on loan] and not Sonny ....as was ALMOST the case in the Summer!

Wish the lad well but he isn't good enough plain and simple. N'Koudou has already shown more in a few cameos than what Clinton did.

Not 100% sure on this.

N'Jie arrived to us injured so never got a full pre-season, then got injured in the second half of the season so couldn't make any impact. It was basically stop start. He came off the bench against Liverpool and played well, hit the post and caused problems all game, came off the bench against City, run their full back ragged and even got an assist to his name. Started plenty of times in the Europa League and looked excellent, especially in the Monaco game.

N'Koudou right now is flavour of the month and I think we've all been happy with the impact he offers and his social media antics have made him a lot more of a favourite then Njie ever was but he also got what looks like a decent pre-season (a lot better than Njie got with us).

It's just one of those where it's a shame it never worked out for him. If he had been signed earlier, perhaps if he got a decent pre-season and didn't arrive injured and stayed fit all season we could have seen more of what he was about but unfortunately it hasn't and we'll most likely never see him again in a Spurs shirt but I wish him all the best.

Not 100% sure on this.

N'Jie arrived to us injured so never got a full pre-season, then got injured in the second half of the season so couldn't make any impact. It was basically stop start. He came off the bench against Liverpool and played well, hit the post and caused problems all game, came off the bench against City, run their full back ragged and even got an assist to his name. Started plenty of times in the Europa League and looked excellent, especially in the Monaco game.

N'Koudou right now is flavour of the month and I think we've all been happy with the impact he offers and his social media antics have made him a lot more of a favourite then Njie ever was but he also got what looks like a decent pre-season (a lot better than Njie got with us).

It's just one of those where it's a shame it never worked out for him. If he had been signed earlier, perhaps if he got a decent pre-season and didn't arrive injured and stayed fit all season we could have seen more of what he was about but unfortunately it hasn't and we'll most likely never see him again in a Spurs shirt but I wish him all the best.
I agree that njie didnt get much of a chance for us AND looked decent against Pool and City but looked excellent in the Europa league? Nah don't think that happened at all.

Not 100% sure on this.

His first touch is terrible and his overall awareness is lacking. His pace seems to be his only asset. Not calling him worthless but the standard of player we have at our club and our style of play he doesn't fit at all. I think he could do well at a club like Leicester which is counter attacking football but not with us.

His first touch is terrible and his overall awareness is lacking. His pace seems to be his only asset. Not calling him worthless but the standard of player we have at our club and our style of play he doesn't fit at all. I think he could do well at a club like Leicester which is counter attacking football but not with us.

Disagree on his first touch. Don't see how his style of play wouldn't fit us yet Nkoudou does? Theyre basically the same player in terms of where they'd play and physical attributes. Pochettino obviously feels Nkoudou can offer more and probably has a higher ceiling but I don't think any of us can really judge Njie on what we saw.

Don't see how his style of play wouldn't fit us yet Nkoudou does? Theyre basically the same player in terms of where they'd play and physical attributes.

Surprised you've asked that. Seems quite apparent that GK is a tricky and confident player WITH pace.

Clinton is a pacey attacker. That's it.

There's not many tricks or much technical ability to him. One relies on pace, the other doesn't. I think there's quite a vast difference between the two personally. GK has miles better close control for a start, which will earn him free kicks when he's in trouble.

GK is a footballer. Clinton is a racehorse similar to Lennon, Connor Wickham from Palace or Barrow from Swansea who might have pace but often seen having their heads down dribbling and not looking up. If you look at GK, Erickson, Kane or others on the Spurs even at a great pace their heads are up.

Disagree on his first touch. Don't see how his style of play wouldn't fit us yet Nkoudou does? Theyre basically the same player in terms of where they'd play and physical attributes. Pochettino obviously feels Nkoudou can offer more and probably has a higher ceiling but I don't think any of us can really judge Njie on what we saw.
No from what i've seen N'Kodou and N'jie are not similar. N'kodou for one seems to have a better first touch and better close control. He seems to be a "ball at feet" sort of player. N'jie on the other hand seems more comfortable playing up front then on the wing and also seems to prefer running onto the ball.

I always liked him, tbh. Think he was hard done to. Everyone got a year to adapt and then a year to play. Clinton got a few games, months of injuries then a loan. Shame.

No from what i've seen N'Kodou and N'jie are not similar. N'kodou for one seems to have a better first touch and better close control. He seems to be a "ball at feet" sort of player. N'jie on the other hand seems more comfortable playing up front then on the wing and also seems to prefer running onto the ball.
I think the only similarity is that they both share an N' at the beginning of their surnames!!
N'Jie seems a bit more spontaneous and, dare I say instinctive (on that showing) plus I always thought he was more of an 'auxiliary Striker' whereas N'Koudou is surely a winger??
Unlike Sissoko who I THOUGHT was a winger, but it turns out he's more of an Attacking Midfielder... in fact HE'S probably more like N'Jie than N'Koudou! :clintonohshit:

Though I may be - and very often am - wrong!

Back
Top Bottom