New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Meanwhile, back in Enfield...
3382714.jpg

Plans for a new players hotel at the Tottenham Hotspur training ground in Hotspur Way, Enfield

Demands have been made to reject Tottenham Hotspur’s proposal to build a new players lodge on its training ground.

Protesters against the Premier League club’s training ground in Hotspur Way, in Bulls Cross, have called for a protection to green belt land in the borough as plans for a 45-room lodge are submitted.

The two-storey lodge on Myddelton Farm, adjacent to the multi-million training ground, were filed to Enfield Borough Council two months ago and could see further development on green land.

Stephen Collins, of Lavender Hill, Enfield, is appalled at what he says, is continued “slicing away” at green belt land.

He said: “Tottenham moved up there in 2007 and all they have done since is carve and carve away at the green belt.

“This would be another example and it is shame on Enfield Council who have continually let them build whatever they like, whenever they like.”

A new 500-seater stand and floodlights were agreed at the training ground earlier this year, much to the distain of people living nearby.

Mr Collins added: “People come to live in Enfield because you have a mix of suburban and countryside. The green land should be preserved and protected but this is not the case.

“Enough is enough and the council must put their foot down and stop Tottenham, who aren’t even a team playing in the borough of Enfield, building on more precious land.”

Despite the calls, the football team are insistent that the proposals are “sympathetic” to the environment.

A spokesman for the club said: “The Club has submitted a planning application to the London Borough of Enfield for an overnight accommodation Lodge for players and staff. The application is for Myddelton Farm, which the club has owned since 2007 and which sits adjacent to the Training Centre. We have worked hard with consultants to design a scheme that is both highly sustainable and sympathetic to its environment.

“We have held a series of meetings with local residents, groups and statutory organisations over the past few months in order to discuss and adapt the design in order to address any points raised.”

An Enfield Council spokesperson said: “We have received a planning application from Tottenham Hotspur regarding this matter and will be considering the application in due course.

“This application is subject to full public consultation, the results of which will be examined as part of the overall assessment of the planning application before a decision is taken but because of the quasi-judicial nature of the planning process it would be inappropriate to comment further on this matter at this time.”

The proposal is likely to go to committee in early 2015.

Hmm...

Do they realise that lots of training pitches are still mainly very green land with lots of grass and fields

3382714.jpg

Plans for a new players hotel at the Tottenham Hotspur training ground in Hotspur Way, Enfield

Demands have been made to reject Tottenham Hotspur’s proposal to build a new players lodge on its training ground.

Protesters against the Premier League club’s training ground in Hotspur Way, in Bulls Cross, have called for a protection to green belt land in the borough as plans for a 45-room lodge are submitted.

The two-storey lodge on Myddelton Farm, adjacent to the multi-million training ground, were filed to Enfield Borough Council two months ago and could see further development on green land.

Stephen Collins, of Lavender Hill, Enfield, is appalled at what he says, is continued “slicing away” at green belt land.

He said: “Tottenham moved up there in 2007 and all they have done since is carve and carve away at the green belt.

“This would be another example and it is shame on Enfield Council who have continually let them build whatever they like, whenever they like.”

A new 500-seater stand and floodlights were agreed at the training ground earlier this year, much to the distain of people living nearby.

Mr Collins added: “People come to live in Enfield because you have a mix of suburban and countryside. The green land should be preserved and protected but this is not the case.

“Enough is enough and the council must put their foot down and stop Tottenham, who aren’t even a team playing in the borough of Enfield, building on more precious land.”

Despite the calls, the football team are insistent that the proposals are “sympathetic” to the environment.

A spokesman for the club said: “The Club has submitted a planning application to the London Borough of Enfield for an overnight accommodation Lodge for players and staff. The application is for Myddelton Farm, which the club has owned since 2007 and which sits adjacent to the Training Centre. We have worked hard with consultants to design a scheme that is both highly sustainable and sympathetic to its environment.

“We have held a series of meetings with local residents, groups and statutory organisations over the past few months in order to discuss and adapt the design in order to address any points raised.”

An Enfield Council spokesperson said: “We have received a planning application from Tottenham Hotspur regarding this matter and will be considering the application in due course.

“This application is subject to full public consultation, the results of which will be examined as part of the overall assessment of the planning application before a decision is taken but because of the quasi-judicial nature of the planning process it would be inappropriate to comment further on this matter at this time.”

mmmmm id watch it if i was him....we all know how it ended up with the last company to fuck with spurs....

Yes because everyone owns a dancing horse don't they? Well I do.
well Tarquin and Rupert from Enfield have one i bet...Seriously though dress it up all you want you still live in Enfield just because you have "a bit of ground" does not hide the fact you live in north London. so excuse spurs for trying to bring a bit of regeneration to the area

I've said it countless times in this thread but we should just leave these wankers to it, pull out of their shitty area and move to where our fanbase really is.
The only thing I'd miss is the pubs but eventually with demand, good boozers would pop up.

I've said it countless times in this thread but we should just leave these wankers to it, pull out of their shitty area and move to where our fanbase really is.
The only thing I'd miss is the pubs but eventually with demand, good boozers would pop up.

My understanding is they are protesting against the proposed wembley way styled approach to the stadium, not the stadium. Might be worth listening to locals.

My understanding is they are protesting against the proposed wembley way styled approach to the stadium, not the stadium. Might be worth listening to locals.

There getting mad about one horrible tower block being pulled down for the walkway whilst conveniently forgetting about the new tower block being built in silver street.
These locals are just gooners or professional troublemakers with nothing better to do.

There getting mad about one horrible tower block being pulled down for the walkway whilst conveniently forgetting about the new tower block being built in silver street.
These locals are just gooners or professional troublemakers with nothing better to do.
You may be right, but I think we should at least listen, no harm done is there? If we hate what our owners are doing to our club (Sugar, Stratford, ENIC) we will protest because we love our club. So why can't they?
The one thing I hate about our club is it's relationship with the local community. Tottenham is my local club as it is yours and I am proud of that connection. Imagine what we can achieve if we have a local community that is proud of the club to? It's a working class sport in a working class area (I might have overstated the working class area thing :) ) but this is what separates us from the Rupert and Tarquin scum up the road, I don't want us to follow them.

Bush for fuck sake if you want us to leave tottenham then your not a spurs fan.

My dad brought me to the lane.I have grown up with my mates going to the lane. Now I bring my sons to the lane.

I love tottenham there is only tottenham. Spurs anywhere but tottenham would be an abortion.

Enic biggest mistake was not selling bale or modric. It was the countenance of selling our soul and moving to Stratford.

If you don't like tottenham then fuck of and follow Endfield town.

Spurs is tottenham and tottenham is spurs

3382714.jpg

'Slicing away at the green belt' what is our new lodge going to be 3 miles in diameter, what a load of shit, a nimby if ever I heard one.

Id prefer to stay in tottenham, if the government will not let us stay and build a new stadium then Enfield would be the natural location as its next to tottenham and full of ex-tottenham residents and supporters but I would rather we tried to remain were we are.

Unfortunately that is in the hands of the government and council and their decision on our new stadium.

Bush for fuck sake if you want us to leave tottenham then your not a spurs fan.

My dad brought me to the lane.I have grown up with my mates going to the lane. Now I bring my sons to the lane.

I love tottenham there is only tottenham. Spurs anywhere but tottenham would be an abortion.

Enic biggest mistake was not selling bale or modric. It was the countenance of selling our soul and moving to Stratford.

If you don't like tottenham then fuck of and follow Endfield town.

Spurs is tottenham and tottenham is spurs

In bushhills defence there is a big difference moving up the road to enfield and going to all the way Stratford in East london.

Personally I really want to stay but we will have to build a new stadium, we cannot grow with what we have. I hope the government and enic make sure we stay but that's not 100% and if we did move it would probably be down the road to Enfield.

In bushhills defence there is a big difference moving up the road to enfield and going to all the way Stratford in East london.

Personally I really want to stay but we will have to build a new stadium, we cannot grow with what we have. I hope the government and enic make sure we stay but that's not 100% and if we did move it would probably be down the road to Enfield.
Look at @bushillspurs sub context calling the locals wankers and tottenham a shitty area. Well as I said. If he doesn't like tottenham don't come. Iam proud of the place and we should treasure our clubs location

Last edited:
Id prefer to stay in tottenham, if the government will not let us stay and build a new stadium then Enfield would be the natural location as its next to tottenham and full of ex-tottenham residents and supporters but I would rather we tried to remain were we are.

Unfortunately that is in the hands of the government and council and their decision on our new stadium.
It's entirely in the hands of enic. All the have to do is make an agreement with archway. Then building can start. If enic really wanted to build it would of been resolved by now

Last edited:
It's entirely in the hands of enic. All the have to do is make an agreement with archway. Then building can start. If enic really wanted to build it would of been resolved by now
I

It takes two to come to an agreement, if Archway are refusing to agree on anything, Enic can do nothing.

Back
Top Bottom