New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You misunderstand me. I'm suggesting that the letter offers an alternative view on the stadium project, that people might like to take a look at.

Looking at issues from different perspectives can help to form a balanced opinion.

Of course, I'm aware that suggesting considering different perspectives on this forum is unlikely to be popular.

After all, it's just easier to fire an insult at someone who thinks differently to you.
This has been looked at from every possible perspective ... again, and again, and again.
At some point it has to stop. The process was followed, the decision is made. Time for Archway to move on.

The letter is interesting. But I'm sure there are extremely few large planning projects that don't have a fair amount scrutiny, or that don't 100% comply with every single little piece of legislation.

They make a point that the regeneration project shouldn't just be pandering to the will of a football club. But what they fail to realise is without that football club a) would many people give a fuck about tottenham as an area and b) it's arguably the largest source of employment and income in the area, (far more than a sheet metal works anyway) so why not give it priority and build the area around it. Take advantage if the international exposure you get from having a premier league club on your doorstep etc.
are our owners greedy cunts looking to profit from any redevelopment? Of course. But that is a side note in the fact that the area desperately needs improving and I don't see any other businesses fighting tooth and nail to make that happen.

Anyone interested in a balanced consideration of the pros and cons of the new stadium project might like to read this letter from Archways' solicitor, which presents a different perspective ...

http://www.haringey.gov.uk/paul_winter___co-2.pdf

They suggest we partly redevelop the current ground or move elsewhere, knock it down to do a mixed use re-development................and then say they think the Stadium should be listed...........

Anyone interested in a balanced consideration of the pros and cons of the new stadium project might like to read this letter from Archways' solicitor, which presents a different perspective ...

http://www.haringey.gov.uk/paul_winter___co-2.pdf
I find the argument that the process is flawed because it disrupts the local community to be a bit trite. The entire concept of the NDP is to disrupt the community, as the status quo is so inacceptable.

Also, the claim WHL should be designated a heritage building with development stopped was a bit over-the-top.

This has been looked at from every possible perspective ... again, and again, and again.
At some point it has to stop. The process was followed, the decision is made. Time for Archway to move on.
If it was Archway Steel expanding and expecting Tottenham Hotspur to fuck off, I think we'd all want Tottenham to challenge it to the end.

Some photos of the site I took today.

Anyone not familiar with the so-called 'Spurs fans' from Archway, their place is the pitched, tin-roofed shack with a couple of large port cabins attached to it, which we have been trying to buy off them for the last 10 years or more:

http://imgur.com/a/nhFWG

Rest assured, some progress is being made for the foundations at least and there was plenty of work going-on today. Archway apart, the on-going demolition surrounding buildings appears to nearing completion from what I saw.

Last edited:
Explain precisely the problem with knocking down WHL's stands and rebuilding the new stadium by replacing the stands in a phased project.

We could have had a new stadium done and dusted by now, using that approach.

And I don't accept that this approach would have been more expensive.

That's one example of an alternative option, which was largely dismissed at the time as it meant moving away from WHL for part or all of a season. Well that's now on the table anyway.

You're giving me your view, which is fine and an expensive, high-risk, slow-to-build new stadium at Northumberland Park may be the best solution to whatever the problems are but my point remains - there's no proper, published appraisal of ALL the options.

You have to knock each stand down 1 by 1. This takes longer and is more expensive and causes more disruption. Health and safety would be a nightmare and I doubt we could allow in even 20,000 fans during building. The stadium would also look like complete shit (Imagine building just 4 big stands independently of each other and calling it a stadium...it isn't, it's 4 stands).

You've not accepted anything so far, yet provided no examples or evidence to the contrary.

It isn't that high risk (assuming we don't get relegated) and it's the fastest way to build a stadium so I'm not sure where the slow to build bit comes into things.

At the end of the day Levy is a penny scraper. So is the chairmen of every other major club who are planning to build new stadiums. They can't all have gotten it completely wrong, despite being successful businessmen. You just need to accept that you won't have the ability to vote and your opinion effectively means nothing; Levy does not give a shit if you agree or not.

Last post on this topic, it's just running around in circles for no purpose.

Anyone not familiar with the so-called 'Spurs fans' from Archway, their place is the tin-roofed shack with a couple of large port cabins attached to it, which we have been trying to buy off them for the last 10 years or more:

Rest assured, some progress is being made for the foundations at least and there was plenty of work going-on today. Archway apart, the on-going demolition surrounding buildings appears to nearing completion from what I saw.

BMX track imvho

Anyone not familiar with the so-called 'Spurs fans' from Archway, their place is the pitched, tin-roofed shack with a couple of large port cabins attached to it, which we have been trying to buy off them for the last 10 years or more:

'Fussey piling' sounds like a great spoonerism.

A spoonerism is an error in speech or deliberate play on words in which corresponding consonants or vowels, are switched between two words in a phrase.

If they were really Spurs fans, they would have moved.... you can't tell me they are not holding out for a huge payout. I bet local businesses are not happy that this has been delayed to such an extent, the area is all about THFC, that is the reality.

I don't quite understand the fascination with filling the stadium week in week out is. Even if you average 47-48 thousand in a 56,000 seat stadium you will still have a great atmosphere, a significant uplift in revenue in greater attendance and better corporate facilities ( cause let's not dick around, that's where the money is made in stadium revenue). General spurs fans will have access to "walk up" tickets without having to subscribe to a secondary ticketing company such as stubhub to all but the big games (woolwich, man u and chelsea).

I come from a perspective of AFL where games are sometimes played on the MCG (capacity 102,000) with only 30,000 attending though!!

Dude if its melbourne its like 20k

Not sure if it's the right thread but read in the Standard tonight that a group of fans who are against us playing at MK Dons on a temporary basis are going to be giving out "No to MK" stickers at upcoming games! First I've heard of it. I wonder if it's true or just something the journalist made up.

Back
Top Bottom