New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There's fucking seats!!!!! SSC folks are cumming in their pants...
seats_zpsb4z4w4yn.png

Saw this on MOTD last night. Similar to the Olympic Stadium ones, except they are in our club colours (you know, because we own the stadium and the seats within it) and they've got the club logos on them (again, cause they're ours) and you'll be able to see the pitch from them too... so actually, nothing at all like the Olympic Stadium.

The general consensus on SSC about the seats is that they are being trialled. I guess to see which ones face up to the elements better.

I doubt it's about exposure to the elements, personally, because any appropriate seat would be known to be elements proof for a good period of time already and a short test even of a few months would not be a suitable test. I do agree it looks like testing though, as there are two blues and white all in close proximity. Looks like Levy and co haven't yet decided what color(s) to go for.

O
I doubt it's about exposure to the elements, personally, because any appropriate seat would be known to be elements proof for a good period of time already and a short test even of a few months would not be a suitable test. I do agree it looks like testing though, as there are two blues and white all in close proximity. Looks like Levy and co haven't yet decided what color(s) to go for.

It better be navy blue. No more of this royal blue nonsense

Just done SPVRS. My dad was tempted to buy two but I talked him out of it. As impressive as it is it's just not what I want from my match day experience. When you're stood at your seat at HT do you ever think "I wish I was sat in a lounge now". I personally don't.

The whole stadium looks really impressive though. Like WHL on steroids.

Sadly when the new stadium comes 1/3 to 1/2 of away allocations will go to premium seat holders so there goes my Bournemouth and Watford away tickets (and the away atmosphere for that matter).
Why would 1/3 to 1/2 of away allocations go to premium seat holders? The minutes from the THST meetings say it will go up from 9% to 12-13% don't they? That's a massive difference from 33-50%, which would be a dagger through the heart of our support.

Quick look on KUMB and one problem with the atmosphere at their new ground seems to be that it's too big for them, so they've got non-football fans and opposition fans (lots of reports of scum fans on Saturday) in the home end. Also their ST holders have all been mixed up in different areas of the ground- as happened with Woolwich when they moved.

I really hope these problems don't affect our new ground. I'd imagine it will be better because (a) we'll have the big stand which is obviously the place to go if you want to sing, swear etc. and (b) we have more genuine fans. Even so, after the shit atmosphere at Wembley, I'm a bit worried what our new ground will be like.

I'm not as optimistic about the new ground as most on here seem to be. I expect a larger amount of tourists, day trippers etc. I predict it won't be a patch on the Lane (which itself was quiet enough on Saturday) but I hope I'm wrong. Personally I'm something like 50-50 about whether this move is a good idea (I know I'm in the minority).

Quick look on KUMB and one problem with the atmosphere at their new ground seems to be that it's too big for them, so they've got non-football fans and opposition fans (lots of reports of scum fans on Saturday) in the home end. Also their ST holders have all been mixed up in different areas of the ground- as happened with Woolwich when they moved.

I really hope these problems don't affect our new ground. I'd imagine it will be better because (a) we'll have the big stand which is obviously the place to go if you want to sing, swear etc. and (b) we have more genuine fans. Even so, after the shit atmosphere at Wembley, I'm a bit worried what our new ground will be like.

I'm not as optimistic about the new ground as most on here seem to be. I expect a larger amount of tourists, day trippers etc. I predict it won't be a patch on the Lane (which itself was quiet enough on Saturday) but I hope I'm wrong. Personally I'm something like 50-50 about whether this move is a good idea (I know I'm in the minority).

Big difference is that ours was designed with fan experience a priority, proximity to the pitch for one thing, and a roofshape that keeps in noise. The "kop", for me speaks volumes about what Levy is doing here.

At the end of the day, its not the building that makes you sing.

Put Dortmund fans in West Hams shit hole stadium and there will be noise.

I think one of the main reasons for the "kop" stand is that, all the die hards, loud mouths and proper fans will go there, creating noise and atmosphere and that. That way, if the other 3 sides of the ground are half full of tourists and JCL's and a few empty seats, it wont impact as much.

As we've seen with Wembley, we can definitely fill a 60'000 seat stadium. As long as its priced right people should turn up for the shite games.

I predict it won't be a patch on the Lane (which itself was quiet enough on Saturday) but I hope I'm wrong.

Think atmosphere was always going to be a problem this year what with the big hole and the ballot process moving members about from where they would usually sit. I was up in Paxton Upper - first time up there - on Saturday (back row but one) and there were definitely others up there that had never been in there either. Not likely to get much going/joining in back there.

I know they were getting tonked, but Swansea were much quieter than when I have seen them previously, though that could have been down to the massive distance between me and them distorting things somewhat.

Also, gooners in the West Ham end just epitomises the shambles of the OS.....they were warned by the Met about certain issues, and ploughed ahead ignoring the advice.

Now they complain that the old bill have told them to jog on, resulting in chaos on matchdays.

Think atmosphere was always going to be a problem this year what with the big hole and the ballot process moving members about from where they would usually sit. I was up in Paxton Upper - first time up there - on Saturday (back row but one) and there were definitely others up there that had never been in there either. Not likely to get much going/joining in back there.

I know they were getting tonked, but Swansea were much quieter than when I have seen them previously, though that could have been down to the massive distance between me and them distorting things somewhat.
I sat in Paxton Upper for the first, and last time for the West Ham cup game, think it was sherwoods first game possibly before he'd been confirmed as manager.

Worst night of my life. I dread to think what its like there now.

At the end of the day, its not the building that makes you sing.

Put Dortmund fans in West Hams shit hole stadium and there will be noise.
Absolutely right. If you look for instance at some ground in Europe there is often a shite stadium + running track etc, but the atmosphere is still there because the fans want to make it. Of course these things do make a difference but the main thing is the fans.

Both Spurs and West Ham have enough fans that want to create an atmosphere. We all know that amidst the 80,000 at Wembley there are loads of proper Spurs. The only problem is they can get lost in these massive attendances. So as Anthony Beale Anthony Beale suggests the kop end is key. We need to make sure enough of the right people are in the right place together.

It's where I have my ST and have had for 18 years. I know it well. I was one of the people moved by the hole in the ground so I'm in a different place now, but still Paxton Upper.

In fact moving people who would normally be Park Lane around the ground has had a bad effect for games like Swansea, but a good effect for bigger games like the West Ham one. (IMO).

Swansea were poorer than usual and poorer than most away supports. You can hear a loud away support clearly enough over the pitch.

I sat in Paxton Upper for the first, and last time for the West Ham cup game, think it was sherwoods first game possibly before he'd been confirmed as manager.

Worst night of my life. I dread to think what its like there now.
Even Paxton at its worst shits on Wembley (at least where I was/am at Wembley). It was actually quite good in the Paxton for the West Ham game the other week.

Back
Top Bottom