New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Posted over on the West Ham thread on the general forum, but think it deserves a repost here:

Whilst we would have to go along way to match the monumental fuck ups over at Stratford and whilst Levy is clearly a more savy and astute businessman than either of those barrow boys. We need to be aware that the move into the new stadium will not be without its challenges.

We've been fortunate that we have two prime examples of how not to do it right on our doorstep. With the Spammers attempt to do it all on the cheap leaving them with zero control over their destiny and the scums dedication to prioritising corporate and commercial responsibilities leaving them with a soulless hole in the place of a football stadium.

But we still need to be careful, there are no guarantees. Levy has shown that he is sympathetic to the need for maintaining a more traditional footballing identity (the single tier, the distance from the pitch, the addition of facilities so that the integrity of the stadium isn't compromised) but he is a businessman first and foremost.
The fans and suporters trust need to do their part in shaping the future of the club in its new home.

Basically, lets not count our chickens.

The slow rebuilding of our identity and connection between the club and fans over the last few seasons including our improved performances on the pitch should go along way to maintaining an extremely positive atmosphere in transition to the new stadium. My worry is that a year at Wembley may cause a severe dent in the patience of a lot of supporters (because a lot of our supporters are renowned for their patience). It's been a long, long journey but we are so close, you can almost taste it!

Our current success should really be viewed as a bonus taste of what's to come. As our commercial relevance increases we should get used to challenging at a top level for the indefinite future.

COYS!

I think we need to overcome our Wembley hoodoo, we need to start showing we can perform there and use that bigger pitch to our advantage. So long as we can stay competitive in the league during our time away from new WHL, hopefully we can move into the new stadium with the same optimism that is currently being felt.

With no international tournament this summer Poch will have all the squad together for pre-season. I'm sure we'll be training on a Wembley sized pitch at the training ground so there should be no excuse to be ill-prepared.

7b45bd1c167412daf9bec1d47ed3b66f.jpg

From SC

Fucking hell, that was quick...
will it be ready for the Swansea match then?

Joooooooooking aside... I love the fact that the present (temporary) walkway that takes you round the back of the Paxton is exactly where the pitch will be!

Before the West Ham match, it was lovely to see this dawn on people as they were taking their obligatory photos of the stand developing...
...it was like they (I say they I mean 'me') looked around... and realised... "fuck me... I could be standing on the new centre circle right now!"

In fact, if the club have already worked out where that would be... it might be nice to put a marker down, wherever it is, for people to stand on and take a pic.

Bit like the Greenwich Meridian line... only bettererer!!

The cctv cameras at the stadium have been fucking about all week, so it's been like reading through the minutes of a support group for bereaved families on SSC, they've been pleading like junkies for a few pictures from fans today.

I thought it was 50-55k for league games, or the lower tiers? Brent Council only licence a set number of full capacity events?

Also this new fan render....
30896312031_0e425a241e_k.jpg

Love that for a such a big stadium, we are managing to retain the compactness of The Lane just five meters from the pitch, when the Woolwich is 16 odd meters, and Stratford some 20!...hats off to Levy on this one, the capacity upped to 61 to top the Emirates (while commemorating our most famous year!), a single tier, a roof designed to keep in the noise......

Love that for a such a big stadium, we are managing to retain the compactness of The Lane just five meters from the pitch, when the Woolwich is 16 odd meters, and Stratford some 20!...hats off to Levy on this one, the capacity upped to 61 to top the Emirates (while commemorating our most famous year!), a single tier, a roof designed to keep in the noise......
Went to the sales pitch/Virtual reality tour for the posh stuff recently. It is a bizarre thing they have managed to pull off, it feels like White Hart Lane, yet it's completely new. I don't know what it is, no defining thing you can point to as not a single individual thing is replicated, yet there is no mistaking the new place is Tottenham Hotspur.

Just done SPVRS. My dad was tempted to buy two but I talked him out of it. As impressive as it is it's just not what I want from my match day experience. When you're stood at your seat at HT do you ever think "I wish I was sat in a lounge now". I personally don't.

The whole stadium looks really impressive though. Like WHL on steroids.

Sadly when the new stadium comes 1/3 to 1/2 of away allocations will go to premium seat holders so there goes my Bournemouth and Watford away tickets (and the away atmosphere for that matter).

Just done SPVRS. My dad was tempted to buy two but I talked him out of it. As impressive as it is it's just not what I want from my match day experience. When you're stood at your seat at HT do you ever think "I wish I was sat in a lounge now". I personally don't.

The whole stadium looks really impressive though. Like WHL on steroids.

Sadly when the new stadium comes 1/3 to 1/2 of away allocations will go to premium seat holders so there goes my Bournemouth and Watford away tickets (and the away atmosphere for that matter).
Spot on mate. I had a ticket to the Lilywhite lounge for about 4 years. At half time I was the only person still in my seat, with everyone going off for their half time tea or beer. I simply couldn't be fucked, also felt very removed from the game. There were a good bunch in that lounge though, never met a day tripper once. Proper Spurs fans that ran small companies from Cabs to plumbers to builders.

From what the salesman told me he said that the "normal" concourse is going to be amazing anyway with a lot of choices of grub and beer.

The away ticket allocation is a worry, was mentioned in the THST last minutes. Can't recall what the extra amount was now but think it was an extra 3-5%. Only thing is would they go??? Woolwich, Chelsea you would have to say yes they would but I'm doubtful they would go to many of the others.

Spot on mate. I had a ticket to the Lilywhite lounge for about 4 years. At half time I was the only person still in my seat, with everyone going off for their half time tea or beer. I simply couldn't be fucked, also felt very removed from the game. There were a good bunch in that lounge though, never met a day tripper once. Proper Spurs fans that ran small companies from Cabs to plumbers to builders.

From what the salesman told me he said that the "normal" concourse is going to be amazing anyway with a lot of choices of grub and beer.

The away ticket allocation is a worry, was mentioned in the THST last minutes. Can't recall what the extra amount was now but think it was an extra 3-5%. Only thing is would they go??? Woolwich, Chelsea you would have to say yes they would but I'm doubtful they would go to many of the others.

There's absolutely no reason why premium ST holders can't be on our loyalty point system and be in the same pot as the rest of us in regards to away tickets.

But of course that would make their premium product less desirable:levystare:

Back
Top Bottom