New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes - like yourself probably just window shopping unless my Euromillions numbers come up :pochserious:
Thing is I now know that even if my number came up I wouldn't have a box or any of this stuff, it's not how I've been brought up how to watch football, I just don't like it. I had the cheapest lounge ST for about 3 or 4 years while I waiting for my ST (10 fucking years waiting!!), I would head there before a game and chomp on a carvery bun thing, then leave for my seat, never joined anyone at halftime to head back to the lounge and only occasionally went back to the lounge after the game. What pleased me was that in the lounges I have never bumped into a Tarquin, there were people like me who were waiting on ST list and could afford it, or people that ran small building/plumbing type firms that they could expense the ticket through their company.

My biggest decision is going to be, do I go into the single tier stand or sit along the side. My ST now is the best seats I have ever had at any ground in +40 years of going to football matches and it is messing with my head. I'm leaning towards the single tier though.

Thing is I now know that even if my number came up I wouldn't have a box or any of this stuff, it's not how I've been brought up how to watch football, I just don't like it. I had the cheapest lounge ST for about 3 or 4 years while I waiting for my ST (10 fucking years waiting!!), I would head there before a game and chomp on a carvery bun thing, then leave for my seat, never joined anyone at halftime to head back to the lounge and only occasionally went back to the lounge after the game. What pleased me was that in the lounges I have never bumped into a Tarquin, there were people like me who were waiting on ST list and could afford it, or people that ran small building/plumbing type firms that they could expense the ticket through their company.

My biggest decision is going to be, do I go into the single tier stand or sit along the side. My ST now is the best seats I have ever had at any ground in +40 years of going to football matches and it is messing with my head. I'm leaning towards the single tier though.

I think I'm going to try for an upper tier touchline seat, probably towards the single tier end - prefer that aspect to being behind a goal.

This?

Dear Ross
We should like to extend a personal invitation to you to take a unique look at the new stadium and the breathtaking premium seating areas it will encompass.

SPVRS – our new Stadium Project Virtual Reality Suite - employs the latest in Oculus Rift technology to provide a futuristic journey of the Club’s new 61,000-seater stadium, expected to be completed by the summer of 2018.

The technology, based at the Club’s new offices at Lilywhite House, overlooking the construction site, enables you to take a virtual tour of our extensive executive suites, dining and seating areas before taking your potential new seat in the bowl of the iconic stadium.

We believe the premium offering at our new stadium - London’s next major sports and entertainment destination - represents the future of hospitality in sport and should like to extend to you a private viewing so that you can see for yourself and take advantage of an opportunity to upgrade your matchday experience.

To register your interest in visiting SPVRS, please click here.

One Hotspur Executive Members and Season Ticket Holders* will be the first to have the opportunity to secure premium seats. Please register an interest before 30 September to secure your appointment.

A member of our sales team will then be in touch to arrange an appointment for you to attend Lilywhite House and get your glimpse of the future.

Please note that information regarding securing your equivalent level of membership as a Season Ticket Holder in the new stadium will follow in due course.

Kind regards,

Andy O'Sullivan
Director of Hospitality

spacer.gif

spvrs-logo-white-bk.jpg
Hi, Ross

Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦

mentioned this before but while the single tier stand is class, it is a handy way to get as many people out of the Shelf lower as possible to make way for corporates. Been in 27 (hence the name :cool:) for about 13 years now, right on the halfway line surrounded by a great group of lads. Now the two blocks on the halfway line are going to be corporate. Probably going to try to shift along a couple of blocks towards the Park Lane but I can imagine a lot of demand for these seats.

I think the away end moving is a mistake too, like West Ham it will be families and tourists next to them who won't give it back. Although hopefully if they plan the allocation of tickets right the away end will be drowned out by the wall of noise from the park lane :D

Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦

mentioned this before but while the single tier stand is class, it is a handy way to get as many people out of the Shelf lower as possible to make way for corporates. Been in 27 (hence the name :cool:) for about 13 years now, right on the halfway line surrounded by a great group of lads. Now the two blocks on the halfway line are going to be corporate. Probably going to try to shift along a couple of blocks towards the Park Lane but I can imagine a lot of demand for these seats.

I think the away end moving is a mistake too, like West Ham it will be families and tourists next to them who won't give it back. Although hopefully if they plan the allocation of tickets right the away end will be drowned out by the wall of noise from the park lane :D
I genuinely don't think it is designed specifically to get people out of shelf, more to do with that's where the monied want to sit. I know it's splitting hairs saying that but when it comes to corp seating that's where the money is no matter what stadium it is. I want those sat in those seats to pay the highest prices in the World, so that "we" don't have to. It conflicts with Spurs as the original shelf was pitch side, only a handful of other clubs had it's hardcore fans that went down the side and despite it's destruction years and years ago many opted, like you, for the more sanitised version of what it is now in the lower. But you having been there for so long is always going to be difficult/very different even if you remained in a similar seat in the new stadium.

I think the most important thing is to use this year to work out what those around you are going to do. As next year it is highly likely with the move to Wembley that we will loose contact. For me I can't wait to sit next to members of my family and mates, there are at least 10 of us at every game but we are spread out all over the stadium only meeting up before or after a games. It's still going to be difficult to make that choice though, as my mates and family are split on their preferences.

I agree with you on the location of away fans but there is an opportunity here, and that is those Spurs fans located next to them should be teenagers, on subsidised tickets, even better if they are locals too, given a chance to build a relationship with the club that represents where they are from. It should be like a proving ground for fans going into the single tier. I remember when I was a kid, turning up every game with the intention of standing in the shelf, but by the time KO came around I was usually located in the lower, lost my bottle/not comfortable/haven't earned my place there yet. It took years for me to feel part of it.

But no getting around it we are all going to have to make some very big decisions. At least we have seen all the mistakes made by other clubs, it's important that the club and supporters recognise these mistakes and do everything possible to avoid them.

Looks great so far. It's a little on the small side for a NFL stadium, but that might be a good thing considering that it's in London and there's a ton of competition for entertainment.

Looks great so far. It's a little on the small side for a NFL stadium, but that might be a good thing considering that it's in London and there's a ton of competition for entertainment.
The Wembley (and this year Twickenham) games have mostly sold out pretty easily, so I imagine that with 29k less seats it'll be a sell out every time for NFL at the new Lane. Particularly as NFL is growing in popularity here year on year

We would do a great job making the new stadium as much of an atmosphere as The Lane was today. At it's absolute finest this afternoon. Fans and players alike making it all that much more special with it being our last season at The Lane.

Let's go the whole fucking season unbeaten at home, yeah!?

We would do a great job making the new stadium as much of an atmosphere as The Lane was today. At it's absolute finest this afternoon. Fans and players alike making it all that much more special with it being our last season at The Lane.

Let's go the whole fucking season unbeaten at home, yeah!?

The new stadium will be amazing, just imagine it will hold double that was there yesterday?

Has there been any news about naming rights? The only articles I've been able to find suggest that Qatar is interested (their deal with Barca is expiring at the end of the season).

Has there been any news about naming rights? The only articles I've been able to find suggest that Qatar is interested (their deal with Barca is expiring at the end of the season).

No one will come forward till they see what value it has for them.

Even if we win the prem this year people will wait to bid. Why would they?

I would expect 200m minimum over five years though. Just by looking at other historical deals.

Back
Top Bottom