New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's not the club that are the issue, they are just following orders from above them........all that a staged protest would result in is some sort of fine or punishment

I don't disagree in principle but my experience sitting in park lane lower for 6 years is that if you act up at all you get the boot. I was sat just a gee seats away from the girl who famously crawled onto the tv gantry and brandished a 'say no to Stratford' banner in front of the cameras during half time of (I think) a European game.
Loads of us around her and her dad tried to protect her and remonstrate with the stewards but they stil managed to nick her and several other people who got a bit emotional about it all.
Is that even an offence?

I don't disagree in principle but my experience sitting in park lane lower for 6 years is that if you act up at all you get the boot. I was sat just a gee seats away from the girl who famously crawled onto the tv gantry and brandished a 'say no to Stratford' banner in front of the cameras during half time of (I think) a European game.
Loads of us around her and her dad tried to protect her and remonstrate with the stewards but they stil managed to nick her and several other people who got a bit emotional about it all.

I remember a Bird climbing up onto the TV gantry with the say no to Stratford banner but pretty sure it was a league game against Man Utd..

When I realised that the anti Stratford fans were in the vast minority, it went a long way to explaining the atmosphere inside WHL

I loved it when people started signing "stand up if you hate woolwich/Chelski" etc when we were all told to sit down. I think that's what we need to do in the future too, in Park Lane at least, when we're told to sit down we just need to sign something like "stand up if you like to stand" and ignore the stewards if they start kicking people out. They'll eventually have to give in, obviously don't do it in an important game because you don't want to be the unlucky bastard that gets kicked out.

How about Villa? Everyone stand the entire game and refuse to sit down.

It'd almost be like we're making a... Stand.
:adegrin:....:freund:

:chadliblow::gylfi::gomes:

A few chaps behind me in block 34 against Fulham had a steward threaten to throw them out for singing "Stand up if you hate Woolwich" just after he'd managed to get loads of people to sit down. To be fair to them they gave him a fucking hard time for it, telling him that he was ruining the club and that jobsworths like him are one of the reasons the atmosphere's so shit now. Fact is though that 99% of people will just do what the stewards tell them to do, especially if they're threatening to chuck you out or even ban you from the next few games.

A few chaps behind me in block 34 against Fulham had a steward threaten to throw them out for singing "Stand up if you hate Woolwich" just after he'd managed to get loads of people to sit down. To be fair to them they gave him a fucking hard time for it, telling him that he was ruining the club and that jobsworths like him are one of the reasons the atmosphere's so shit now. Fact is though that 99% of people will just do what the stewards tell them to do, especially if they're threatening to chuck you out or even ban you from the next few games.
Just sit down and sing it if needs be. I know that defeats the object of the song for yourself, but it gets everyone else up you can't get kicked out for it :bae:

Posted by greatwhitenorf on glory-glory.

Quote:
The Buffalo Bills will be sold by October in an auction. While it would seem logical to move them into the far wealthier neighbouring city of Toronto, there are some who feel that the optics of such a move will create a negative backlash and cost the NFL fans in the region. Moving the Bills to another location - and they will move as Buffalo and western New York region are in a sad state financially - and moving another team into Toronto would, in an odd way, have a less antagonizing effect on the Bills current fan base and help to retain the region's current NFL fans as customers for a Toronto team.

How does this mesh with Spurs?

Toronto FC are owned by Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment with ex-AEG honcho Tim Leiweke at the helm. Remember him from Spurs bid in the Olympic stadium deal? They are in a commercial arrangement with Spurs. MLSE are immensely wealthy owning NHL, NBA and MLS franchises plus other sports, media, business and property holdings. They've been retained by Levy to assist in commercial aspects (securing naming rights?) of the stadium project. MLSE brought Leiweke on board to take their business to another level. Since they're already worth billions and earn mega-millions annually, the next level is to become part of a NFL operation. By NFL regs, they can't actually own a team. But they can build and operate the stadium.

From what I hear from within MLSE, the deal is that if they help Spurs sort out their stadium deal, the NFL sets up shop there. Wembley can't accommodate a full NFL season, Twickenham's out, Emirates aren't interested, the Olympic stadium is a pooch for sightlines, so Mega Lane it will be. It's being re-designed for that purpose. It's smaller capacity isn't an issue as it's easier to fill week-in, week-out and presents a better image for the all important TV gods. The payback is that the NFL guides a franchise into Toronto.

The Union Jags has a cute ring to it and it seems the logical choice to move to London, given Jags owner Shahid Khan also owns Fulham. But it wouldn't matter where they move to since it will be an upgrade on Jacksonville. But it might matter greatly where Buffalo Bills move to.

Coming from an American football fan, I find t very ublikely the Bills will be sold/relocated. The current ownership has been the only thing keeping it in Buffalo and that hasnt changed so I dont expect them to move.

Coming from an American football fan, I find t very ublikely the Bills will be sold/relocated. The current ownership has been the only thing keeping it in Buffalo and that hasnt changed so I dont expect them to move.
As someone who knows comparatively little about the NFL (I was pretty handy at Madden 07) I don't know about the location of the Bills though from what the quote says I thought that it was the Jacksonville Jaguars who were moving.

As an American (I don't know if your an NFL team) which one team, if you could chose would you want to move and set up shop in London?

P
Freudlyuchenkopost: 536048 said:
PeoPle have tried in the past and it hasnt worked. I doubt the Bills will be sold/relocated.

As an American (I don't know if your an NFL team) which one team, if you could chose would you want to move and set up shop in London?

Since I became a Tottenham supporter my support for other teams and sports have been pretty nonexistent. Due to proximity ive always been a Giants fan, but there is zero chance they would move. I think most likely to move would be the Jaguars. That I doubt Spurs would home them becauae of the Fulham ownership.

When I realised that the anti Stratford fans were in the vast minority, it went a long way to explaining the atmosphere inside WHL

Can you imagine the atmosphere at that dump when west ham are there with the pitch two miles away from the fans, would have been the biggest disaster in our history if we got Stratford.

Cunts, the lot of them

To be fair, some Spurs fans were generally distressed by it and just resigned to moving.

The people I found disgusting were the ones peddling shit about how we would end up a mid table club and how we had to move to progress, and how Tottenham was a shit hole anyway, and how Stratford had nice eateries and better parking etc. Dreadful stuff.

The anti Stratford fans were vilified for holding the club back and tradition was disregarded as not important for CL football. The main reason I quit GG....crawling with the cunts, and the biggest one was Scara

To be fair, some Spurs fans were generally distressed by it and just resigned to moving.

The people I found disgusting were the ones peddling shit about how we would end up a mid table club and how we had to move to progress, and how Tottenham was a shit hole anyway, and how Stratford had nice eateries and better parking etc. Dreadful stuff.

The anti Stratford fans were vilified for holding the club back and tradition was disregarded as not important for CL football. The main reason I quit GG....crawling with the cunts, and the biggest one was Scara

I really don't care if I get flamed on this, but moving to Stratford, after all the shit we've rightly given woolwich would have made us the ultimate hypocrites. And, no longer Tottenham.

Back
Top Bottom