New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I see a lot of people mentioning empty seats at Fulham. Was there as always and true at the start of the game it was a little patchy in places but it all filled up as always.
As the official attendance shows it was a sell out I don't understand why it keeps getting brought up.

The whole point of the new stadium for me is that we will lower prices for many games, and then hopefully we'll get some of the 'lost generations' back to the Lane and also attract new people.

Tell that to Woolwich, who put up their prices after their move for all games (except friendlies or unattractive cup games - as we currently do...)

Corporate hospitality is as much the reason for the upgrade as increased attendances are.

Tell that to Woolwich, who put up their prices after their move for all games (except friendlies or unattractive cup games - as we currently do...)

Corporate hospitality is as much the reason for the upgrade as increased attendances are.
I'll tell that to Woolwich and anyone else who's listening. There will be more corporate for sure, but the prices for Joe Public will have to be lower for many games as I have correctly said or else we won't sell out. Lower prices can come in all sorts of 'packages' discounts, etc. But if we want a proper crowd and atmosphere back, we should keep it simple, just have easily accessible low price tickets.Even then if we continue our current 'crowd control' policies the atmosphere will probably be as shit as it is now, and we'll have empty seats and an uninspired team at the Lane.

They'll be pricing it based partly on some conjoint analysis they did a couple of years ago. Do you remember the fan survey that went round asking how much you'd be prepared to pay to sit in different parts of the stadium? It repeated that question various times with different permutations and from the responses analysts can determine an optimum pricing level at which attendances will remain stable while limiting the discounting of ticket prices. Only if attendances severely underperform will they drop prices, but they're well aware that attendances will be massively inflated for the first 2-3 seasons purely because of people wanting to see the new stadium.

Don't expect much in the way of friendly pricing, not for the first few years anyway.

They'll be pricing it based partly on some conjoint analysis they did a couple of years ago. Do you remember the fan survey that went round asking how much you'd be prepared to pay to sit in different parts of the stadium? It repeated that question various times with different permutations and from the responses analysts can determine an optimum pricing level at which attendances will remain stable while limiting the discounting of ticket prices. Only if attendances severely underperform will they drop prices, but they're well aware that attendances will be massively inflated for the first 2-3 seasons purely because of people wanting to see the new stadium.

Don't expect much in the way of friendly pricing, not for the first few years anyway.
Good point about the 'novelty factor', LLB. Maybe for the first couple of seasons ENIC can squeeze higher prices out of Joe Public without lots of empty seats. But after that there'll need to be lower prices for many games IMO, because the alternative is more of the same shit atmosphere and home performances we've suffered this season.

For me unless we get a billionaire benefactor in, our only hope of turning the big 5 into a big 6 is a new stadium with fan friendly prices and a fan friendly atmosphere.

New stadium: The last 5 home games have been undersold. Who are are we trying to kid?
When you continaully sell your best players, never challenge for honours, and have a ballboy as manager you are always going to get empty seats for end of season training matches against the likes of Fulham
A Tottenham Hotspur FC that kept their best players, challenged for honours and showed ambition on and off the pitch would EASILY fill a 56000 stadium and more besides.

Even then if we continue our current 'crowd control' policies the atmosphere will probably be as shit as it is now, and we'll have empty seats and an uninspired team at the Lane.
I loved it when people started signing "stand up if you hate woolwich/Chelski" etc when we were all told to sit down. I think that's what we need to do in the future too, in Park Lane at least, when we're told to sit down we just need to sign something like "stand up if you like to stand" and ignore the stewards if they start kicking people out. They'll eventually have to give in, obviously don't do it in an important game because you don't want to be the unlucky bastard that gets kicked out.

How about Villa? Everyone stand the entire game and refuse to sit down.

It'd almost be like we're making a... Stand.
:adegrin:....:freund:

:chadliblow::gylfi::gomes:

I loved it when people started signing "stand up if you hate woolwich/Chelski" etc when we were all told to sit down. I think that's what we need to do in the future too, in Park Lane at least, when we're told to sit down we just need to sign something like "stand up if you like to stand" and ignore the stewards if they start kicking people out. They'll eventually have to give in, obviously don't do it in an important game because you don't want to be the unlucky bastard that gets kicked out.

How about Villa? Everyone stand the entire game and refuse to sit down.

It'd almost be like we're making a... Stand.
:adegrin:....:freund:

:chadliblow::gylfi::gomes:

Without meaning to blow my own trumpet toooo much, I did this superbly in the Southampton game. I was in row 13 I think, and the front 12 rows had been made to sit down. Knowing I was next, I belted out a "stand up if you love Tottenham" (morphed into hate Woolwich unfortunately) and within seconds the stewards were back to square (or row) 1 :adelol:

Without meaning to blow my own trumpet toooo much, I did this superbly in the Southampton game. I was in row 13 I think, and the front 12 rows had been made to sit down. Knowing I was next, I belted out a "stand up if you love Tottenham" (morphed into hate Woolwich unfortunately) and within seconds the stewards were back to square (or row) 1 :adelol:
Blow your trumpet as much as you want if it has that effect!

We do need a great stand up chant to stop the stewards. Also I don't like the "stand up if you hate..." chants, they just seem petty and pathetic.

Blow your trumpet as much as you want if it has that effect!

We do need a great stand up chant to stop the stewards. Also I don't like the "stand up if you hate..." chants, they just seem petty and pathetic.
"Stand up, if you love stewards"

They won't want to stop us signing :bae:

Although the risk is, people don't get the joke and the whole stand sits down :dawsonmean:

SpursLegend SpursLegend

u should just tell the stewards to go fuck themselves..and when the old bill come well they dont have guns so fuck them too...not sure theyd be willing to risk a riot to kick a few ppl out for standing...abit of solidarity is all that is needed my friend

the real reason is, any new stadium build in scouseland will have double the materials cost cos of all the local thievery. Just do a stand, less will get nicked.

No offense intended but you sound like someone who has never been to a premier league match

Well your wrong on that account...

Father was ST and took me to 10 plus games a yr till I was 13 at the lane..and have gone to around 30-40 games (spurs and others) since I've travelled back..I'd put that count at around 150 games plus....
2 world cups in Germany and SA and Brazils about to be my third and 1 Euro in 2008
I've been is much stickier situations than a couple of stewards at WHL and I can tell you from experience that showing solidarity will get you a lot further than you think...stewards and police will act like bully's until the risk to reward is turned upside down...generally after that they leave you alone...

Well your wrong on that account...

Father was ST and took me to 10 plus games a yr till I was 13 at the lane..and have gone to around 30-40 games (spurs and others) since I've travelled back..I'd put that count at around 150 games plus....
2 world cups in Germany and SA and Brazils about to be my third and 1 Euro in 2008
I've been is much stickier situations than a couple of stewards at WHL and I can tell you from experience that showing solidarity will get you a lot further than you think...stewards and police will act like bully's until the risk to reward is turned upside down...generally after that they leave you alone...

I don't disagree in principle but my experience sitting in park lane lower for 6 years is that if you act up at all you get the boot. I was sat just a gee seats away from the girl who famously crawled onto the tv gantry and brandished a 'say no to Stratford' banner in front of the cameras during half time of (I think) a European game.
Loads of us around her and her dad tried to protect her and remonstrate with the stewards but they stil managed to nick her and several other people who got a bit emotional about it all.

jimmyriggle jimmyriggle

I don't doubt it's not like the good old days where there was blocks of ppl that new each other and were like minded.. These days ur unlikely to know more than two ppl around and you and thus solidarity probably isn't in abundance...what annoys me the most is there's probably heaps of ppl who attend regularly and hate the stewarding as much as you and me do who remain divided, yet together could make a real stand...I mean organise a protest where everyone stands and remains utterly silent for 5 mins...release stuff in the media, get across where not hooligans merely supporters who want to vocally support our club...

Back
Top Bottom