New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Also, you can't see shit if you're at the back of one of those stands with the overhang of the level above.

Anyone who's been to Lords will appreciate this, it's like watching the game through a letterbox.

Down to the bare bones...or the big hunk of metal holding the roof up...

CmOa5QnWUAE1FQb.jpg

CmOa5QaWUAIwiPD.jpg

I'm popping by there tomorrow...
I don't suppose I can just waltz in and get a disused brick from the old Stadium, can I... Even if I ask nicely!?

I'm popping by there tomorrow...
I don't suppose I can just waltz in and get a disused brick from the old Stadium, can I... Even if I ask nicely!?
I think the only brick of any real significance, well for me at least, would be from the East Stand. Everything else is just meh.

Mind you I was shown what the pikies were selling off from their campsite, things like toilet signs for £200, so well worth a rummage through a few skips because you would have to lock me up and have me certified if you caught me spunking £200 on a bog sign.

According to Wikipedia...
On 21 August 2009 Tottenham Hotspur made a Stock Exchange announcement that it was issuing 30 million new shares aimed at raising £15 million to fund the first stage of the proposed development. The funds specifically relate to the professional costs required to advance the project to the point where a full planning application can be submitted. The club's major shareholder, ENIC International Ltd subscribed to take up 27.8 million of the shares.The club have also bid for an investment from the Regional Growth Fund (RGF). A decision is still awaited.

On 22 July 2011, supporter group Supporting Our Future submitted a proposal for a £50 million funding initiative to Spurs to support the Northumberland Development Project by way of a Community Share scheme. This proposal was presented after polling Spurs fans on their views of the club and Northumberland Park Development, and extensive consultation with the club, Haringey Council, and Supporters Direct.

The club announced in April 2014 that it had divested some 'non-core' properties to the west of the High Road relating to phase 1 of the project to TH Property Limited, a subsidiary of ENIC, with the proceeds used to pay down debt secured against those properties.

I guess the rest will be paid for by the naming rights and whatever money is down the back of the sofa in Joe's luxury yacht

This has shown up on SSC, a comparison between our "old" new design and the Olympic stadium, look at all the fucking seats outside our stadium!!! Apparently in our later design our seats are even closer to the pitch.
86853ee4d2bf29ac2a59bf4400f82dc1.jpg

This has shown up on SSC, a comparison between our "old" new design and the Olympic stadium, look at all the fucking seats outside our stadium!!! Apparently in our later design our seats are even closer to the pitch.
Obviously not correct, because I've heard all sorts of things from Karren Brady about how the fans will be seated very close to the pitch.

Everyone knows that the blueprints don't dictate where the fans sit when they simply will themselves to BELIEVE that the running track doesn't exist and they're floating in midair sitting on bubbles.

You can take the athletes out of the athletics stadium but you cant take the....oh, fuck, this isn't going to work. Point is, it's still an athletics stadium they have. Just look at the profile of the seating. So pleased I am a Spurs fan not a West Ham one. Fuck me.

Back
Top Bottom