New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Put the fucking phone away and get back to work you fucking shirker...
Js1R8jt.jpg

Go on Danny Boy..

Tottenham Hotspur chairman Daniel Levy is again living up to his reputation after reportedly setting club staff the target of securing a £50million deal for a the new stadium naming rights and kit supplier.

The story came from the Mail’s Charles Sale who has a good record of inside knowledge at the club. Tottenham’s current £10 million-a-year kit deal with Under Armour has one year left to run and have already agreed a successor in the form of Nike which is said to be worth £25million-a-year.

Now Levy wants the naming rights of the new White Hart Lane stadium to bring in a further £25million-a-year to bolster the club’s revenue. To put this in comparison, West Ham’s naming rights of the Olympic Stadium with Mahindra are said to be worth £5million per season.

Construction work on the new 61,000 capacity stadium is picking up pace with the plan for it to be ready by the start of the 2018/19 season.

If anyone can manage to secure such a high return on naming rights, it’ll be our Danny. Although Chelsea are also said to be in the market to bring in a sponsor to re-name Stamford Bridge.

Some stadium "ITK" from ssc...
"was given some info yesterday from a mate of mine who is a builder. He's mates with the project manager at WHL who also worked on the Emirates and the Olympic Stadium.

Anyway things are all on schedule, the stuff being banded about regarding the NE corner is all correct, so will be a reduced capacity next season. Levy is constantly on the phone to him which isn't going down too well. Levy went to the states within the last few weeks and was blown away by a stadium whose club shop covered 3 floors and now wants to change our plans to the same which will need changes to the basement. I assumed that that this meant the west stand but on reflection isn't the shop meant to be another building, so am confused slightly with this.

The Wembley deal has had to be all agreed again, hence why it's taking so long to be confirmed. Apparently Levy screwed them over initially but it wasn't signed off by someone with the right authority. Not knowing how these things work, it seems somewhat strange that something so major get screwed up like that."

I've never liked the pub atmosphere so always head straight to the ground grabbing a burger along the way. Many of the tourists will want the franchise experience within the stadium as that is what they expect. I think a lot of the older fans are the ones that want pie and pint. As mentioned by mouse mouse Tottenham the area is culturally diverse and half a mile from the ground can be found Caribbean food, Kebabs, Fish n Chips, Mackies, KFC... The loss of the heritage buildings is sad but as we are now in the 21st century sometimes we have to accept change for the improvement and the future of the area as a whole. The monies generated not just for the club but the borough of Haringey will hopefully go a long way to rebuilding a very run down part of London.
Mackies? Where do you get Scottish Ice-cream?

Would a reduced capacity not meet UEFA standards or is it just money?

As far as I understand is that once you've taken out the seats in the North Stand that are rumoured to be disappearing, away allocations, usual club tickets, sponsors, UEFA tickets, seats that can't be used due to bigger ad hoardings etc .....there wouldn't be enough seats left for season ticket holders.

Back
Top Bottom