New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is such an exciting project sometimes it's difficult to believe that it's actually happening.
I spent too long on a blog where the anti Levy/Enic spin got to the point of stupidity.
The blog actually spent more time focusing on it's political agenda and ignored the facts both on & off the pitch.
The quality of the build is such that money will be queuing up to get a piece of the action...and it's not just the stadium...the new training
facilities and the future 'hospitality' addition just up the ante.
Add in the proposed Crossrail 2 (North/South) and the fact that I can fly to Stansted from my location in SW France, hop on the Stansted Express,
alight at Tottenham Hale, make for the bar and my room at the new hotel....et voila!
The thing about Crossrail 2 is that it won't be ready until the earliest at 2030...... Jesus, I'll be in my 30s then :eriksenserious:.

But when it does, I'll be able to take the mini-Freudlyuchenko's to The Lane in only 3 stops! :sonlol:

As a first class business location, Enfield has ambitious proposals to further strengthen its position as an employment area of strategic importance within London.

By introducing a stretch of third track, services to all stations along the route will be improved, in particular Angel Road Station, which is key to unlocking the £1.5 billion proposed development at Meridian Water.

This will also provide a fast, reliable service to Stansted and other destinations outside London and will also meet the needs of local residents and businesses through enhanced station access arrangements, alongside service improvements to provide 4 stopping trains per hour.

A new 3rd Track between Stratford and Angel Road has been approved after £74 million of investment by Network Rail and the Greater London Authority with completion due in 2018.

In order to ensure a regular and reliable service to meet the growing needs of businesses and residents, additional track needs to be provided all the way to Brimsdown and beyond. As well as unlocking development in Enfield, this proposal will also provide beneficial improvements for partners across a large part of North and East London as well further afield including Stansted.

The funding is now in place to deliver a new Meridian Water station in 2018, Angel Road station will be renamed Meridian Water Station

In the longer term, it is looking increasingly likely that Crossrail 2 could extend up to the Lee Valley by 2030, transforming the areas connectivity by providing quick and easy access to central London, the rest of the UK and international destinations.

Big news....well the guys on skyscrapercity are getting very excited...
CHES0cJ.jpg

What you see are the first visible parts of the actual stadium, here they are highlighted...
P1qBoQS.jpg

Here's how they look on the foundation blueprints...
LgcaohT.jpg

The large square hole to their left is said to be where one of the main stadium
supports will be...

does the non believer still not believe its happening??
John Thomas John Thomas thoughts?

Not much worth posting at the minute, however 8th December is a day to note on your calendars...it's when the Haringey planning committee meet to decide whether to grant permission on the new stadium plans....Historic England and Save Britain's Heritage are apparently going to kick up a stink if we get the go ahead to knock down two buildings they've never gave a fuck about until now.

Some stadium ITKer has also said that we may even move out next season according to the chat coming out of Spurs staff, can't see it myself as I'm sure Levy will want to make a whole song and dance out of the final season...

Back
Top Bottom