New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We know how this has to go...

B-SJXrbIMAEFNL8.jpg:large
:ledleylick:

If we have abolished the plans to stay whilst we are building, not use the original stages, and move away for one season, as to comply with 'premier league rules', I wonder how Liverpool are going to 'comply' whilst adding another 2 tiers to their main stand and then redeveloping the anfield road end in 'phase 2' all whilst still playing there and losing no crowd numbers.
Are they going to put 2 tiers onto their main stand, redevelop the interior and realign the tunnel in 3 months close season?
I would think it's all about time for us moving away, not about safety issues with playing in a stadium which has a new one being built next door and then playing in one which has one stand still being built.
Obviously you build faster that way.
So, what are the rules we have to comply with?

If we have abolished the plans to stay whilst we are building, not use the original stages, and move away for one season, as to comply with 'premier league rules', I wonder how Liverpool are going to 'comply' whilst adding another 2 tiers to their main stand and then redeveloping the anfield road end in 'phase 2' all whilst still playing there and losing no crowd numbers.
Are they going to put 2 tiers onto their main stand, redevelop the interior and realign the tunnel in 3 months close season?
I would think it's all about time for us moving away, not about safety issues with playing in a stadium which has a new one being built next door and then playing in one which has one stand still being built.
I think it means that if you move, it has to be for a complete season. You can't play in two different stadiums in one season.

I'm not talking about that at all. In order to get a noisy new WHL, the crowd must be close to the action.

Excuse me, not aimed at you VirginiaSpur VirginiaSpur , more a general point, but I don't fucking care what kind of atmosphere NFL generate.

You never been to Seattle then,it's incrediclbly loud.if the NFL pay half our costs for a ten year lease,it good for me.We get massive exporsure around the world.
I go every NFL game at wembley ,we should do our best to get a franchise at WHL.

You never been to Seattle then,it's incrediclbly loud.if the NFL pay half our costs for a ten year lease,it good for me.We get massive exporsure around the world.
I go every NFL game at wembley ,we should do our best to get a franchise at WHL.

I don't even know where to start with this one.

A franchise, hate that corporate word, sounds too much like Woolwich Arsescum leaving their base and moving their franchise to Islington and we all know enough about that shit, soulless. Not saying Seattle Seahawks are but they at least kept themselves in Seattle when apparently they were at one point looking to move their 'franchise' to California and all the better for it.

I was told second hand from a mate dealing with the stadium manager that the reason for needing to move was down to the stadium redesign - previously the roof could be built in stages, now it has to be built in one.

I was told second hand from a mate dealing with the stadium manager that the reason for needing to move was down to the stadium redesign - previously the roof could be built in stages, now it has to be built in one.
That's the point I was trying to make. We haven't really been given an official explanation as to why we cannot stay at the lane as in the original plan.
Is it because of all the delays or a new design? When I look at the original plans and what is being done with the ground work it look very similar to me.
Originally The Paxton end was going to be in the middle of the new bowl and the shelf side aligned with the new east stand bowl, just as it is in the work being done If you look at the groundwork pictures.

We haven't really been given an official explanation as to why we cannot stay at the lane as in the original plan.

Could be wrong, but I seem to remember them saying that due to the delays the quickest way to finish the stadium is to play away from home.

That's the point I was trying to make. We haven't really been given an official explanation as to why we cannot stay at the lane as in the original plan.
Is it because of all the delays or a new design? When I look at the original plans and what is being done with the ground work it look very similar to me.
Originally The Paxton end was going to be in the middle of the new bowl and the shelf side aligned with the new east stand bowl, just as it is in the work being done If you look at the groundwork pictures.

Why are you expecting an official explanation? They've been no less secretive about the plans than any other private company would be about a property development.

I can't think of a single other non-public funded property development that has so many people feeling like they need up to the minute reports on what's happening.

Because that plan would have been a nightmare to execute and it's much easier, quicker, and cheaper to proceed on construction in its entirety rather than build and finish sections at a time.

Heard some interesting gossip this morning. Mate's dad was in church at the weekend and sitting near/next to the owner of Archway. The Archway owner was chatting to his mate/relative, and my mate's old man overhead their discussion on the new stadium. Apparently after numerous discussions, Spurs had offered £10m for Archway to fuck off, but they were still holding out for £13m. As result of the CPO decision, they are getting the sum total of £3m from Spurs to jog on.

LMFAO.

Heard some interesting gossip this morning. Mate's dad was in church at the weekend and sitting near/next to the owner of Archway. The Archway owner was chatting to his mate/relative, and my mate's old man overhead their discussion on the new stadium. Apparently after numerous discussions, Spurs had offered £10m for Archway to fuck off, but they were still holding out for £13m. As result of the CPO decision, they are getting the sum total of £3m from Spurs to jog on.

LMFAO.

Bloody idiots

:levylol:

Back
Top Bottom