New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's interesting to note that a question I kept asking as to whether Haringey had started 'eviction proceedings' against Archway giving up on the appeal process has now been answered.

It seems the process began on March 6 according to this from the OS.

'Haringey Council has now started the legal CPO process that will culminate with the land price being determined by the Lands Chamber of the Upper Tribunal. On 6 March 2015 the Council published and served a Notice of Intention to execute a General Vesting Declaration in respect of the CPO land (which includes the Archway land). Service of this notice allows Haringey Council to execute a General Vesting Declaration from 7 May 2015.'

So proceedings had begun before the 'Mar 13' deadline, but neither the club nor the Council chose to publicise that fact AFAIK. Would have saved a lot of debate if they had (though doubtless caused as much or more as well :)

Anyway, my feeling that the Council was able to start the eviction process prior to Mar 13 has been validated.:)

JOINT STATEMENT
Posted on 31 March 2015 - 17:00

Tottenham Hotspur Football Club, Archway Sheet Metal Works Ltd and the Josif Family (Archway) are delighted to announce that a private agreement has been reached for the purchase of Archway’s property on Paxton Road by the Club.
new_nets_730.jpg

In order to allow Archway to relocate its business appropriately, the Club will not take possession of the land until later this year.

NORTHUMBERLAND DEVELOPMENT PROJECT UPDATE
Posted on 31 March 2015 - 17:30

We were delighted to announce earlier that we have reached agreement for the acquisition of the final piece of land required to complete the land assembly for the new stadium redevelopment scheme and will take possession of this land later this year.
new_nets_730.jpg

We shall engage with our financial advisors, planning consultants and Haringey Council to progress matters now that we have certainty of possession.

As we have previously reported, the Club has used the intervening period during the CPO process productively in order to refine the detailed design of the stadium, which was originally produced in 2008, to ensure it is optimised and that it meets the latest technical requirements and improvements in stadia design.

We have already commenced pre development and site clearance works and will shortly submit, to Haringey Council, an application for a minor material amendment to our planning permission for consent for a basement level on the new stadium site.

Our intention is to move the already consented car parking into the basement level, alongside plant and furniture storage, in order to allow us to free up space at the ground floor level to be allocated to other operational requirements including enhanced media facilities and extended player changing areas.

Chairman, Daniel Levy said, “Our commitment is to find the best solution for the Club, our supporters and our community. It will be our new home for many years to come and we want it to be world class.

“We are aware that both our fans and the local community are eager to see the stadium delivered as soon as possible and we shall be working to do so. I must however urge patience in the interests of getting the best possible outcome for all and ensuring that we progress diligently. It is a hugely complex and large-scale project."

We look forward to updating all stakeholders in the coming months.

Pleased that we've sorted out the Archway situation.
One problem with any major changes now might be that we would need new planning permission. I'm quite happy with 56,000 capacity, as long as there's scope to extend it at a later date. For me the key thing is I hope we don't have to move to a temporary home, that makes me nervous.

Pleased that we've sorted out the Archway situation.
One problem with any major changes now might be that we would need new planning permission. I'm quite happy with 56,000 capacity, as long as there's scope to extend it at a later date. For me the key thing is I hope we don't have to move to a temporary home, that makes me nervous.
It's 61,000 - the 56,000 was an older design.

All this optimization due to a car park? Where is the capacity-raise? The new architects? The naming-rights sponsor?
:pochserious:

The car park thing is actually really good news, as it frees up a lot of space around the stadium. If you look at pictures the amount of land we now have is massive and this makes expanding in future incredibly easy. Not the most exciting news, but it hints at things to come.

It's 61,000 - the 56,000 was an older design.
Joe you may well be ITK on this.
But AFAIK, the capacity of the last official set of plans we saw was 56,000(ish). Furthermore any change to 61k is liable to need planning permission.

So we'll see what happens.

My priorities are that the new stadium is built ASAP, and preferably without moving to a temporary home.

If the club feel a new, ( and presumably bigger) design is the way forward, fair enough. I'm not a big fan of ENIC, and I'm a worrier by nature when it comes to Spurs, so I won't be singing ENIC's praises on the new stadium too loudly until I see it happen.

Back
Top Bottom