New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

According to report of the sale of Upton Park in 2014 the Pikeys sold the stadium to Gillard for only 20 million ( a sum which seems strangely cheap given the development has 838 "homes" planned there - £23800 per flat ? ) and they sold "cheap" so to offer a long lasting legacy for the area blah blah fucking Blah.

Roll forward to 2015 and this is the state of play with them breaking the rules...which part is Legacy ?

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/feb/24/newham-residents-social-housing-west-ham

Or

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...llage-to-have-no-social-housing-10084156.html

It's Comical and the decision not to comment by Baroness Shit Stain of Kensington says a lot about how much these cunts care about the social legacy they promised their community (Quote: West Ham football club did not want to comment on the planning application. But it explains that the developer, Galliard Homes, was chosen because of its origins in east London. It points to Galliard’s “impresive links with the local community” and its commitment to honouring the legacy of the club, which was originally the works team of shipbuilders Thames Iron Works)

I'd rather play @ the Valley for a year & I'd rather go M k than West Ham.....hell I'd rather we played on Hackney Marshes than stain our history by going there ! Hate them

Last edited:
A part of London that takes grot to a level even our own home borough can't match ! Don't even like the idea of my shoes walking on the pavement there when I've been before !!

Agreed.

Been there only once - and went to the Boleyn pub for a pint - a) to see what it was like, and b) so I could wet fart on the seats in there.

The barman nearly caught me out when I opened my wallet as it held me spurs membership card in there in the visible pocket bit! Closed it in a hurry.

Agreed.

Been there only once - and went to the Boleyn pub for a pint - a) to see what it was like, and b) so I could wet fart on the seats in there.

The barman nearly caught me out when I opened my wallet as it held me spurs membership card in there in the visible pocket bit! Closed it in a hurry.
You should have seen what it was like in the 80s...Now that was fun :)
About 13 of us had been drinking in the old great Eastern Hotel bar(long gone) at Liverpool Street before heading off to West ham.
On arrival and in our semi drunken state we decided a quick pint in the Boleyn would be a good idea.it was about 14:50,most people would be making their way into the Ground wouldn't they?
We walked in ,the pub was still fairly busy and everyone was singing "Bubbles".this stopped abruptly to a man! A split seconds silence and staring in our direction they then started singing "we hate Tottenham etc etc "
This lasted about 30 seconds before they went that extra mile to make us feel welcome by launching glasses in our direction...
Character building, I think they call it ..Ah the memories

You should have seen what it was like in the 80s...Now that was fun :)
About 13 of us had been drinking in the old great Eastern Hotel bar(long gone) at Liverpool Street before heading off to West ham.
On arrival and in our semi drunken state we decided a quick pint in the Boleyn would be a good idea.it was about 14:50,most people would be making their way into the Ground wouldn't they?
We walked in ,the pub was still fairly busy and everyone was singing "Bubbles".this stopped abruptly to a man! A split seconds silence and staring in our direction they then started singing "we hate Tottenham etc etc "
This lasted about 30 seconds before they went that extra mile to make us feel welcome by launching glasses in our direction...
Character building, I think they call it ..Ah the memories

Lol fucking hell! You get hit by any of those glasses?!!

Should've piled into 'em :adegrin2:

How long are we going to be groundless? if its just a season surely the option to play every game away with increased allocations makes sense? (especially as our away for is better than home)

No, we left the place.It wasn't a fighting mob I was with and there were at least 70 of the beasts from the east.
No one was hit by the glasses. Maybe they were just warning shots ;)

Remember going there a few times when they had the old metal detectors, kicked off heavily one time all the way back upto upton park station and just about made it onto a train and then saw a load of spurs try and stick a west ham fan down onto the track between carriages, never heard screaming like it....luckily they backed down and gave him a good shoeing in the end.

Nah the egg chasers sing it - the UK is a weird place on stuff like this.....its only what people decide to be offended by that matters.

Rugby is considered to not be racist, despite only a handful of ethnic minorities playing for England and few attending games.

Eh? 5 out of the starting 15 for England against France on Saturday are Black or of mixed race.

There is an alternative; and it is one that has happened many times between great rivals; ground share with the mongs down the road.

Now here me out; I live around the corner so I could be there really, really quickly.

This is the best I can offer....oh, and tat dump might finally hear some passionate fans (except when we're being well moody).

Terrible idea....back to the glue sniffing.

Back
Top Bottom