New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Because even if I did have the money, as repeatedly explained, I don't think it's worth the time or effort. I can spend 10 hours+ on a football game, including travel, or 2 hours and save money. I can't afford the time and I can't afford the money.
And there we have it. Nothing more need be said on the topic.

Pic_Etihad_Stadium_full.jpg

Not sure why the stadium atmosphere is so bad, which it is. When I've been it seems to mostly be a family-friendly crowd and most people aren't singing or chanting. Could have something to do with the fact it was an Athletics stadium that was converted? Not sure. Would be interesting if anyone who knows a lot about stadium design could give some insights.
Probably because selling tickets for a tenner to half fill your stadium to watch a team built on petro-dollars doesn't results in getting real fans through the door. As you are a perfect example of.

On reason why I'm not too adverse paying £50-£60 a ticket for Spurs - it makes it too expensive for most day trippers to bother buying a ticket.

I don't think Nike will Sponsor us. We're not popular enough for them, to put it bluntly. Look at the teams they sponsor; United, Man City :adegrin:, PSG, Barcelona, Juve, Inter Milan...basically teams who win titles or are world-known. It simply doesn't benefit them to give us a few million a year, they've already got brand awareness.
Blackburn, Charlton, Leyton Orient, Peterborough, Southend, Sedan, SM Caen, Tours, Stade Brest, Dynamo Dresden, Eintracht Braunschweig, Hertha Berlin, Atalanta, Hellas Verona, Venezia, Academica, Dundee United, Hibernian, Almeria, Hercules, Levante, Belize, Estonia, Finland, Hong Kong, Slovenia, Tahiti...

To name a few.

Needless to say, there's certainly a chance! :pochsmirk:

Personally would prefer Adidas.

This is the part thats a tad confusing to me....not really sure how many appeals there can be.

They were served a CPO. They appealed it and lost.
How many chances do they get here?

They can appeal as long as the court agrees to hear the appeal. They case we just went through was itself an appeal, as was the one before that. What we need is the court to say no, we're not going to hear that appeal. Or, better still, Archway make a statement today that they aren't going to appeal, the 21 day appeal window "slams shut" and we can stop worrying about it.

And if its over, why cant we just start building?

Because we don't own the land yet. The CPO says Archway have to sell, but until the sale is completed and Spurs own the land we can't knock down their buildings. We have to go through the process of making the offer (that's the "notice to treat" which is part of any purchase - you do the same thing by taking a bag of crisps to the counter), them formally accepting it, transferring land docs etc and agreeing a completion date.

To your other question - why can't we start on the rest of the site we already do own - well we have done, we've knocked down everything else and are working on foundations etc.

And there we have it. Nothing more need be said on the topic.

Probably because selling tickets for a tenner to half fill your stadium to watch a team built on petro-dollars doesn't results in getting real fans through the door. As you are a perfect example of.

On reason why I'm not too adverse paying £50-£60 a ticket for Spurs - it makes it too expensive for most day trippers to bother buying a ticket.

Blackburn, Charlton, Leyton Orient, Peterborough, Southend, Sedan, SM Caen, Tours, Stade Brest, Dynamo Dresden, Eintracht Braunschweig, Hertha Berlin, Atalanta, Hellas Verona, Venezia, Academica, Dundee United, Hibernian, Almeria, Hercules, Levante, Belize, Estonia, Finland, Hong Kong, Slovenia, Tahiti...

To name a few.

Needless to say, there's certainly a chance! :pochsmirk:

Personally would prefer Adidas.
In his defence, a lot of teams with Nike (or other big brands) don't really have Nike deals but purchase them from a third party vendor and aren't really "sponsorship" deals as such.

That said to argue Spurs aren't "big enough" to get a Nike deal is patently absurd.

In his defence, a lot of teams with Nike (or other big brands) don't really have Nike deals but purchase them from a third party vendor and aren't really "sponsorship" deals as such.

That said to argue Spurs aren't "big enough" to get a Nike deal is patently absurd.
Ta. I believe they are all official Nike kit sponsorships though. Absurd to suggest they only sponsor 'top' clubs in each country.

How many of those teams want £10+ mill a year? You could probably buy most of that list for £10 mil a year.

Ta. I believe they are all official Nike kit sponsorships though. Absurd to suggest they only sponsor 'top' clubs in each country.

They only invest real money in the top teams, as does Adidas, to win brand awareness. Sure, they might invest a few pennys into L1 or L2 sides...for the exact same reason. But it's small enough to be negligible. They don't need to sponsor 3-4 big teams in a single league, as even 2 is enough.

Simply doesn't make sense for Nike to come and Sponsor us, when their gain is 0.

Last edited:
How many of those teams want £10+ mill a year? You could probably buy most of that list for £10 mil a year.

They only invest real money in the top teams, as does Adidas, to win brand awareness. Sure, they might invest a few pennys into L1 or L2 sides...for the exact same reason. But it's small enough to be negligible. They don't need to sponsor 3-4 big teams in a single league, as even 2 is enough.

Simply doesn't make sense for Nike to come and Sponsor us, when their gain is 0. New £700 million deal with United...Are they really gonna spend even more on Sponsorship after that, on a team in the same league? Doubt it.
Adidas signed the £700m deal with Man Utd not Nike. Nike actually did the numbers and it wouldn't have worked for them. Due to Adidad paying that much for Man Utd they've had to drop Andy Murray, won't renew the England cricket team and might have to drop the Lions.

Adidas signed the £700m deal with Man Utd not Nike. Nike actually did the numbers and it wouldn't have worked for them. Due to Adidad paying that much for Man Utd they've had to drop Andy Murray, won't renew the England cricket team and might have to drop the Lions.
I think Murray did the dropping there, not the other way around

Re: Adidas' ridiculously expensive deal with Man United... At what point are you, as a sponsor, not just paying over the odds in the assumption they'll succeed, but are actually giving them so much money that your intervention gives them a distinct advantage?

Another example of the football establishment consolidating power with the top teams.
Like waiting for a select few to climb to the top of the ladder then greasing the middle rungs.

Champions League essentially the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom