New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fair point, but I'd also wager that there is less cultural relevance to the purple than AIA has with red (I.e. A lucky colour in Asia).

They've likely settled for the red on the home shirt because we play enough matches in that kit to satisfy them.

All this 'Lucky Red in Asia'... what about London?? What's London's lucky colour??

Actually, it's probably red as well!

In the Chinese Year of the Cockerel the irony that i'm even questioning the 'lucky properties' of the colour Red in the far East is not lost on me... believe me!

But seriously Navy and White are our home colours... not Gold (sorry 'Heritage Fans') not yellow... and certainly not RED!

I just wanna know what's so offensive to sticking to two main colours for the kit? (home or away)
Any additional change to the Collar, Trim, sponsors logo on a white (home) shirt, should all be Navy...
and on a Navy (away) shirt, they should all be contrasting white... seriously where's the problem?

Everything else is just needless, airy flim-flam...
yeah, I said it; FLIM-FLAM!

Well... I'd say that a vast percentage of our fanbase wear the same 'lucky' pants/socks/hat/bra/butt-plug (ladiees?!) on a match-day...
...for fear of not doing so would surely cause our players (who have no knowledge, nor care what we're wearing) to somehow, inexplicably spontaneously combust, just 'cos Kevin in Block 32 forgot to wear his lucky 'Y'Fronts!

How not to do it. Juve what h be you done?

It's terrific. Will work well on all forms of merchandise and looks like the logo of luxury brand - which is important as clubs try to find new non-traditional revenue streams and effectively becomes brand in and of themselves. Someone said it looks like it should be on an espresso machine and that's exactly the concept here.

It's consistently replicable, it's immediately identifiable, it works in any language and country and it works both as a stand alone logo or part of a wordmark (i.e "Juventus" spelled out).

No shocker it's an Italian club that makes a move like this - the masters of design and artistry, especially for luxury brands.

I just want;
White Shirt + Navy Shorts/Socks HOME
Navy Shirt + White Shorts/Socks; AWAY
ALL White; Europe
ALL Yellow or Sky Blue; 3rd kit (if you must!)

That's all. Nothing more, nothing less.
Is that too much to ask?

Purple / Maroon

qr-logo-04.jpg

It's clearly aubergine

:levyeyes:

Back
Top Bottom