New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hope we do change it. Personally I'd like to see the exact same Cock & Ball as we do now, it's the best cock and ball we have had to date. But, I'd like to see it inside a shield and the best shield(s) we have had in our history was our 1st and the ever so slightly changed one of the 50's into the 60's. It would be a welcome nod to our past when everything at the club is looking to the future.

I don't know how they will manage this to do this, to be honest. I just don't see them adding additional design elements to the badge without the club releasing a new one first. They could theoretically slap the existing logo onto a patch, I guess, and have that put onto the shirt but I can't possibly see them do that.

The logo is everywhere and I just can't see how you can mess with it at all on the shirt without changing it everywhere else as well.

It's fine how it is & I do t see a reason to change it. I think our current crest/logo is universally liked

I don't know how they will manage this to do this, to be honest. I just don't see them adding additional design elements to the badge without the club releasing a new one first. They could theoretically slap the existing logo onto a patch, I guess, and have that put onto the shirt but I can't possibly see them do that.

The logo is everywhere and I just can't see how you can mess with it at all on the shirt without changing it everywhere else as well.
You can. A good example of the is Ferrari. All Scudaria (team, implied competition racing) has their prancing horse on a shield. The Prancing Horse without a shield applies to the "Company" and all non-competition departments. So, in theory you could bring in a changed badge for the "team" and you could keep the existing for all other n

I'm not saying that you can't do it, but it is pretty rare for that to happen.There are certain creative liberties that a company will allow for, in unique situations, their logo but these are usually closely reviewed and have to stay within certain parameters of their brand guidelines. Realistically, the shirt is probably the single-most important use of the club's badge, so you would think that any deviations of it on the shirt would be carried throughout the entire club's usage of it.

Again, it could happen and I'm not saying that it's impossible that they would do something stylistically different for next year's shirt, but I find it highly unlikely.
Of cause, but the Kit is probably the easiest thing to change as there is a brand new one launched every single year, along with new training gear. We've probably changed ours 14 or 15 times before (more if you include commemorative ones). Citeh have changed theirs 3 or 4 times in 8yrs.

A border would not surprise me at all. I don't think we will see any change to the logo itself, but as has been pointed out, our logo is not as prominent as it could be. It looks equal in prominence to the kit brand under armor for instance, on our current shirt. It makes sense to resolve that, and now is the time to do it as the new version will be all over the new stadium.

The mock-ups of the new stadium have the same problem, that actually the NFL logo stands out more than our own logo, because it is broader. The only option to make ours more prominent is to make ours bigger (taller) but that probably isn't possible on shirts and in some other circumstances. Maybe we put the outline of the stadium around the logo - chicken and the egg?. :pochshock:

I'd agree, especially considering that the minimalist redesign wasn't very long ago - but if there was ever a time to tweak the badge, then it's the end of this season.

That way, we'd have the new branding lined up for the superficial fittings of the new stadium, the fans would have a full season to get used to the new design, and there wouldn't be any obvious 'leaks' that would inevitably happen when you're slapping the logo everywhere in the building site.

You can just see Levy wanting to have the badge perfect rather than spend extra money improving it in five/ten years' time.
:levywtf:

We'll also be wanting something that can accommodate a few stars above it in the next ten years, am I right Poch?
:pochsmirk:

As long as we change our name to Spurs London FC I dont really care....preferably make the badge a little cartoony, with bubble writing.

Whack in some Group 4 security guards for stewards, a slide, a trampoline, a greyhound track and order 61,000 telescopes and we will definately win the World Cup, or maybe even the Simod or something.

How not to do it. Juve what h be you done?

Only a few posts up there you were mentioning Ferrari and their prancing horse. Looks like Juve weren't listening and have decided to ditch all that is great about their crest/badge.

Imagine if some millennial design hipster thought to just create THFC in modern font as our badge.

:lamelaaghh:

TH
FC

Only a few posts up there you were mentioning Ferrari and their prancing horse. Looks like Juve weren't listening and have decided to ditch all that is great about their crest/badge.

Imagine if some millennial design hipster thought to just create THFC in modern font as our badge.

:lamelaaghh:

TH
FC
Oddly enough they have gone back to one of, if not their oldest ever emblem, which was a J. But like ours was just an H. Not everything old is great.

Oddly enough they have gone back to one of, if not their oldest ever emblem, which was a J. But like ours was just an H. Not everything old is great.

This is what it would look like on the kit, not so bad here I guess...

C2U5KDzXgAAtMIf.jpg

Back
Top Bottom