New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've just seen this training top.

I remember buying an Under Armour training top over the official shirt a couple of seasons back. It's almost like they purposely design the training tops to be more traditional for those who don't like the home or away shirts.

Last edited:
I've just seen this training top.

I remember buying an Under Armour training top over the official shirt a couple of seasons back. It's almost like they purposely design the training tops to be more traditional for those who don't like the home or away shirts.

Just that with AIA in blue as the logo, would be fucking perfect.

...we are the 6th most followed club on twitter (same on other social media/digital platforms)
CiluCn0WEAAgECL.jpg

Why do I not even have to zoom in to know who will be 1st??!

If Social media profile IS so important, then I expect the UArseanal kit to be announced any day now!

(Just realised it WAS Man Utd after all... DAMMIT!)
But 2nd...(1st in August... they just fell away by the end of the season... hmmm ironic!)
... you get my drift!

Why do I not even have to zoom in to know who will be 1st??!

If Social media profile IS so important, then I expect the UArseanal kit to be announced any day now!

(Just realised it WAS Man Utd after all... DAMMIT!)
But 2nd...(1st in August... they just fell away by the end of the season... hmmm ironic!)
... you get my drift!
Why is our hashtag #coys and not #thfc?

Must be off putting for those who have no idea what the acronym means

Daily Mail running the story about how chelsea have gazumped us with the nike deal...

Rivalry between Chelsea and Tottenham to flare up again

Looks like we've been Levy'd again.

Imagine we wont want to announce any deal soon as chelseas deal will piss all over it.
I wish sponsors/kit makers wouldn't touch Chelsea simply because of what a shit stain they are to football.

Yes, I know the economics behind it make sense to Nike - but personally I wouldn't want the chavs anywhere near my brand. There's more net hate *insert Moh picture* out there for them than love, surely?

Edit: unfortunately, even if this is true...

Then we don't come out of it (when juxtaposing with the Chelsea deal) looking like we've done great business. Even though it's definitely an improvement for us!

I wish sponsors/kit makers wouldn't touch Chelsea simply because of what a shit stain they are to football.

Yes, I know the economics behind it make sense to Nike - but personally I wouldn't want the chavs anywhere near my brand. There's more net hate *insert Moh picture* out there for them than love, surely?

Edit: unfortunately, even if this is true...

Then we don't come out of it (when juxtaposing with the Chelsea deal) looking like we've done great business. Even though it's definitely an improvement for us!

Are the Chavs that much of a juggernault that £60m a year represents a good deal? In reality are they shirt sellers like the Dippers and Utd? I certainly don't think so and think, their deal will be a bad one for Nike once they realise they cannot sell that amount of merch.

We as a club offer a far better investment, especially for our direction, the new stadium and potential NFL tie ups. We will represent good business, if we prosper surely we would be a good renegotiation position. £25m a year is £15m more than we were getting with UA.

IThen we don't come out of it (when juxtaposing with the Chelsea deal) looking like we've done great business. Even though it's definitely an improvement for us!

Are the Chavs that much of a juggernault that £60m a year represents a good deal? In reality are they shirt sellers like the Dippers and Utd? I certainly don't think so and think, their deal will be a bad one for Nike once they realise they cannot sell that amount of merch.

We as a club offer a far better investment, especially for our direction, the new stadium and potential NFL tie ups. We will represent good business, if we prosper surely we would be a good renegotiation position. £25m a year is £15m more than we were getting with UA.
If we get a new deal for £25m a year compared to the £10m with under armour it's a big improvement. I don't think it's worth comparing us with Chelsea - had a quick look and the below shows just how many shirts Chelsea flogged around the world last year. That's why they'll get such a big deal, I haven't looked up our numbers but I can't imagine they'd be anywhere near.

GLOBAL SHIRT SALES
Team Shirts sold 2015/16
FC Barcelona 3637000
Bayern Munich 3312000
Chelsea 3102000
Manchester United 2977000
Real Madrid 2866000
PSG 2212000
Woolwich 2055000
Atletico Madrid 1977000
Juventus 1678000
AC Milan 1287000

Off the back of this season?

tumblr_inline_o2xpskjtbq1s665gj_500.gif

Funny thing is, you'd have thought Chelsea's popularity might have peaked with the Champions League win - but as far as I can tell, the general footballing community still loathes them to the core.

I can understand the sudden rise in interest in Leicester (though let's see how that goes in 12 months), but yeah, Chelsea just seems to be a 'thing' that happens in the background.
Fucking loathsome players too. Why would you want to put Diego Costa in your shirt?

Edit: Joaquin Joaquin I just saw the figures you posted. Made me sick in my mouth.

That has to be down to sales in Asia, surely? There's no way there are more Chelsea shirts than Liverpool, United, and Woolwich floating around in England.

If we get a new deal for £25m a year compared to the £10m with under armour it's a big improvement. I don't think it's worth comparing us with Chelsea - had a quick look and the below shows just how many shirts Chelsea flogged around the world last year. That's why they'll get such a big deal, I haven't looked up our numbers but I can't imagine they'd be anywhere near.

GLOBAL SHIRT SALES
Team Shirts sold 2015/16
FC Barcelona 3637000
Bayern Munich 3312000
Chelsea 3102000
Manchester United 2977000
Real Madrid 2866000
PSG 2212000
Woolwich 2055000
Atletico Madrid 1977000
Juventus 1678000
AC Milan 1287000

FFS 3rd in the global shirt sales ahead of the likes of Utd and Liverpool! Without the global exposure of European football will that receed? Liverpool no longer even register in the top 10.

We have got a very good deal still and hopefully our CL participation will increase our global brand awareness. Certainly did when we last lit up the competition.

Given the NFL thing and them being kit sponsors of that i'd wondered if they have had any interest in Stadium naming rights...

FFS 3rd in the global shirt sales ahead of the likes of Utd and Liverpool! Without the global exposure of European football will that receed? Liverpool no longer even register in the top 10.

We have got a very good deal still and hopefully our CL participation will increase our global brand awareness. Certainly did when we last lit up the competition.

Not just 'cos it's Chelsea, but I find that very hard to believe... in EVERY Country I have visited in my lifetime (and BOY, have I travelled!!) I have seen Man Utd & Liverpool shirts... (or at least those dodgy market stall replica versions that you ONLY see in North Africa or ASIA, but you know who they represent) and same goes for Barca & Real Madrid...

I honestly can't say that about Chelsea!

TBH I've also seen far too many Gooner shirts globally for my liking, but there you go!

Not just 'cos it's Chelsea, but I find that very hard to believe... in EVERY Country I have visited in my lifetime (and BOY, have I travelled!!) I have seen Man Utd & Liverpool shirts... (or at least those dodgy market stall replica versions that you ONLY see in North Africa or ASIA, but you know who they represent) and same goes for Barca & Real Madrid...

I honestly can't say that about Chelsea!

TBH I've also seen far too many Gooner shirts globally for my liking, but there you go!

Maybe they have been giving them away free in Russia and Ukraine? For every Gazprom sign up get a free chav top?!?!

... this training top.
It's almost like they purposely design the training tops to be more traditional for those who don't like the home or away shirts.
Imagine if we called their bluff and every fan bought one of THESE tops (or the navy 'away one') instead of the actual kit...?
Would certainly send a message that 'plain & simple' is best... and that red is NEVER welcome in OUR HOUSE!

I wonder how long it would take Levy to get the hint??

Back
Top Bottom