Nathan Oduwa

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rangers fans seem pretty clear about why he's come back. Opposition teams have targeted Oduwa for some aggressive attention and basically kicked lumps out of him. The fans don't feel that Oduwa got any protection from the refs either. Basically Rangers know they had a real talent but that the Scottish League is thuggish and despises skill and flair. I watched a number of their games and I only half agree. Before Oduwa got injured he was getting absolutely battered, but when he came back the opposition didn't need to touch him because Oduwa seemed to have gone into his shell. He wasn't trying to beat his man anymore, he wasn't dribbling anymore, he wasn't getting into dangerous positions anymore. He was playing it really safe, getting the ball in deeper, wider areas and just playing one twos with the Tavernier, the wing back. Some players can't be toughened up, they're just not made that way and as such need to be integrated into Premier League football, which is less physical (relatively) to see whether they are skilful enough to survive. We wouldn't do Lamela any favours by sending him to Cardiff to "toughen up" and the same goes for Oduwa.

It's not racist to point this out, but he really does look like Chris Rock doesn't he?
CXJEiJHWsAATerh.jpg:large

20130515-chrisrock-x624-1368654129.jpg
On that subject: the other night my missus was making some rice as a snack late at night. I asked her ' what rice is it, uncle Ben's' ?
She said. ' no it's Lenny henry's '
I said: ' there ain't no such thing '
" it's fecking Lenny henry's ' she said in her Dubby accent.
I looked at the pack and it was Ainsley Harriot's rice.
Couldn't fucking make it up.

From the very little I've seen of Oduwa I'd love for him to succeed, but I doubt that he will. He's got skill, tons of skill, and he's got physique, but he seems to want to use his abilities primarily to ridicule opponents rather than to be efficient for his team.

If he could develop a shot and learn to use his abilities in a Demelesque way he could be fantastic.

Maybe a loan out to a league that appreciates ability and that teaches players to score goals? Go dutch, please.

Uh oh... now it's getting POIRSONAL!

Today

Saturday

1. Spursinho rated your post Disagree in the thread MATCH THREAD TOTTENHAM VS SUNDERLAND (JERMAIN DEFOE DERBY).

10:11 AM
  1. Spursinho rated your post Disagree in the thread MATCH THREAD TOTTENHAM VS SUNDERLAND (JERMAIN DEFOE DERBY).
  1. 10:11 AM
:walker::walker::walker::walker::walker::walker-scream::walker-scream::walker-scream::walker-scream::walker-scream:
"The Dane, post: 932868, member: 5385"]Spursinho is a very sad cunt, just leave him be
Ratings for post #299 Thread: PLAYERS Nathan Oduwa
Disagree x 1
Spursinho
Ratings for post #300

...I thought you might sweetheart! xxx

Oi... Spursinho Spursinho ...you waaaaant some? :wansum:
I think you've trolled the wrong cunt here matey... You crack me up!!!
:troll:

Disagree with this sunshine; I love Spurs, anyone who doesn't is a right ol'cuuuuuuuuunt!
:angryscouser::goonermong:

There... my unassailable point well and truly made... :dwi:
...shut the door on your way out... :letmyselfout:
I JUST WON THE INTERNET!!!! :dude:

Just read an interview today where Warburton has confirmed the loan deal ended as he was unable to break into the team again. I hope he does well in the future but after initially being impressed with him he just wasn't effective enough anymore despite the early promise. I don't think he'd be able to cope with the pace of the Premiership but I'd be happy for him to prove me wrong as he's a likeable lad.

We've had others fail to impress on loans that have later progressed nicely, such as Mason and Kane. One bad loan isn't a disaster.

I'm worried that his skillset isn't fit for top level football thought. If there was a Harlem Globetrotters of football, he'd probably be right for them.

I wouldn't rule him out.

He was getting a lot of time in our pre-season friendlies and impressing a lot of people, including Pochettino. If Poch believes he can improve him, then I believe in him. We've seen him do it with a lot of players from his time at Southampton and Tottenham. Oduwa is quick, skillful and if he can be taught how to use his end product to good use and get some hard work out of him then he could be a real asset. It was interesting that he was sent out on loan to Rangers when the Scottish leagues were always going to be tough on him, but it shows trust shown by Pochettino in Warburton who Pritchard flourished under.

Anyone think this guy will be off? Whether or not it's tonight or in the summer? I know you can't use Twitter a valid source but he has zero links to Spurs on twitter, all his pictures are Rangers and his bio have no mention of Spurs - his contract is up in the summer too I believe.

Back
Top Bottom