Nabil Bentaleb

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Totabil Bentaspur
633.gif

He said that his direct competitors are Etienne Capoue and Sandro. His interlocutor said, 'what about Paulinho?' and he said 'not so much'. So maybe Sherwood really does see him as a DM, even if I don't. Also said he's taking things game by game and he doesn't think his spot is assured for either the World Cup or Tottenham Hotspur.

Sherwood...Motherfucking Catalina wine mixer of bad managers.

He has to be an AM.

I think he is more in the CM role, like Dembele and paulinho. He just isn't (yet) as good as either so shouldn't keep them out the team.

Depending on who is injured IMO all 3 should play. We really should set up our team shape to be as central as possible. Some may know I am anti wingplay with our current crop of wingers and wingbacks we have. If we can set up to play to our midfielders strengths we will be really hard to break down. This with a more static back 4 will be way more solid than throwing the dice with wingplay. We should start to take it through the center, and Dembele and Bentaleb will give the parked bus something to worry about physically for a change.

-----------------Ade---------------
-Eriksen--Bentaleb--Dembele--
--Paulinho--------The Beast-----

I think Bentaleb can be a real dark horse for us in the final third, and he has grit and fire that this team needs.

I think he is more in the CM role, like Dembele and paulinho. He just isn't (yet) as good as either so shouldn't keep them out the team.

Agree with this, he's good, but his passing in the final third can be a little too defensive at times. I'd reserve the AM roles for Eriksen, Chadli and Lamela, players who can shoot well outside the box, play and find an incisive pass, and also skip through the back 2 on occasion.

Bentaleb looks like the quintessential central midfielder, dependable and well balanced between attack and defence without being too heavily loaded in either function

Agree with this, he's good, but his passing in the final third can be a little too defensive at times. I'd reserve the AM roles for Eriksen, Chadli and Lamela, players who can shoot well outside the box, play and find an incisive pass, and also skip through the back 2 on occasion.

Bentaleb looks like the quintessential central midfielder, dependable and well balanced between attack and defence without being too heavily loaded in either function

I think we must remember that he is just 19 the fact we are already talking about him in this context shows how far he has come. Can't remember the last time we had a 19 year old this competent but as with all youngsters it's hard to know how he will develop.

Really not sure I follow why either, he was one of few consistent players.

Smooth on the ball, good work rate, not bad at tackling and when in a more forward position has a good cross and only 19. Might be a star of the future for us, our youth players such as him and Kane are some of the only bright spots this season.

Really being annoyed with the performances of Sandro and in particular Capoue when I have seen them, Capoue moves around the pitch slower than Huddleston but at least Huddleston is just a slowish player, Capoue looks like he doesn't care. To be fair to Tim Bentaleb really earned his spot in midfield this season and not sure why Chadli is being played over him in CM, Bentaleb is a much better central midfielder than Chadli.

Smooth on the ball, good work rate, not bad at tackling and when in a more forward position has a good cross and only 19. Might be a star of the future for us, our youth players such as him and Kane are some of the only bright spots this season.

Really being annoyed with the performances of Sandro and in particular Capoue when I have seen them, Capoue moves around the pitch slower than Huddleston but at least Huddleston is just a slowish player, Capoue looks like he doesn't care. To be fair to Tim Bentaleb really earned his spot in midfield this season and not sure why Chadli is being played over him in CM, Bentaleb is a much better central midfielder than Chadli.

Yep. Shewood introduced Bentaleb, but being Sherwood he had to do something wrong so he played him as a DM instead of an AM.

Our true DM's have been messed around something terrible this season. Imagine being Sandro in defence, in CB position: With Lennon, Townsend, Siggy, Bentaleb and Chadli in front of you. Not a single defensive player. He probably puked in the dressing room when the team sheet was put up.

Back
Top Bottom