Nabil Bentaleb

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He didn't say that did he?

Assuming the translation is correct - he made a comment about atmosphere when losing a game which is 100% spot on

It's the context that matters - a player shouldn't expect to be cheered when they look like they're not putting the effort in.

At the end of the day, going to be game, especially with your kid, can cost half of your weekly wage over here (for working class folk). You have to earn the respect of fans, not just expect it.

He's a naïve twat for saying what he has. Very often you'll find Spurs fans are one of the few in the PL who will still make some noise when were losing a game.

He's right that in Germany (from what I've seen) the support is incredible constant singing bouncing and chanting, it's like all the fans are away fans!

Couple of reasons for this though, the premier attracts more fans from abroad who are willing to pay more for a ticket the (day trippers) as they're known. I'm not knocking them, in fact I am one being from Dublin. But I don't think Schalke and wolfsberg would get the same % of fans from abroad as we would. Also, tickets are much cheaper so you can bring the whole family week in week out and endoctribate support meaning a lot of the weekly going fans have grown up with the club which would also add to the intense nature it the support.

It's the context that matters - a player shouldn't expect to be cheered when they look like they're not putting the effort in.

At the end of the day, going to be game, especially with your kid, can cost half of your weekly wage over here (for working class folk). You have to earn the respect of fans, not just expect it.

He's a naïve twat for saying what he has. Very often you'll find Spurs fans are one of the few in the PL who will still make some noise when were losing a game.
He's not the first player to complain about a negative atmosphere when losing - so let's not twist facts, please

Never said our support is shit either

Tottenham loan midfielder Nabil Bentaleb admits he idolises Andrea Pirlo and Zinedine Zidane.

Bentaleb made his Tottenham debut in late 2013, and soon became a fixture in the first team under Tim Sherwood.

The Algerian found opportunities more difficult to come by when Mauricio Pochettino was appointed manager in summer 2015, and he left to join Schalke on a season-long loan in August.

Speaking to German newspaper Sport Bild, the 21-year-old discussed the players he relies on to shape his playing style, in particular Italian pair Andrea Pirlo and Gennaro Gattuso.

“Both were absolute top class,” he said. “I personally love to control the game, as with Pirlo. I want to have my foot on the ball and touch it often. Many people say that I appear hard on the pitch. Outside the pitch, I am a very cool guy. In the cabin I am more calm.

“I liked the style of play of Zinedine Zidane a lot. He was a player who shook me. Currently I find Sergio Busquets and Toni Kroos super.”:pocheyes:

Tottenham loan midfielder Nabil Bentaleb admits he idolises Andrea Pirlo and Zinedine Zidane.

Bentaleb made his Tottenham debut in late 2013, and soon became a fixture in the first team under Tim Sherwood.

The Algerian found opportunities more difficult to come by when Mauricio Pochettino was appointed manager in summer 2015, and he left to join Schalke on a season-long loan in August.

Speaking to German newspaper Sport Bild, the 21-year-old discussed the players he relies on to shape his playing style, in particular Italian pair Andrea Pirlo and Gennaro Gattuso.

“Both were absolute top class,” he said. “I personally love to control the game, as with Pirlo. I want to have my foot on the ball and touch it often. Many people say that I appear hard on the pitch. Outside the pitch, I am a very cool guy. In the cabin I am more calm.

“I liked the style of play of Zinedine Zidane a lot. He was a player who shook me. Currently I find Sergio Busquets and Toni Kroos super.”:pocheyes:

What a nonsense article, Poch was appointed in 2014, in which time Bentaleb and Mason where our main men in midfield in that season, hence signing a new improved deal. If he hadn't gone Bertie Big Bollocks after the World Cup who knows whether or not he'd still be with us.

Him and Schalke aren't doing that well, so he says his last clubs fans weren't supportive when losing but Schalkes fans are brilliant even when we're losing. He's just looking for favour with the current fans.

Spurs could win the league and he wouldn't come back. I don't think many will argue.

Him and Schalke aren't doing that well, so he says his last clubs fans weren't supportive when losing but Schalkes fans are brilliant even when we're losing. He's just looking for favour with the current fans.

Spurs could win the league and he wouldn't come back. I don't think many will argue.

Yeah pretty funny that he says the Schalke fans are so good when the team is losing when they've played 6 lost 5 won 1 this season in the league.....

Back
Top Bottom