Musa Yahaya

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Make of this what you guys want, but I posted some ITK (from SC) in the Transfer thread.
I'll post it here too:

Trix on Musa Yahaya ...
Checked COYS on the way in and saw the Yahaya thread so thought I'd see what anyone knew about him. One of the agents seemed very surprised we had got him as he said Citeh were very much interested in him as "he is going to be the next big African player". There was also a Villa scout on board who had watched all of the the U17 world cup, where he stood out head and shoulders above everybody(which led to some joking about how old he actually was) and said they had been very interested but knew they had no chance considering the clubs looking at him. He also said IF(this word was emphasised) he settles quickly to life in England he could very well be in and around the match day squad very quickly HE IS THAT GOOD. He also said it should help that he has family living in London, which was speculated as to why he chose us over some others, it was also reiterated(by an agent) that our behind the scenes people are excellent at helping foreign players settle. They all seemed to agree it was a massive coup for us considering most of Europe's elite were looking to bring him in. Worth noting none of them had heard he had actually signed for us though.

It sounds pretty optimistic, if this all is true.

I hate to be pessimistic, but we probably won't hear about this guy again until he's released on a free after countless unsuccessful loan moves.

If you listen carefully you can already hear Windy practicing how to say his name for the loan section of podcast

:windy:

Coulibaly mk2 - pass

They don't even play the same position. The only similarity is that they are African.

Anyway this kid's agent is supposedly a crook. I'll only believe he's Spurs when the club announce it.

They don't even play the same position. The only similarity is that they are African.

Anyway this kid's agent is supposedly a crook. I'll only believe he's Spurs when the club announce it.
Reference was the to age vs. hype, not enthnicity

Wasn't the story that Barca had been trailing him for a while but as they got that Croatian wonderkid (who we where also after) they let us in. By the sounds of it he has some talent but it's how he develop's that key.

Remember Bale at 18 and Rooney at 18, Rooney was miles better now look at them. Luke Shaw according to people at Southampton is the best young player they have ever produced better than Bale, Chamberlain and Walcott and he is already a brilliant left back but the question is whether he has the desire and work ethic to become England's very own Phillip Lahm or will he end up as just another Baines or Johnson.

Another new article...

Musa Yahaya Impresses Spurs
Tottenham Hotspur prevailed in the fight for the signature of one of the hottest prospects on the African continent, Musa Yahaya, seeing off competition from fellow Londoners Woolwich and Ajax Amsterdam.

But since that deal was completed on March 10, 2014 for a fee of 1 million Euros excluding performance related incentives, the White Hart Lane outfit have not had a glimpse of the Mutunchi Academy midfielder.

Ahead of the start of the season, the 16-year-old began practicing with the Tottenham Hotspur Academy on Monday, and so far, he has tickled the fancy of the coaching staff.

''Musa is with the Under 21 Team of Tottenham but he will be joining the main team once in a while. I have spoken with my partner there and he said they are highly impressed with his performance.

''He started training with them on Monday and will continue there for one month,'' Babawo Mohammed, who will travel to the United Kingdom on Thursday to join his client, said to SL10.ng.

The Nigeria youth international has signed a pre-contract with Spurs, but there is a black and white agreement in place that he will pen a professional deal with effect from January 1, 2016, and by then he would have attained the age of maturity.

For agreeing to sign a preliminary contract with the Londoners, Yahaya would be paid £125,000 in five equal installments excluding his annual wage of £120,000, on the proviso that he remains on the books of his nursery club, Mutunchi Academy until December 31, 2015.

Musa Yahaya's contract with Spurs will expire on June 30, 2020, and he is set to pocket £50,000 when he makes his first Premier League start for the club.

Back
Top Bottom