Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Consistency is Sissoko's issue, we've seen both the bad and good sides of his game. Can he maintain his good form? No way of knowing, we'll just have to wait and see.

Whether or not you think his tackle is a red, you've seen players sent off for similar, so he was quite lucky to stay on the field. That's twice this season where he's put the side in potential danger, needs to cut that out.

Last edited:
From what I can see these last few matches is that he is smart on the break. He has an ability/awareness of the best option at full pace, given several, and can deliver on that decision with good proficiency. Not completely sold but I found myself during the Burnley match saying, "Oh, he sees that" and then he'd deliver a good lob/pass/cross etc.
That pass to Son in particular was a lovely bit of vision (not forgetting, of course, that he worked perfectly with Rose's dummy and then supplied a nicely-weighted assist for the winner). I think it's roughly in the middle of this video:

It's just unfortunate that Son decided to take the shot on rather than pass to Winks.

Sissoko is a player that plays on instinct, he needs freedom (with instructions ) to get tye best. The tackle was clumsy and shows where his head is when playing. At least he seems to ge trying.

His best performances have come when there's space to break into. When it's been a more attack vs defence game he's been useless.

I'm not sure if he's playing well or if the games just so happened to be played under conditions where he excels. When he's quicker than the full back and the full back is giving him room, he's not exactly exceeding performance expectations.

He needs to work on his short-mid range passing, his shooting and his quick decision making to really excel.

he was OK, but when he was taken off, we lost that ball winning/challenging strength, So & Eriksen don't have the heart to win the ball

what a pass for Dele / the Redmond pen. Inch perfect. Looking so much better than earlier in the season.

My son and I watching on a stream, we just KNEW that he'd be subbed off when others were playing nowhere near as well.

what a pass for Dele / the Redmond pen. Inch perfect. Looking so much better than earlier in the season.

My son and I watching on a stream, we just KNEW that he'd be subbed off when others were playing nowhere near as well.
He is a big lad but Poch has him playing with intensity, it's like asking Usain Bolt to run a long distance race. I have no problem with him coming on as sub, or being subbed when starting. I think he is being used well, can't argue with the performances he has put in despite not completing 90mins, seems to benefit him & us.

I think his pressing is improving - he seems to press at the right time, his passing is improving as he wasn't giving the ball away so easily. And, I think as his crossing is so poor he should drive into the box and try and pull it back like he did today for Son's goal or get fouled because players can't seem to tackle him.

He's a really useful option to have, he'll never be worth 30 million pounds but there's no player quite like him in the league.

I think his pressing is improving - he seems to press at the right time, his passing is improving as he wasn't giving the ball away so easily. And, I think as his crossing is so poor he should drive into the box and try and pull it back like he did today for Son's goal or get fouled because players can't seem to tackle him.

He's a really useful option to have, he'll never be worth 30 million pounds but there's no player quite like him in the league.
Oppo players appear to be shit scared of him. I am now beginning to sit on the edge of my seat when he gets on the ball. I still get the feeling he is learning, having to listen to his inner Poch before moving but game by game he is making a difference.

Oppo players appear to be shit scared of him. I am now beginning to sit on the edge of my seat when he gets on the ball. I still get the feeling he is learning, having to listen to his inner Poch before moving but game by game he is making a difference.

That's the thing, he looks like he has a genuinely different attitude since he's come here. I wasn't too concerned about his mindset and think his issues at Newcastle were 75% because of John Carver/Steve McLaren/Alan Pardew, imagine being an international player and listening to them... So far it looks like he's taken to Poch and hopefully that continues!

Back
Top Bottom