Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Very good at breaking the lines, I'm not convinced by his technical ability but someone that beats his man will move the opposition defence out of position and create more space for the likes of Eriksen and Kane. On recent showing he could be a positive addition to the squad for sure.

Sissoko in the headline on BBC for our game. Controversial, apparently. What a nonsense. Was it a foul, yes. Was it a bad foul, yes. Was it a red? You see them given, but it would have been very harsh indeed. There was no injury, no intent, no force behind it. People do worse each and every week in the league without any punishment at all. He got a yellow. That ought to be the end of it.
Poor timing for sure, but it's one-footed, not on the knee, and he's pulling out of the tackle right before he hits the guy. A yellow definitely seems fine.

Gotta love the media choosing Sissoko as the talking point as opposed to...

b53ba82d19df42d2bb7d0fb71e90cfdd

Jury remains out on him. Am pretty damn happy with his last few games. He's becoming a fucking bull. He should be with his size, but looked surprisingly feeble at first. Maybe the training was leaving him a bit shagged come match day. But as others say, he adds another dimension that we have been lacking. If we get him up to euro 2016 level then he's a superb addition. So hope he comes good. Didn't want him, scoffed at his price & was wholly underwhelmed initially. Always happy to be shown up as a clueless cunt when it comes to Spurs.

Poor timing for sure, but it's one-footed, not on the knee, and he's pulling out of the tackle right before he hits the guy. A yellow definitely seems fine.

Completely agree, that challenge there will break legs and (perhaps more likely) tear cruciate ligaments, a tackle like Sissoko's will give you a very sore cut on the leg that heals with in a couple of days.

100%
If Sissoko follows through with his challenge instead of pulling out of it like he did it would have been a red, but I think yellow is fair. Barnes was already on a yellow when he commits this foul, I was shocked to not see him sent off.

A lot better from him in the last few games, using his pace and strength. fuck the media... we know what their agenda is and has been for years

Watching Charlie Adam (Charlie fucking Adam!) critique Sissoko's foul on Match of the Day 2 last night is the height of hypocrisy.

Do they all read from the same cue cards? Let's make it the talking point rather than acknowledging Spurs are now only one point off the top 4...

Watching Charlie Adam (Charlie fucking Adam!) critique Sissoko's foul on Match of the Day 2 last night is the height of hypocrisy.

Do they all read from the same cue cards? Let's make it the talking point rather than acknowledging Spurs are now only one point off the top 4...
You know something? Maybe I was subconsciously programmed to believe Sissoko was a useless mercenary cunt. And when that gormless filthy cunt says our Sissoko is a wrong un, then maybe he's actually someone the opposition are feared of? I thought it was a horrible "tackle" but the ref had set the tone with some of the earlier decisions. They all love to dish it out to our lads but hate it when they get a dose back. Fuck em. I feel the "anyone but Spurs" mentality creeping back in-If it ever went away after we dared to dream of spoiling a 5000/1 fairytale.

From what I can see these last few matches is that he is smart on the break. He has an ability/awareness of the best option at full pace, given several, and can deliver on that decision with good proficiency. Not completely sold but I found myself during the Burnley match saying, "Oh, he sees that" and then he'd deliver a good lob/pass/cross etc.

Still not fully convinced. He played well in2 home games a shit opposition and against united he was positive without providing any end product to speak of.

That doesn't mean that I'm writing him off though. He still needs time to settle fully and hopefully these last few improved performances are part of a continuing upward curve that sees him be a very handy player once we hit the business end of the season. But I won't hold my breath

It's too early to say, but if he does continue to turn up in games, Sissoko potentialy offers the key to finding another way of playing. As Poch recognises, we need to develop a different style against the top sides, as we are becoming too predictable and they just park the bus. Sissoko can break at pace and with Walker and Rose I think we should consider a sit-back, and counter-attacking style of play vs Liverpool, Chelsea and Man United.

With Sissoko I always feel he looks best driving through the middle almost a water carrier player. In a 3 man midfield with a DM , a passer like Winks he can be the third box to box type player, making tackles, charging forward, laying the ball off, the grunt work as it were.

Fine for me as long the rest of the team is set up for balance.

With Sissoko I always feel he looks best driving through the middle almost a water carrier player. In a 3 man midfield with a DM , a passer like Winks he can be the third box to box type player, making tackles, charging forward, laying the ball off, the grunt work as it were.

Agreed.

Its telling that both of his assists for us have come when he's been in a central position and passing to someone else to score.

Still not fully convinced. He played well in2 home games a shit opposition and against united he was positive without providing any end product to speak of.

That doesn't mean that I'm writing him off though. He still needs time to settle fully and hopefully these last few improved performances are part of a continuing upward curve that sees him be a very handy player once we hit the business end of the season. But I won't hold my breath

He was also good against Man City.. In what some might say is our best performance all season.

Then I guess he started to get lazy and thinking he was an automatic starter which is where his performances and training levels dropped before Poch called him out.

Yeah he should be the right side of the midfield in a 433, when he's running with the ball and has the option to go inside or outside the oppo shit themselves - when he's on the wing he's far easier to defend against.

Last edited:
I like him. Pro active when we start running out of ideas......and takes the game to the oppo. None of this burst forward then check, stop, and pass it 2 meters backwards. He tends to see his run through to the end and tries to make a conclusive finish to the move, whether its a pass into the danger area or a shot.

He reminds me of Palacios actually.....I think he is superior in quality, but just hasnt had a start like Wilson did with that legendary debut vs The Scum.

His time will come.....you can just see it. Big player that one.

Back
Top Bottom