Moussa DEMBÉLÉ (DEMBÉLINHO)?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

SydneySpur

Doing the dirth
Dembele-Fulham.jpg

I love laying down the bad juju

I wonder if the players will get confused with name calls on the pitch.

Last edited:
11:34
SSN BREAKING NEWS (see what I did with the Yellow, there people?)
Sky sources: Fulham's Moussa Dembele is having a medical with Tottenham.
We understand the forward, who has scored 11 goals in all competitions this season, will be loaned back to Fulham for the remainder of the campaign.
It's the last bit that confuses me...
:kanehand:
Either we need cover this season, or we don't...

Unless we can recall him from Fulham if anything happens to HK??

A thought just hit me. If Levy is smart, he makes the deal with a loan back, but an option to "recall" as it were. A hefty, extra, price if we do it soon. Less hefty the later in the season it is. And next to nothing extra, if we do so when (if) Fulham have secured not going down. Would suit all parties, giving us a bit of insurance if Kane breaks down.

Sky sports now saying he is having a medical and will be loaned back. If he's gonna be loaned back what's the point of signing him now if he's out of contract in the summer?

A thought just hit me. If Levy is smart, he makes the deal with a loan back, but an option to "recall" as it were. A hefty, extra, price if we do it soon. Less hefty the later in the season it is. And next to nothing extra, if we do so when (if) Fulham have secured not going down. Would suit all parties, giving us a bit of insurance if Kane breaks down.
I think that Dembele is not ready to play in place of Kane anyway. Son or Chadli up front would perform better at the moment I'd imagine.
Yes Alli came in and has made such a massive impact, but strikers tend to take a bit longer. Also Fulham has been adamant, according to reports, about keeping Dembele until the end of the season and have been really digging their heels in.

Sky sports now saying he is having a medical and will be loaned back. If he's gonna be loaned back what's the point of signing him now if he's out of contract in the summer?
I guess it's as a favour to Fulham who are under a transfer ban and can't buy a replacement, it's probably the only reason they are selling to us as well.

Fulham have a transfer ban so they don't want him to go yet. I'm sure that complicates matters. If he is our only player then I hope we can recall him if Kane is injured. But it may also signal that we are signing an older striker too?

I assume he wouldn`t be free (tribunal) + better to just get him signed now and not having to fight with other clubs come summer. Same reasoning as behind the Dele Alli transfer last winter window.

Back
Top Bottom