Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Re: Dembele

Dr. Filth said:
Someareteeth said:
Ummm...eBay?

(or if you stroll over to the general football board here on the forum, a poster named The Tottenham Shop would like a word with you)
Yeah I just checked ebay for the first time last night. Thanks for the heads up with the Tottenham Shop though.

You will need a fair bit of spare cash though

Would love to see Dembele molded into Modric's direct replacement. From what I've seen, he's certainly got a lot of ability, and although his game is different from Modric's right now, I think he can play a very similar role to what Modric played for us.

First things first, i've posted this already on here, but whilst we are playing 4-2-3-1 I defiantly think he should be fitting into the two alongside a Sandro/Parker/Livermore. Need that bit of quality and guile in the center of the park. Think in the last couple of games we have looked very predictable in possession and almost lost for ideas resulting in to many sideways passes, especially just inside the opponents half.

Playing him in the 2 also creates room in the 3. With Bale and Lennon out wide and Sig through the middle behind Ade. Not to mention Dempsey could play anyway in the 3 or as the centre forward.

Fellow's name is Dembélé. It would follow that the last two syllables, having the same vowel ("é"), would be pronounced the same.

Hence, dem-BAY-lay.

I don't give a Dumb-belly how you pronounce it, as long as he keeps up the early promise he's shown... he looks Gooooooooood!

Dare I say it a bit of the Vieira's about him (which is NO bad thing!) Ability AND Strength... a rare commodity indeed! Hudd would be the nearest thing we've had at the club in recent years... but Dembele seems to have Modric's ability to go past players, and Thudd's beefcake build to boot! A real heady mix.

Niall Quinn seemed to think it was Dem-Bell, mind you he thought we were playing at the Majeeki Stadium...

ArtyB said:
Niall Quinn seemed to think it was Dem-Bell, mind you he thought we were playing at the Majeeki Stadium...
0.jpg

I bet no one gets the reference :adestare:

I remember Mr Majeika.

Not sure if it's just me, but when Dembele goes on a run he always looks like he's one step away from losing the ball, sucking a defender in and then nipping it away from them.... Not always pretty, but seems to work.

I'm rapidly moving in to territory where Dembele (sp) is my favourite current player. Bloke has been the biggest addition to the squad ever, proportionate to my expectations of him. Not saying I didn't expect much but whenever he's on the ball I'm relaxed, know we're going forward.

Lots of tidy midfield short passing last night. All very nice but not stretching the opposition enough. Need to mix with more longer passes to switch play. Not sure dembele is the man for this. When the ball isn't switched enough Bale starts coming inside more to look for it.

ArtyB said:
He also thought our kit lacked enough white to be a proper Spurs kit. I personally thought a change kit ought to look different from the home one

SanDiegoYiddo said:
Some of his first touches that take him around players are brilliant. Smooth player.
I don't think anything will beat :hudd: 's dummy in a while, that was just sexual! :ledleylick:

I'm of the opinion that Dembele can do the job Modric did for us. His lack of ability in long passes is more than made up by his stronger goal threat.

yiddo2786 said:
ArtyB said:
He also thought our kit lacked enough white to be a proper Spurs kit. I personally thought a change kit ought to look different from the home one

Exactly, I thought well, that is kind of the point of an away kit, and on that subject I quite like the third kit, fuck it I'm gonna buy one!

Big Les Wade said:
Lots of tidy midfield short passing last night. All very nice but not stretching the opposition enough. Need to mix with more longer passes to switch play. Not sure dembele is the man for this. When the ball isn't switched enough Bale starts coming inside more to look for it.

Must admit despite being generally happy with much of our performance against Lazio, there were moments when Bale was out on the left and the pass just never came, switching it up a couple of times more might have helped us score a third goal.

Back
Top Bottom