Monaco away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If I were you I'd go. (I am)At least you can enjoy the match for what it is with no real trepidation about the result. I have a funny feeling the atmosphere will actually be pretty good in a carefree carnival type way. A Wtf kind of gallows humour prevailing through the stands.
Fucking hope so. Tube strike as well so it's going to be an arse getting there.

@spursmalc You don't think MP put out weakened teams? or you don't expect to see a very weak team against CSKA?

It would be nice if you could explain which you disagree with :dembelewtf:
I don't expect to see a very weak team against CSKA. We need to win at Wembley to rid us of that losing streak. To lose and then go into next season when we play all matches at Wembley on a 7 match losing run would be a disaster. We need to win that match and then win at least the first home Europa match and we can then look to Wembley matches with more confidence.

Nah, just people being selective with who they cunt off, so they can put themselves on a high horse and say "Look at me, I still believe, I'm a true fan". Congratulations, it will be on your gravestone.
Let me get this right...You're moaning about people not cunting off an article they may not have seen?

You feel you're being treated unfairly?

Just for evidence's sake, this is you in the West Ham thread...

Whose played well today?

Kane, shit. Eriksen, shit. Dembele, poor. Janssen, same old.

You can't expect to win when you've only got 2-3 players doing well.

If we forget about last season, Poch would be on his last legs at this point. Not good enough.

2 goals in 15 games is pushing it with this team.

I'll be honest. I don't even want the draw. Rather we get a smacked arse and improve. Sick of the draws and the drone of mediocrity they endue.

Wake the fuck up. I don't care how, if it means we lose 4-1. Tired of us playing like this. Hasn't been enjoyable to watch for months.

Be surprised if we finish top 5-6 this season. Worst I've seen us in years.

Another draw. Woo.

You think that was a good performance?

I'm over the moon we won. But we played like shit and didn't look like scoring all game.

Shit, I didn't realise that. Thanks old chap.

We scored a rebound, a tap in and a last min pen.

Again, over the moon, but not exactly goals that required much effort or guile. No one can say they thought we'd score many in that game - at 1-0 many on here were saying they didn't have much hope of us coming back.

You think Kane had a blinder, where he looked like scoring every time he got forward?
You think Eriksen ripped teams apart with through balls and crosses?
You think Dembele bossed midfield and created chances?
You think Alli impacted the game, nut megged 10 people and scored?

We didn't look like winning until we won. We win and instead of celebrating people love to gloat. "Look, you were wrong, haha". Fucking scenes.

I remember people going mental that Rose and Walker weren't crossing or attacking. Loads of people bitched and moaned. Yet I get highlighted, of course.

Sure, I agree.

But then you get worms coming out of the wood work saying "Fuck the haters, I knew all along we'd win and score 2 goals in 160 seconds!", which is blatantly bullshit and people lap it up.

"Fuck, he thought we'd lose when 2-1 down in the 90th min. He's anti-spurs!". Ridiculous.

I think people are just calling a spade a spade. You are a depressing, whinging melter who literally cannot enjoy a last gasp victory against West Ham because you're too interested in pissing on everyone's chips.

My favourite bit is ''We win and instead of celebrating people love to gloat.''. You and Dane were literally the only ones not celebrating.

You need to ditch this whole victim schtick. No one is picking on you. You get deservedly railed because everyone can see you for what you are.

It's not that hard to grasp. When you act a cunt, expect to get cunted. TFC 101.

Oh and fyi, after we scored the equaliser, you didn't post in celebration, just ''another draw. Woo''. What was that about ''instead of celebrating''?

The evidence is damning.

Last edited:

Spot bloody on!

Come on, mate.

Putting credence on Mr. Chelsea Craig Burley and Mr. Woolwich Paul Marriner. Fuck me. Oh and then Steve Nicol just to complete the trifecta of bollocks. Might as well listen to Judas.

I get the point you're trying to make but please never put those 3 bellends up as people we should be listening to.

Gab Marcotti is fair enough. He's generally quite fair in his assessment of Spurs.

They're not telling us anything we don't already know.

Last edited:
Just shows its all about ££.
CL qualification comes before any cup, even the CL itself.
It's strange & wrong from a football point of view. But it makes sense from a business point of view.

Fans would rather win a trophy, club management/owners would rather get as much profit as possible.

I don't expect to see a very weak team against CSKA. We need to win at Wembley to rid us of that losing streak. To lose and then go into next season when we play all matches at Wembley on a 7 match losing run would be a disaster. We need to win that match and then win at least the first home Europa match and we can then look to Wembley matches with more confidence.
It will be really strange if he doesn't play a weakened team as we have man utd away 4 days later.
Won't play our strongest team for CL progress but will for europa progress.
happy to play tired players against utd away but not for chelsea.

Come on, mate.

Putting credence on Mr. Chelsea Craig Burley and Mr. Woolwich Paul Marriner. Fuck me. Oh and then Steve Nicol just to complete the trifecta of bollocks. Might as well listen to Judas.

I get the point you're trying to make but please never put those 3 bellends up as people we should be listening to.

Gab Marcotti is fair enough. He's generally quite fair in his assessment of Spurs.

They're not telling us anything we don't already know.
Well where I'm from (OZ) the opinion is more important than the mouth it came out of. So yeah, that club rivalry mentality you're brought up on isn't overly relevant here. If Paul Merson said something about the club I agreed with why dismiss it just because it's Merson?
If Spurs Legend Ledley King said the very same then what would the difference be?

Well where I'm from (OZ) the opinion is more important than the mouth it came out of. So yeah, that club rivalry mentality you're brought up on isn't overly relevant here. If Paul Merson said something about the club I agreed with why dismiss it just because it's Merson?
If Spurs Legend Ledley King said the very same then what would the difference be?
That he doesn't have previous of shitting on our club over petty bullshit. I think it was Burley that was one of those pundits that shitted on Kane last season during his quiet period.

On Paul Merson, I'm not putting weight to a fucking thing he says. Ever.

I certainly wouldn't be posting the opinions of a Liverpool, Woolwich and Chelsea fan as some neutral assessment of Spurs.

And as I said, they're not reinventing the wheel in what they said, they just put a very negative spin on it. Rather than from a point of neutrality and seeing what Poch may have been thinking. Just shitting on us. Burley was spitting feathers ffs. He was loving it.

The mouth the opinion comes out of is very important over here. A stopped clock is right twice a day. I'm still not taking Charlie Nicholas seriously.

It will be really strange if he doesn't play a weakened team as we have man utd away 4 days later.
Won't play our strongest team for CL progress but will for europa progress.
happy to play tired players against utd away but not for chelsea.
Perhaps I should have underlined the word VERY. I expect a similar team to previous matches. Trippier etc but not kids. I really feel we must rid ourselves of this anti Wembley thing. Otherwise no point playing to win in FA Cup as get Wembley semi and more importantly next season we are playing every home match there. Pressure off and against a lesser team than the other 2 a win is essential and not a draw.

We were in a similar situation last year. On a bad run, and then the derby against the scum in the Capital One Cup where we lost 2-1, and many suggested, that we should have fielded a stronger starting eleven. And all that criticism and the risk paid off on the weekend of that game, when we beat City 4-1. It's been the turnaround for our whole season.

Poch has taken another risk. Let's see if it pays off this Saturday.

Cause Merson is a fat, stupid, piss head gooner, and Ledley is the king of white heart Lane....(I feel bad for even mentioning them both in the same sentence)
Pretty obvious what the difference is from here!
:adethumbup:

The mouth the opinion comes out of is very important over here. A stopped clock is right twice a day. I'm still not taking Charlie Nicholas seriously.
I know it does, I've got to know Englishmen who have come out here. One part of English culture that I will never truly understand and probably never agree with.

As biased as you may perceive pundits who played for other clubs to be, I'd say a large percentage of people who post on this site are very rose coloured in their assessments of Tottenham.

Forget what they said for a second. Would you agree it is baffling to rest players for the CL (which we did through out), especially in a must win game to prioritise a league fixture where you're trying to accrue points to get into the CL. I will never agree with anyone who defends the decision to rest Jan and Walker. Fuck Chelsea on the weekend, Monaco away was far more important.
Hard to disagree with any of that. Very hard to defend Pochettino. He's let the fans down badly.
Agree totally. Still wondering what cup competition Pochettino actually takes seriously. If he's going to treat every cup with contempt and prioritise the league, then he bloody better win the league!

I know it does, I've got to know Englishmen who have come out here. One part of English culture that I will never truly understand and probably never agree with.

As biased as you may perceive pundits who played for other clubs to be, I'd say a large percentage of people who post on this site are very rose coloured in their assessments of Tottenham.

Forget what they said for a second. Would you agree it is baffling to rest players for the CL (which we did through out), especially in a must win game to prioritise a league fixture where you're trying to accrue points to get into the CL. I will never agree with anyone who defends the decision to rest Jan and Walker. Fuck Chelsea on the weekend, Monaco away was far more important.

Agree totally. Still wondering what cup competition Pochettino actually takes seriously. If he's going to treat every cup with contempt and prioritise the league, then he bloody better win the league!
Whether I agree is not the point, I do. The fact that I can form my own opinion rather than listen to some Chelsea slag rant about us and then congratulate them on their cutting analysis.

Fuck that.

Of course we're biased on here, it's a Spurs forum. That doesn't mean we can't see what everyone does.

That's the problem I have with the melters half the time. They think they have some individual viewpoint that none of us are getting. Nah mate, it's just we don't wallow in it and take enjoyment slagging the club off the minute we stumble.

Said it before, we constantly need to finish top 4 to pay towards the new stadium, do I agree we rested players? NO, we should have played our strongest 11 but look at who did start, it's not like he put out a display of kids like against liverspuds in the cup.
Sometimes we need to look at the bigger picture, If we do beat the chavs at the weekend we have a very nice run of fixtures coming up, hit a bit of form and we could easily be top of the league for new year, but all this talk that we threw the match etc is utter bollox. This is Poch's first year in the CL and our 2nd, we ain't the first team to go out aT the group stages and won't be the last while still fairly new to the competition.
Plus how many on here can honestly say they would have rather have got to the knock out stages of the CL and be is the same position as Leicester in the league?

Whether I agree is not the point, I do. The fact that I can form my own opinion rather than listen to some Chelsea slag rant about us and then congratulate them on their cutting analysis.

Fuck that.

Of course we're biased on here, it's a Spurs forum. That doesn't mean we can't see what everyone does.

That's the problem I have with the melters half the time. They think they have some individual viewpoint that none of us are getting. Nah mate, it's just we don't wallow in it and take enjoyment slagging the club off the minute we stumble.
Fair enough. As an observation it seems common on here to shoot down people who voice negative thoughts. Just my 2c worth

Of course sometimes that's someone being consistently negative but there are instances where it was based on objectivity.

I know it's not the popular view to criticise Poch as he's generally taken the club and team forward in his short reign, done so with a core of English players which I'd imagine makes it better from an English pov?

That said, I struggle to see this CL campaign with anything remotely praise worthy for the manager. His comments about not having the quality to compete particularly grating as I personally voiced concerns on deadline day over our activity. Seems as though the summer window wasn't best utilised.

Fair enough. As an observation it seems common on here to shoot down people who voice negative thoughts. Just my 2c worth

Of course sometimes that's someone being consistently negative but there are instances where it was based on objectivity.

I know it's not the popular view to criticise Poch as he's generally taken the club and team forward in his short reign, done so with a core of English players which I'd imagine makes it better from an English pov?

That said, I struggle to see this CL campaign with anything remotely praise worthy for the manager. His comments about not having the quality to compete particularly grating as I personally voiced concerns on deadline day over our activity. Seems as though the summer window wasn't best utilised.
Negative thoughts are fine. Christ, I've slammed Eriksen and Sissoko lately. But constant negativity like Scott, JayC and the likes do is fucking annoying. Just look at my post to JayC that had his posts in the West Ham match thread. It was pathetic.

In regards to the comments about the quality, he's come out since and corrected as he was lost in translation.

Negative thoughts are fine. Christ, I've slammed Eriksen and Sissoko lately. But constant negativity like Scott, JayC and the likes do is fucking annoying. Just look at my post to JayC that had his posts in the West Ham match thread. It was pathetic.

In regards to the comments about the quality, he's come out since and corrected as he was lost in translation.
So what did he clarify them to mean?
He's not exactly the easiest to understand at times.

Back
Top Bottom