Missing the Tottenham circus

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

SawboSpur1882 SawboSpur1882 Loved it great read ,what makes and keeps this club great is young men with your passion and the ability within your words to sum up the way we should all feel about Spurs .Respect young man make sure it,s not your last .

SawboSpur1882 SawboSpur1882 Loved it great read ,what makes and keeps this club great is young men with your passion and the ability within your words to sum up the way we should all feel about Spurs .Respect young man make sure it,s not your last .

Really good article, read it with a smile on my face, which was the whole point anyway :).

Thank you both so much! I write because I love expressing my views on sport and this great club but getting feedback like that is what makes me really smile and makes it so worth it!

Love this article.

I know there are a couple of different meanings that people attach to the word "Spursy." But that match absolutely perfectly encapsulated Spurisness as I feel it. Lamela's rabona was the most outrageous, unnecessary, ridiculous display of sublime skill I could imagine. Spursy as hell. Harry Kane scoring a hat trick and ending up all gangly and goofy trying to stop that shot. That was the Spursiest performance I've ever witnessed. Everything about that match was exhilarating. And bizarre. I fucking loved it.

I shut my office door and surreptitiously watched that match on my computer in the middle of a workday, and I was going bananas. Fuck. To have been there in person must have been amazing.

Last edited:
Love this article.

I know there are a couple of different meanings that people attach to the word "Spursy." But that match absolutely perfectly encapsulated Spurisness as I feel it. Lamela's rabona was the most outrageous, unnecessary, ridiculous display of sublime skill I could imagine. Spursy as hell. Harry Kane scoring a hat trick and ending up all gangly and goofy trying to stop that shot. That was the Spursiest performance I've ever witnessed. Everything about that match was exhilarating. And bizarre. I fucking loved it.

I shut my office door and surreptitiously watched that match on my computer in the middle of a workday, and I was going bananas. Fuck. To have been there in person must have been amazing.
Thank you mate. You've hit the nail on the head, there were plenty of people using the word "Spursy" that night.

As I wrote, up there with last season's NLD as my favourite game I've ever been to, it's just a shame so few attended. In a way though that made the night even more unique, I've rarely seen so many empty seats at the Lane.

That game was my first ever football match that I watched and bought a match scarf to remember it by. My first time seeing Spurs play and my first time to the Lane. Ryan Mason was my favourite player that night (I just remember shirt number 38, not knowing any of them, he seemed to be all over the pitch working hard). I didn't know what a Rabona was and knew nothing of the history of the club, or football in general, only what I had learned from my 10 year old being a keen footballer. I was hooked from that point, joined the club as a bronze member in December and went as often as I could for the remainder of the season. I realise now that it was a great time to become a Spurs fan and am so glad that I chose that game to go to.

Good article, well done to Sawbo 1882 and nice to know we have some really good fans to keep the Tottenham flag flying:thumbup:

Mind you given the nature of that night, perhaps Royal Variety Show would be a more apt name than 'circus'. Featuring King Kane and Prince Erik!

Good article, well done to Sawbo 1882 and nice to know we have some really good fans to keep the Tottenham flag flying:thumbup:

Mind you given the nature of that night, perhaps Royal Variety Show would be a more apt name than 'circus'. Featuring King Kane and Prince Erik!
Thank you, appreciate that. You have a point but not sure "Missing the Tottenham Royal Variety Show" rolls off the tongue quite as well.;)

Over the moon today, I've had some really inspiring feedback from the likes of Charlie Parrish and WindyCOYS WindyCOYS , a retweet from Flav Flav , as well as kind words from many others for this piece. It really is uplifting to see people relating to this experience and appreciating my writing.

Just a quick thank you to Admin Admin and Bardi Bardi for their work on the site, because without them I might not have gotten the chance to put my thoughts anywhere. And thank you again to everyone on here that read my pieces and give feedback, good and bad! Hopefully these are the first steps in a happy and successful career.

I apologise for the cringey, emotional bullshit but I really do appreciate it. :adebaehug:

Back
Top Bottom